• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed - Repair problem with Puretime

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
Dear all,

I send my YLF IWC 3714 back to puretime due to a suspected movement problem, they changed the movement and send QC pics back to me. This is when I realized that the dial marking is somehow different from the one I send in, the alignment of the dial and the outer marker ring also changed. I suspected that they have changed the dial but they insist they didn't. The fact is, the dot at the 16 min marker looks much larger than when I sent in the watch, which for me is not acceptable. 

a7d472820aa189802ecc9cb4bb88c351.jpg
41b494ed10051c5501678f0b6ef6d188.jpg

I explained I wouldn't be able to accept the watch, this is Puretime's response:

26baf17a074805be5c79be97a665084e.jpg

I am not too confident that I could resolve this by myself, any comments about this and is there anything RWI could help me with? I think there was a help desk for disputes but I am not too sure, can someone point me in the right way? Thank you for helping.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Please contact one of the sales moderators (the guys with their names in bright green) for assistance.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i believe is the lightning , just adk for more straight pics
see the big hole in 20 looks smaller for instance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

«ask»

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
i believe is the lightning , just adk for more straight pics
see the big hole in 20 looks smaller for instance

They sent me a video, but actually that's more obvious, the dot does look a lot bigger after repair

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thank you, message sent!

I'm with you Desmond. These TDs are pulling some slick sh!t. Why do you think they are doing this to you? I bet they are selling your original dial and putting on a cheaper one.

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Hi all, im not here for complications but i see somethings weird... the "6" and "12" numbers are too near to subdials in the second one pic (should be the "after").
Just wandering if im wrong...
Sorry for my bad English, hope I explained

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Both pic's are showing the same dial under two different light settings, hence the dot OP highlighted has an optical illusion of being larger. Please note top of the numerals reflecting the light on the top making 12 and 6 digits "closer" to sub-dials. No issue there. Ask TD for another pic in different light or a close-up.

d38d4e17347f81f81dc0441720be1e6e--billy-mays-scenery.jpg

You should pay extra for the glow-in-the-dark pube swirl

BEFORE:

Beforepube_zpsouyttcmz.jpg

AFTER:

Beforepube2_zps1vebam9z.jpg

I'd be asking TD about it instead. Be polite, don't be a dope :sub4me: you making big deal out of nothing.

Reactions: sierra-tango

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Both pic's are showing the same dial under two different light settings, hence the dot OP highlighted has an optical illusion of being larger. Please note top of the numerals reflecting the light on the top making 12 and 6 digits "closer" to sub-dials. No issue there. Ask TD for another pic in different light or a close-up.

d38d4e17347f81f81dc0441720be1e6e--billy-mays-scenery.jpg

You should pay extra for the glow-in-the-dark pube swirl

BEFORE:

Beforepube_zpsouyttcmz.jpg

AFTER:

Beforepube2_zps1vebam9z.jpg

I'd be asking TD about it instead. Be polite, don't be a dope :sub4me: you making big deal out of nothing.

You are part of the TD conspiracy. There's something going on here and Desmond and I are going to get to the bottom of it.

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18

This! Hard to tell sometimes sometimes due to different camera angles / light conditions / (not) using flash / vignette effect of the camera and the crystal / camera can also be an issue converting the raw picture in JPEG which can also lead to a different picture. If I were the OT I would kindly ask for another picture. We need to avoid using harsh words ...

:drinks_cheers:

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
Yeah I asked them about the piece of thing on the hands too. They actually filmed a video to show the dial to me, but it does make it more obvious that it's not an illusion but it's really a different dial. I think they swapped the movement with the hands and dial altogether. I am trying to see if they could get my old dial back.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yeah I asked them about the piece of thing on the hands too. They actually filmed a video to show the dial to me, but it does make it more obvious that it's not an illusion but it's really a different dial. I think they swapped the movement with the hands and dial altogether. I am trying to see if they could get my old dial back.

I bet those bastards sold it already.

Reactions: tripdog

Surfas

Horology Curious
26/3/18
From an eye prespective it does seem weird the ball, but the pictures are not exactly the same and clearly there is light differences but it appears that the ball/circle is not even complete. but that's me and I'm a noob in this stuff.

timewalker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/14
Oh boy, and I thought I'm a nitpicker! It's obviously some shadow. You should be thanking them for ALIGNING your dial. Had you realised that your original dial was crooked? That is, it was rotated counterclockwise by 0.09 degrees, though i prefer to measure in radians. But TDs tend to say degrees are better just to fool us! Ridiculous! :D :D thanks for this post.

Reactions: scfong

timewalker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/14
Oh, and have that curl DNA analysed, I'm sure it's JFK's clone! Those bastards!