Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Announcing PICR.me , RWI's own image hosting site!
See more
See less

18 months and Dead !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 months and Dead !

116655 RG YM tube and crown stripped out. Replacement parts can’t be sourced by TD so it looks like it’ll be binned.

Sent from the RWI App

Well, at least it lasted 18 months. Buy another on M2M and piece them together.
    Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

Comment

And have 2 dead watches next year Thinking a new start with a 116622 and having it heavily modded instead.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony75 View Post
        And have 2 dead watches next year Thinking a new start with a 116622 and having it heavily modded instead.

Any interest in selling that dead watch for cheap?
        Reps: IWC Portuguese Mystere Tourbillon, PAM441 Ceramica, Noob v5 Submariner, AP RO Tourbillion
        Gens: AP Rose Gold RO 15300OR, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Navitimer Twin Sixty 2, IWC Portuguese Rattrapante, 1940s Universal Geneve Tri-Compax, Jaeger LeCoultre Steel Reverso DuoFace, JLC Rose Gold Reverso DuoFace

Comment

116655 RG YM tube and crown stripped out. Replacement parts can’t be sourced by TD so it looks like it’ll be binned.

Sent from the RWI App
          LOL, you're going to throw it out because the tube stripped ?

Don't be a Millennial all your life - find a solution - tubes and crowns can be replaced, all you need is the tube diameter - any half competent modder (and maybe even one or two of the incompetent ones) can fix this for very little cost.
          Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

I’d like to have it repaired. Can’t find the parts been all over RWI looking. TD been no help at all. I have well known modded lined up to repair it. And have no idea how I’d find the diameter.

Comment

TD's don't know anymore about watches than you do. You need to send it to a modder/watchsmith who will remove the damaged tube, measure it, find and then fit a replacement - the crown may still be usable.

Comment

I’d like to have it repaired. Can’t find the parts been all over RWI looking. TD been no help at all. I have well known modded lined up to repair it. And have no idea how I’d find the diameter.

Comment

Tony Two Times - on account of how he said everything two times.

Fuhgedaboutit.

Comment

I think you only have to put the stem with crown out, screw the tube out - measure it, look on eBay etc., order and put it back together. Or buy a used watch on m2m and you have all the parts you need...A Modder also takes his money. The parts you didn't need can be selled again. This is what I would do.

Comment

You need a Rolex 7030 tube and Rolex 704 crown if both are stripped.
                      My wish list: gen components...
                      Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post
                        I think you only have to put the stem with crown out, screw the tube out - measure it, look on eBay etc., order and put it back together. Or buy a used watch on m2m and you have all the parts you need...A Modder also takes his money. The parts you didn't need can be selled again. This is what I would do.
                        So you're telling this guy to remove the case back, depress the stem release button, remove the crown and stem, release the movement from the case, remove the tube from the case, using a digital scale measure the tubes lower diameter and upper diameter threads and the thread pitch, find a tube that has the corresponding measurements on Ebay , order it, reinsert the tube, movement, crown and stem and case back, without damaging anything - or else make it all even more complicated and order the exact same watch from the exact same factory just to remove the tube from the watch and sell it on M2M as a watch that needs a new tube ?

Unless I'm mistaken, option 1 is not viable because OP didn't even know that a tube is a fairly simple thing to replace, therefore the likelihood of him completing all of the steps in option 1 are highly unlikely.

Option 2, well, he could just sell his watch on M2M as a watch that needs a new tube, and with the proceeds buy a new watch - much quicker than what you've suggested, and gives pretty much the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy875 View Post
                          You need a Rolex 7030 tube and Rolex 704 crown if both are stripped.
                          Well, there's your answer - if they are using a gen spec tube, that's easy to find and not expensive.

Comment

modders make mods, you dont need a modder, as this is not a modification

You need a watchsmith for a repair.

seems some rep watchsmiths like to call themselves modders

but the 2 are very different.
                            Click here for my sales section
                            ((read the stickies!!))

#### See my picture archive here ####

https://repsource.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post

Probably safer for the watch to be sold on M2M vs OP attempting any of this convoluted mess...also, you left out for OP to measure the correct pitch of the threads.

Even if the crown and tube were not gen spec, the case can modified to accept a gen spec tube and a gen crown used. Odds are it'll survive many years to come after this is fixed.
                              Anthony75 where are you located?
                              My wish list: gen components...
                              Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Working...
                              X