Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Marvin's Happy 12th Birthday RWI Raffle. Win one of 4 Watches!. For more information READ HERE
See more
See less

1st double flying tourbillon replica ever made!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well 1,500 and I’m game. Just for the novelty of it

am craving more info here, am obsessed with this piece, hope they lower price to 3500

Originally posted by 2fake4u

you must not see some of the frankens sold here.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Diver Collection:
        • Rolex 6538 big crown tropical sub
        • Rolex 5510 3-6-9 explorer dial tropical sub
        • Rolex 6536 albino sub
        • Rolex 1665 double red sea dweller tropical mkII

GMT Collection:
        • Rolex 1655 explorer II frogfoot rail dial
        • Rolex 1675 gmt master gilt cornino small hand
        • Rolex 6542 gmt master pan am albino bakelite bezel

Chronograph Collection:
        • Rolex 6238 black pre-daytona
        • Rolex 6239 blue cosmograph prototype
        • Rolex 6263 albino daytona
        • Rolex 6565 ferrari red newman daytona
        • Rolex 2508 antimagnetic
        • Rolex 4113 split second - not possible!!

Other Watches:
        • Rolex 6541 milgauss honeycomb
        • Rolex 6305 datejust bubbleback double red creme waffle
        • Rolex blue 'smurf' sub - converted from a tc v7 extreme
        • Heuer monaco

• Jaeger LeCoultre reverso grand date
        • Patek Philippe 2499 black dial breguet numerals perpetual chronograph
        • Patek Philippe 2497 white dial perpetual
        • Patek Philippe 5050 retrograde white dial perpetual
        • Patek Philippe 1436 split second chronograph
        • Patek Philippe 2524 minute repeater

$5000+ and the PR indicator is fake. I’m still laughing. And why $3500 is ok just because someone threw up that figure (erroneously, I might add), is beyond me. There’s a sucker born every minute, I guess.
          MY COLLECTION:

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Originally posted by peterpl View Post

I would think they will reduce the price soon. When you create a product and there are no buyers well it defeats the purpose really. The Chinese are doing this to make money at the end of the day. If we can get all single tourby's for $700 I dont see why this cant sell for $1500 or less.

In business school its always better to sell 100,000 x items at $500 profit each then to sell 1000 x items at $2000 profit each.

Because you're not considering the costs that go into R&D to develop something new like this. If you saw my post from yesterday where I disassembled a Tourbillon rep, you'd see they're not nearly as complex as people make them out to be. It's certainly not a $1500 movement. But these things sell in much lower volume than other reps. I imagine it's even more so the case for this new double tourby. Even at 1500 I wouldn't buy one of these because I simply don't like the look of the watch/dial itself. I imagine that's probably going to be the case for a lot of people. If it was something that really grabbed my attention, I'd probably even consider the $5k price tag.
            Reps: IWC Portuguese Mystere Tourbillon, PAM441 Ceramica, Noob v5 Submariner, AP ROO Panda w/ SS bracelet
            Gens: Omega Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Navitimer Twin Sixty 2, IWC Portuguese Rattrapante, 1940s Universal Geneve Tri-Compax, Jaeger LeCoultre Steel Reverso DuoFace, JLC Rose Gold Reverso DuoFace

Does the $5k price tag include a real croc strap? In any case, I'm going to hold off for a triple tourbillon rep. It'll be 50% better.

What the..

Seems like the other case/dial (rose gold) version has been released as well..

omg!!!!!! is that price confirmed ???? still holding out hope

Well they certainly made a very good watch there. The craftsmanship that has gone into this is nothing short of incredible. I for one will be keeping an eye on the development of the RD brand though the price if this model needs to come down a lot.

I’m hoping that with the development that has gone into the double tourbillon Hommage, that the makers can come up with an Excalibur Spider skeleton. I was lucky enough to try on a gen at a boutique, only 88 pieces made....

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ryanwayer Can you get this for me?!

Originally posted by imajedi View Post

Hahahah really? I have probably ten crazy high end frankens all which I have built myself. Some of the best on these forums. I think I know a thing or two.
                          Want to sell?

If someone can answer - what's the point of the arrows on the tourbillons? Certainly not to tell seconds in two different time zones?

Torby movements rotate 360° every minute. The arrows effectively are second counters to show that the thing is working as intended.

Shame they put a fake PR on the back. Take the replica brand away, take the fake PR away, and you have a legit watch here. As is however, it's exactly what we are used to. A very flawed over priced replica.