• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rose Gold Reps Suggestions!?

Philypow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/16
Hello!

i am and always have been a rose gold type of guy. And my wedding ring is rose gold. Problem is there are few watches that are Rose Gold to choose from.

Could anyone suggest either full RG or part RG reps that I could consider?

preferably of NWBIG level of correctness but would take minor errors as per most watches in this hobby.

I know about the AP15400 but don’t know much about Patek, PAMs or others so any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I'd look at a Patek Nautilus or any of the IWC Portugiesers -- the key with RG reps I've found is to ditch the bracelet (like on a Nautilus or 15400) and get a super nice leather strap. Not only will that make the plating last longer, it limits some of the worries, namely: not dinging the bracelet and having the base metal show through; makes the weight issue easier (real gold bracelets weigh a ton); and gives less surface area for prying eyes to detect differences in the plating.

Reactions: Nivka

PeterNZ

Horology Curious
15/3/18
As a general rule I would advise against gold plated reps especially if you intend to wear them. The plating does wear off.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Panerai 684 is a better suggestion than any of the above.

K13Mars

23/4/15
I have a Royal Oak Offshore Audemars Piguet in pink gold plated since a year and I am delighted. But I ask the question how gets older rose gold plated on our replicas. If anyone has an answer element ...

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Yachmaster. But i also wonder how long rg watches last until it wears out or starts to wear off

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Yes especially given their price

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Ya, some have told me to not wear it as a daily to preserve it from fading, but i find that kind of missing the point of having the watch in the first place. And im Ocd so if i knew every single time i wore it, its “killing” the watch in a sense, i’d go crazy lol

K13Mars

23/4/15
Ya, some have told me to not wear it as a daily to preserve it from fading, but i find that kind of missing the point of having the watch in the first place. And im Ocd so if i knew every single time i wore it, its “killing” the watch in a sense, i’d go crazy lol
Yes I wear it only for occasions otherwise it stays in its box
Which is a pity especially since it seems that the plating eventually fade away one day or the otherwise apparently

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Yes I wear it only for occasions otherwise it stays in its box
Which is a pity especially since it seems that the plating eventually fade away one day or the otherwise apparently

Has yours shown ay type of wear on the plating itself even tho you only wear it on occasions?

K13Mars

23/4/15
Has yours shown ay type of wear on the plating itself even tho you only wear it on occasions?
No signs of wear for the moment. I take great care of it. She is in her box and after wearing it I clean it with a soft cloth.