• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner noob v7 QC results advise

JJC89

Horology Curious
7/9/17
Hi,

i have purchased a submariner noob v7 116610 a2836 from Puretime and have just received the QC images. Overall I am really impressed with their service and the images but would just like some information/advise regarding the pressure testing results. Are the results good? What am I looking for? Any help would be much appreciated.

36_C6_DF0_E_31_A8_4253_9536_8_F96463_B3_AF3.jpg

thanks,
josh

JJC89

Horology Curious
7/9/17
muiramas Thank you, do you know what the leak rate is specifically? Is it better to have higher leak rate or lower and will it affect it anyway? Thanks

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
muiramas Thank you, do you know what the leak rate is specifically? Is it better to have higher leak rate or lower and will it affect it anyway? Thanks

Doesn't matter, you shouldn't go swimming/showering with it regardless

JJC89

Horology Curious
7/9/17
nipe Thank you, I am aware they do not reccomend showering or swimming with them. I just wanted to understand the results of the test better to get an understanding. I have another rep rolex which I have taken swimming numerous times and has been fine.

Rlxjoe

30/8/16
Haven’t seen a TD do this before. Anyone know if Intime are offering this service?

If its passed the pressure test surely it’s safe to swim?

JJC89

Horology Curious
7/9/17
Not sure if intime are, Puretime have been brilliant so far...

I would like to think the same re the pressure test but just want some clarification on the results as to what they mean exactly.

thanks
josh

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not sure what the leak test is as I don't know the marker. 100ft should be fine for the the pool but if you have access to a watchsmith have him grease the gaskets and re-test. Ideal would be 5 bar.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Kudos for actually asking a practical question. I am sure there are others new to the watch world that never really understand what they are looking at and or buying.
Enjoy your watch !

JJC89

Horology Curious
7/9/17
Thanks for the replies, I will take it to my local jewellers and ask if that’s something they can do. I would still like to know what the results mean, I have looked on several forums and cannot find anything...

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I buy minimum 30ft water resistance watches, (Yacht Masters, Subs, Day Dates) ... They have ALL been in the water, and I never had one problem .... Not ONE!