• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Credit card dangers

BRIZZZ67

Known Member
6/10/16
After a recent fraudulent attempt on my credit card coming from China I am now reluctant to use my card on rep sites. I tend to use PayPal for all general online purchases apart from reps and now would be more comfortable to do likewise with reps .Are their any trusted sites that accept PayPal,?I know in the past there was but no longer have any idea if this is still the case...

thanks

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Perfect clones takes PayPal. It's not a trusted dealer on here but it is on rwg
pf-828.com
[[ADMIN EDIT]] Let's not explain how the payment system works in open forum, huh? [[/ADMIN EDIT]]
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rek0001

1/1/13
Not to scold but I'd never give out my CC number to rep dealers. Preferable use is PP thru dealer or WU in person, not WU online.

Reactions: electric

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
well we could always use a Prepaid credit card for these , now , couldnt we ?

secondrodeo

Looking Around
16/4/18
Newbie here. I thought that using a virtual number from my credit card company would solve possible issues. The charge was supposed to be for ~$350.00 and someone in China tried to run it for $1779.00.

This set off a fraud concern and the CC co called me and I had to shut down the CC.

Turns out the CC co. cannot simply disable the virtual CC # that I gave to the Chinese co. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with the mess.

Lesson here: Do not use your CC or even a virtual number generated by your CC co.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
ive used my CC for a ton of dealer purchases with no issue.

I have however, had my CC cloned at 2 different Taco Bells now.

There is always the opportunity to get your shit stolen. Just monitor your accounts.

Reactions: trailboss99

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I use Pay Pal and have never had a problem ... some dealers prefer to allow Pay Pal purchases to buyers that have bought from them before, however ..

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
TBH, if your credit card gets skimmed, what are you out? A phone call? If you have more than one card it's not like you're stuck without in the meantime. Don't use your debit card on these sites, but credit cards it's not a big deal because you're not responsible for fraud regardless.

Edit: And if you carry an amex, they fedex priority overnight new cards to you (gratis naturally) so you're not even without the card that long

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
TBH, if your credit card gets skimmed, what are you out? A phone call? If you have more than one card it's not like you're stuck without in the meantime. Don't use your debit card on these sites, but credit cards it's not a big deal because you're not responsible for fraud regardless.

Edit: And if you carry an amex, they fedex priority overnight new cards to you (gratis naturally) so you're not even without the card that long

capital one takes forever to send one. its been over a week since my CC info was cloned and someone bought $20 worth of Taco bell 3 hrs from my house. At least karma caught up to them in the form of taco bell squirts

Reactions: Tucker and tr573

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Good to know re: C1. Barclays and Amex have always been super super prompt with mine.

greenfield

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/13
Not sure how many rep sites have implemented bitcoin/cypto acceptance but that is definitely a safer method too

highrisedrifter

Newbie here. I thought that using a virtual number from my credit card company would solve possible issues. The charge was supposed to be for ~$350.00 and someone in China tried to run it for $1779.00.

This set off a fraud concern and the CC co called me and I had to shut down the CC.

Turns out the CC co. cannot simply disable the virtual CC # that I gave to the Chinese co. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with the mess.

Lesson here: Do not use your CC or even a virtual number generated by your CC co.

I read your reddit post. Glad you got it sorted though, even if it was a ballache.

timewalker

30/9/14
Perfect clones takes PayPal. It's not a trusted dealer on here but it is on rwg
pf-828.com
[[ADMIN EDIT]] Let's not explain how the payment system works in open forum, huh? [[/ADMIN EDIT]]
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you can put up with his BS and "great customer service" lol. I rather have my card cloned than deal with him again! You'd be less money out I'm sure. Anyways, sorry your card was cloned... Once I used Amex at an Indian restaurant...30 min later a charge for a ton of rupees, or like 300 bucks... How dumb can people be? Amex took care of the issue after a call.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Real issue is that most TD's DO NOT have secure payment gateways. Which means the CC information is sent as a standard form through their site. Most likely all your data simply gets sent to one of their e-mail addresses and they then manually process it. This means your cc digits + expiration + ccv is fully visible to anyone working at the TD, or anyone that is "listening" in on that form.

I have raised this concern numerous times and it should be a sticky.

Reactions: timewalker

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have used my Santander card on all my purchases except a couple of WU with Marvellous, and never had any problems. Funny enough, my one and only business trip to Brazil got my card cloned and someone tried to spend around 5k in random stuff. Santander blocked every single one of those transactions and got a text and a call instantly, so all sorted. Got a replacement card in 48h. They are really good, to the point that I can't barely spend in our TDs as the first transaction always gets blocked, prompting another text for me to confirm if I'm happy to go ahead or not (which is great because that way I can see exactly how much they will charge me in my currency before moving forward).

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I know how to fix it, just give me your CC# bank routing # your social security # your address and telephone number and I’ll have it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Totally joking ps don’t ban me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk