• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LocoLouie Scam --> Official Thread

dentpete

Horology Curious
6/3/18
On the exile forum there was a thread about locolouie and how plenty of people had not received their watches from him but I haven't been able to find an official thread anywhere here. A bit disappointing to see he's still listed under the probationary dealers list. I sent him money back in December and still haven't heard a word. A few emails unresponded to and I gave up trying to get a response from him. Are there mods looking into this or is it something that we're accepting was a scam and moving on?

dentpete

Horology Curious
6/3/18
I believe reepgeek has a thread

RWG has a thread in the RWI clubroom but it's been derailed as of late. Loco was a probationary dealer on these forums and how most people knew about his work so I would assume more RWI users were scammed.

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
the original one i seen was on RWG. The RWI lounge over there had it

Reactions: JERhoudin

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
thinwhiteduke was in communication with him and was able to help some of us out. i have had recent comms with Louie and he has provided pics and tracking for the last of a 3 watch order for me. there was another member who had started a google doc with everyone's missing order info, not sure who that was now.

knandez17

Horology Curious
1/11/17
I'm one of those still waiting on an order. Also today I figured I'd try and "order" a watch from his site. Turns out the automatic email confirming your order summary no longer comes from [email protected]. Now it's - [email protected]. Needless to say, I emailed him there as well but no response so far. I'm dating back to December 2nd with my order.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
The MO for him in the past was to lag on deliveries then bring on a new "partner" to handle the affairs in which the new guy disapears too. Maybe he has changed. Or not.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Glad I wasn't able to get my B&R orders in. Would have joined the list that's for sure. I hope this gets sorted out somehow, but even if it does it will take a long time before anyone would want to trust this guy.

I talked to him back in January on WeChat just to see whether he was still taking orders (I was not gonna anyway since the whole thing had started about him) and he told me that he shut down the ordering system until he sorts things out. Such a shame, he had some serious potential as a TD here, especially with his mods to stock watches.

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City
I ordered on November 7th and have had intermittent communication with him... most recently on WeChat about 10 days ago where he sent me a picture of a watch I didn’t order, and still no tracking info.

Reactions: johnlogan

gD44WJMS

Horology Curious
19/12/17
Paid in Dec, no watch or comms from him also since feb which was a generic message

GS535i

Horology Curious
22/3/17
He signed receipt of my prized AP 15400 blue, returned for an agreed repair to the 9015 mvt. on 20 Jan '18 ... no contact/response since!! His work was stunning, thin case mod, lubed seals & rotor, within secs/day precision.
My prior dealings w. Louie were top notch - now debating as to buying another (elsewhere), of waiting on this one

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
I ordered on November 7th and have had intermittent communication with him... most recently on WeChat about 10 days ago where he sent me a picture of a watch I didn’t order, and still no tracking info.

Same to me, my friend ...

Shylock Eins

3/2/16

Same to me, my friend ...

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16
Good luck everyone with your sales! He posted an update a few months ago (can't locate it) and it seems he's out. Seems a little odd how he still accepted your guys' orders....

Wishing you all the best!

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
Good luck everyone with your sales! He posted an update a few months ago (can't locate it) and it seems he's out. Seems a little odd how he still accepted your guys' orders....

Wishing you all the best!

This is still on his website:
--------------------------------------------------------------

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Hello, it's Louie.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I am writing to tell you the things I want you to know about.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I am sorry that I couldn't reach you for several days.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Time just flies and it's been 3~4 months already since I was registered as a seller here at RWI as if it were just a few days.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]It's been an honor and a great experience for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]The reason why I am writing this is that there is surely a problem in my way of doing business and also in my health.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]The first problem is that is my health. I was examined by a hostital because of the worsening physical condition and depression. [/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Today I got the result. I was diagnosed I have a problem with thyroid gland. [/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Due to this problem, I suffer from depression, lethargy, and the imbalance of my physical condition.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]What the doctor suggested was that I should stay away from any stressful conditions and recieve the intensive treatment needed for 1~2 months.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]So I decided to follow the doctor's direction.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]The second problem is the defect of the operation of the selling system.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I've felt a lot of problems with this system.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Many problems occur with the process time and QC etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Although I did the best to meet the needs of all the members of RWI and customers, I concluded that this will result in more problems if I continue with this system. I am surely aware that these kinds of problems are obvious. [/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I can't accept this sort of thing myself and this doesn't match our objective that we send only the best to our customers.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]And this problem is a minus to our customers who buy products from us, Archive.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]So I consider this as a stop sign that I shouldn't do this anymore.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I think I should stop this as this harms people around me like Radavve and Toro and so on.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I will build a better organized system with a partner who can help and collaborate with me.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Lastly, the third problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]The reason I quit selling in Korea is that there are unnecessary competitions and rumors about me.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Simply put, it's like politics.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Likewise, there is a Korean posting proofs that I ran away with profit without sending a watch.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]However, the proof is not his and producing negative rumors here at RWI.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I will post an article defending myself against that false claim.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I get a lot of questions regarding this.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]But I got tired of making excuses and start to get angry.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]He just hates me and I don't even want to talk about it anymore.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]He is doing this in Korean communities and here because I don't sell watches to him.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I think you are reading this, Brian.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Feel satisfied now?[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I promise I will send all the products by 5th January. And will surely deal with all the A/S products as well. [/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I am not leaving behind all things without all these thing left undone.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Wechat is always open and will answer all the questions as before. And hope to visit RWI as often as before to communicate. [/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]This place is a good place for me as well to recognize what the users want.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I will surely come back after 1~2 months and improve the system.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I still have many things to show and be a little help to your valuable hobby.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]I thank all members, staff and the boss and apologize for any inconvenience caused by my part.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Thank you.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]Louie.[/FONT]

[FONT=함초롬바탕]1st January 2018[/FONT]

dentpete

Horology Curious
6/3/18
Pretty sure thats all BS ^^; he claimed he was going to send things and never did. A lucky few members actually received some watches they ordered but overall it seems most of us are still waiting. At this point, I've accepted he's scammed us. It's a bit weird to me that the RWI mods never actually said anything about this entire thing.. threads/locolouie section got deleted and mums the word. Seems like thats our cue to just cut our losses, accept we got scammed, and move on.

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
Probably one of the biggest scammers of all RWI times...I placed an order for 3 watches in October, had very infrequent comm until December or so, then radio silence.....

Reactions: Shylock Eins