• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 things you gotta change on any rep...for reference

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
where to get the rep crystals? Please

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
2500$ WOW. I bought a gen Rolex for a little more than that:)

I'm sure you did, just not the GMT master II BLNR i was referencing. The $2500 is small potatoes to pull of a gen look on a $300 version of a 10k watch

Reactions: McDuck888

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Any 6 digit Ceramic Sport Model
1. Recolor Insert Engraving. From molotow pens to platinum plating, there are tons of possibilities. There are SVs that will do it for you, or you can DIY, but this is a must.
2. Black hole xtal - Prof, Sonil, Crystal Clear. All are upgrades.
3. Fix DW. For sa3135/sh3135 watches, just go gen. you can find great condition gen DWs for 100-150 all day long and its a significant improvement. For 2824/2836 based watches, find yourself a TC overlay, or at the very least, shift the dial as much as possible to get the date close to center, and recenter the DW Overlay.

BONUS - Get it rebrushed/polished by one of the SVs and service the movement

5 Digit Sub LN - Specifically the new JF 16610
1. New DW. Might as well go gen since aftermarket are ~ half the cost, but some arent even close to good while others are passable. Its hit and miss which you get.
2. Brush/Polish/Reshape. Case and bracelet can use some work to get it as close to gen as possible.
3. Service the SH3135. A properly serviced SH3135 is a great movement. The latest ones are much better than the original versions, but sometimes arent properly lubricated or cleaned from the factory.

On the newest JF LN, the insert is scary good, as is the dial and hands, so no need to replace or mod those.

ARF Daytona
1. Shave Pushers. Chrono Pushers are a tad long. can shave them down to make them appear more gen like
2. Silence the rotor. A drop of D5 goes a long way on the rotor and makes it go from a jet engine everytime you move, to a quiet prius.
3. Or just go with a noob caseback, remove deco plate and swap the rotor for a gen 7750, or even a rep 7750 standard rotor. This brings the overall height of the watch to gen spec. Dont forget to get a new screw for the new rotor as well.

BONUS - I like putting a double AR xtal on it. Not gen spec, but makes the dial pop.

TonyB

Looking Around
20/3/18
How do you get a spongebob's platinum plated bezel insert? I keep seeing it referenced everywhere....Im new here btw

TonyB

Looking Around
20/3/18
This post really helped me.
I was wondering what you guys would think?
If I am sooo willing to get profs blackhole and a spongebob insert. Seems necessary at this point but would it also make sense then to get BK's ICHS GMT BLNR as my base? or should I just get a Noob v7 blnr rep somewhere else to cut costs?
I guess what I am getting at is does it make sense to end up spending 1000-1300 on a ICHS BLNR rep at this point? I dont wanna overspend if my money is better spent another way.

any recommendations?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This post really helped me.
I was wondering what you guys would think?
If I am sooo willing to get profs blackhole and a spongebob insert. Seems necessary at this point but would it also make sense then to get BK's ICHS GMT BLNR as my base? or should I just get a Noob v7 blnr rep somewhere else to cut costs?
I guess what I am getting at is does it make sense to end up spending 1000-1300 on a ICHS BLNR rep at this point? I dont wanna overspend if my money is better spent another way.

any recommendations?

I’m a big BK fan. The BKs I have owned keep great time with the Swiss movements. However, if you are going to do the Mods you suggested I’d save the cash and buy a base Noob. You can use the money you saved for the mods. The Asian clone movements are getting better and better.

Reactions: Nivka

TonyB

Looking Around
20/3/18
I’m a big BK fan. The BKs I have owned keep great time with the Swiss movements. However, if you are going to do the Mods you suggested I’d save the cash and buy a base Noob. You can use the money you saved for the mods. The Asian clone movements are getting better and better.

I am seeing the LN and the GMT for about 420 at trusted sites. I am really tempted to pay BKs premium just off his great reputation for quality control, life extension tweaks and true to gen modifications.. Its not really that much more money. Its probably worth it.

My biggest concern about paying the premium, on top of paying extra for crystal and insert mods you get up there in price and then if the watch just breaks down in 12 months. I'll feel like an idiot who should have just bought a second hand gen.

All that said, knowing I want a GMT, do I want a LN or a BLNR....Theres a lot of different opinions about whether the BLNR insert simply is or isn't ready for prime time even with a spongeb.

Anyone have any thoughts on the LN vs BLNR question? Am I crazy to try to force the BLNR issue?

I feel like I have to buy a rep now just off all this research Ive done honestly im finding all this stuff to be really cool and interesting for enthusiasts.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
Cdenim I'm glad to see this thread gained more traction and constructive conversation compared to rwg.bz

Nivka its nice to have someone of your status and caliber say that. Here i didn't even think about it. As far as rwg is concerned (and i only posted it there bc i made alot of new friends there while we were down and they have been asking), that will be my last post for those guys. You would have thought i sent a tutorial on beating baby seals. And thats exactly what this was meant for... thanks 2fake4u, I love all you do brother. Far as the GMT... right now its the best value on Flea-bay or any wholesale or auction site for that matter. Few months back did one for someone, Noob base, gen bezel and insert, but didn't have the time for a new crystal. If you're intentions are modding.. I'd go wtih Tucker on this one TonyB . BK's are really nice to get wear and never worry. I wouldn't want to drop over $600 and start hacking it all apart.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
But make sure if your going to mod it... Talk 2fake4u into doing you up his custom SH 3186 with accurate GMT complicaton.. Its an absolute must if you wanna go for realism

Reactions: 2fake4u

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
Oh... and btw. Not sure if anyone seen this yet. I might just be really behind... Got a BP dssd for the dial and case (finishing up my frankin sea) The SA had an actuall rolex stamped serial # on it.. huh