• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st double flying tourbillon replica ever made!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
in my humble opinion it will never drop that low in price..

I would think they will reduce the price soon. When you create a product and there are no buyers well it defeats the purpose really. The Chinese are doing this to make money at the end of the day. If we can get all single tourby's for $700 I dont see why this cant sell for $1500 or less.

In business school its always better to sell 100,000 x items at $500 profit each then to sell 1000 x items at $2000 profit each.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I would think they will reduce the price soon. When you create a product and there are no buyers well it defeats the purpose really. The Chinese are doing this to make money at the end of the day. If we can get all single tourby's for $700 I dont see why this cant sell for $1500 or less.

In business school its always better to sell 100,000 x items at $500 profit each then to sell 1000 x items at $2000 profit each.

Did it happen for the VS PAM213? No..
Did it happen for some other models where sales did not go as expected? I’d say no..

I know that TD dealers charge for these a huge premium but considering they give a guarantee in terms of quality, potential customs seizure,..I am not surprised. The “base” price from the factory is high and there is a reason why is so. This movement for sure is newly developed, it is not that it can be that easilly compared to a single flying tourbillon and that you can calculate single flying tourbillon movement watch priced 700$ and this should be double or a bit more (1500$). Wrong approach in thinking about price, complexity level,..

Maybe the price will drop when we will have more movement factories making this type of movement. Until there is only one factory maiing them, the price will be high.

Reactions: trailboss99

peterpl

24/7/11
Did it happen for the VS PAM213? No..
Did it happen for some other models where sales did not go as expected? I’d say no..
I know that TD dealers charge for these a huge premium but considering they give a guarantee in terms of quality, potential customs seizure,..I am not surprised. The “base” price from the factory is high and there is a reason why is so. This movement for sure is newly developed, it is not that it can be that easilly compared to a single flying tourbillon and that you can calculate single flying tourbillon movement watch priced 700$ and this should be double or a bit more (1500$). Wrong approach in thinking about price, complexity level,..
Maybe the price will drop when we will have more movement factories making this type of movement. Until there is only one factory maiing them, the price will be high.

Maybe so but I will guarantee you that the potential market at this price point the makers are limiting their sales big time. I know if I owned the factory that made this watch I would want my return on investment back quick smart and target as many potential buyers as I can. I for one wont be buying it at this price but if it was say $1500 I would buy it.

You need to consider that buying this watch you are willing to throw away the money basically as there is no watch smith that would service it and when/if the movement broke that's going to be an expensive fix to send back to China and get rectified. To fix one of my tourby's I got quoted basically the same price as a new watch so its not worth servicing these.

Either way I hope it drops in price as I would like one as well.

imajedi

15/8/13
Only a couple of watchmakers service a7750 mvt....whaaaat?
a7750 parts always brake...whaaaat?
this thing stops running after 3 months like every single other rep...whaaaat?

please don’t find yourself offended but you don’t know s%|£ about reps..

Hahahah really? I have probably ten crazy high end frankens all which I have built myself. Some of the best on these forums. I think I know a thing or two.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
am craving more info here, am obsessed with this piece, hope they lower price to 3500

Hyjynx

28/9/13
$5000+ and the PR indicator is fake. I’m still laughing. And why $3500 is ok just because someone threw up that figure (erroneously, I might add), is beyond me. There’s a sucker born every minute, I guess.

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15

Because you're not considering the costs that go into R&D to develop something new like this. If you saw my post from yesterday where I disassembled a Tourbillon rep, you'd see they're not nearly as complex as people make them out to be. It's certainly not a $1500 movement. But these things sell in much lower volume than other reps. I imagine it's even more so the case for this new double tourby. Even at 1500 I wouldn't buy one of these because I simply don't like the look of the watch/dial itself. I imagine that's probably going to be the case for a lot of people. If it was something that really grabbed my attention, I'd probably even consider the $5k price tag.

Reactions: JOP and Nikohublot

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Seems like the other case/dial (rose gold) version has been released as well..

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
omg!!!!!! is that price confirmed ???? still holding out hope

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Well they certainly made a very good watch there. The craftsmanship that has gone into this is nothing short of incredible. I for one will be keeping an eye on the development of the RD brand though the price if this model needs to come down a lot.

I’m hoping that with the development that has gone into the double tourbillon Hommage, that the makers can come up with an Excalibur Spider skeleton. I was lucky enough to try on a gen at a boutique, only 88 pieces made....

MWwqVgW.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
If someone can answer - what's the point of the arrows on the tourbillons? Certainly not to tell seconds in two different time zones?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Torby movements rotate 360° every minute. The arrows effectively are second counters to show that the thing is working as intended.

Reactions: fletch512

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Shame they put a fake PR on the back. Take the replica brand away, take the fake PR away, and you have a legit watch here. As is however, it's exactly what we are used to. A very flawed over priced replica.