• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WU & MONEY GRAM, won't allow $ to china.....

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
Posted on the other forum this am, didn't get many bites, guess nobodys concerned yet...

Major prob here, can't pay with anything but these or wire and of course no-one I have dealt with does wires anymore either they said do to new regulations for 2018.
Summary of what my experience has been over last 36hrs and at least 4hrs spent with them trying ONLINE & in person, multiple time at MULTIPLE locations AND to different receivers on chinas end I keep getting the same hamster shit... Pay the stack of cash, they smile and print receipt then ask for signature on the recipt then say 5seconds later oh btw this transaction is on HOLD you gotta call corporate. Then I spend 15min getting asked PERSONAL & INAPPROPRIATE questions about how I know them how many times ive seen them their age this birthday their hobbies and WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO USE THE MONEY FOR! Of course I tell them everything they want to hear PLUS they can see ive sent heaps of cash to them previously.

Then they proceed to tell me I am wrong and im an getting scammed and they cannot allow me to send the money to somebody I personally know and have sent money to before....

So gents, thinks, thoughts, feels... smells?

Reactions: electric

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Strange. But the third time I’ve heard this today. I’m planning on a WU payment since my CC payment is never a fun road.

So they won’t send your money and give you a refund???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
I did get my money back each time but they refuse to send it after they accept the money. Remember, I did this multiple times, multiple locations and to different recipients in china. all same thing. Also did online for both.. there is something brewing here...

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
definitely sounds fishy! what if you and the TD were on the same page with a story, like they are your furniture designer, and its for some kitchen facets?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Interesting.

if this is happening then I guess TD's will have to set up separate accounts to act as proxies, though I guess with attention from the banks it could be uncovered fairly quickly...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh great . . .
Anyone else having issues so far? Please let us know if you are.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I am planning on paying for a watch today. I have used WU many times before. I will give it a try and report back

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I use PP. Important for everyone is also to become a Trusted Customer with their Trusted Dealer.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
This could lead to a increased use of PayPal by the TDs... and seeing how noobs behave (claims) I think that buying a watch is going to be an hard task...

rek0001

1/1/13
Hmmm, not good.
I haven't bought a rep for awhile now but last time I used WU in person at a currency exchange, had absolutely no problem.

As reps are getting better it's going to be harder to pay for them I think.

BigBoo

28/6/15
I bought a watch last Friday and payed with WU, and sent additional payment yesterday using WU, no problems at all :)

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
I bought a watch last Friday and payed with WU, and sent additional payment yesterday using WU, no problems at all :)

Which country to which country? also was amount over 1000? or 500? trying to get a feel here. That thread for the settlement yesterday probably put things on hold or something. Clearly something is up tho

BigBoo

28/6/15
Which country to which country? also was amount over 1000? or 500? trying to get a feel here. That thread for the settlement yesterday probably put things on hold or something. Clearly something is up tho

Spain to China, amount was under 500 USD

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thank you for your feedback... are them (WU) asking only the name of the beneficiary or are asking the address aswell?

My experience is that when something does not go as planned many on here will panic and post something along the lines of "THE SKY IS FALLING" etc. Usually it is the OP's first post and he has been a member all of 13 hours. In this case it seems as the OP has been around the block a time or two, but is still over reacting to his bad experience rather quickly.

Usually a quick note to your TD and all will be resolved as they have all seen just about everything.

I said that I was planning on sending money today and I would report back. I just did about 20 minutes ago. It was exactly the same procedure as I have had many times in the past. In my case I go into a bank that is inside a grocery store that has a WU within that little bank branch. I fill out the paperwork that has the name of the TD on it and the Country that I am sending it to (no specific address) and that is about it. They ask me for my ID and everything was smooth sailing. Total amount in my case was $478 Details removed;

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
Could be small town vs major scam city like im in. or dollar amount. Like I said, multiple senders, multiple receivers, and multiple store locations. nothing worked.

When things happen they happen fast. Ive had plenty of things go missing in shipping etc, not being able to send money from all the ways ive tried and had another do it for me, thats a different story