• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st double flying tourbillon replica ever made!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I am so excited about this one. It has just been released today AFAIK however I dtill haven’t seen it being offered by our dealers.

Fully working double tourbillon movement..

what do you think guys? What models do you think will be repped after this RD, what would you like to see?

the price tag is high as you can imagine. I belive it will be offered around 3500$ by our TD’s..

After seeing this I am waiting for a minute repeater and some other high end watch movements from our chinese friends.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
This is quite a feat for Repdom. And is that a power reserve indicator I see on the back? I don’t agree it should cost at high as $3500, though. The average cost of a nice tourbillon rep is $700. This double tourbillon shouldn’t cost more than $1500, and that’s really pushing it. Personally, I don’t see myself going over $1000 for any rep.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The price IS high, that’s sure. Since it is a new movement I suppose the rep factory (or movement maker) wants to cover the costs of development of the movement ASAP. For sure this is not a replica for everybody taste, cost and for sure there are members that would not feel comfortable wearing it since it is a rep of a gen that costs 300k$.

I like the watch and especially like the movement. I find it incredible and even at the price of ~3500$ I am thinking about buying it. There is no genuine watch that cost that money that could be comparable to this double touribillon rep.

I think that on my next trip to China I will be foming back with thay beauty attached to the wrist.

peterpl

24/7/11
Double tourby is nice and I probably will buy one but not at $3500. I'd rather buy a nice gen Omega PO or Tudor at that price range. My rep price absolute ceiling is $1500 and that has to be something special otherwise I will always go gen.

Reactions: nalomb

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I can't seem to find this rep on the interwebs. Does anyone have a link to a trusted dealer or otherwise?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
dadog1301 Very cool find! Id be very interested when the price comes down but i suppose its understandable for the level of technology involved. Gen double tourbillons are upto 10x more expensive than a non tourbillon gen (if not more) so i guess its all just scale and cost of man hours. Not to mention the cost of buying a gen to disect!

2fake4u

20/9/16
price may be high, but look at some of the highly complicated chinese tourby movements. The seagull tourbies range from 1500-5k. These arent your normal movements that are $50 or less. These are pricey movements.

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
Ha ha, you're right 2fake4u !

Then again, I've always thought that modding and frankening is an artform in itself where you start with something cheap and then build from there. But in this case the starting point is +5K. That's where I fail to see who'd be interested.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
It's a double flying tourbillon, what do you expect. These high-end Chinese tourbys are quite nice, ofc there's not much of a resale value, but that's generally the case with tourbillons

imajedi

15/8/13
Can you imagine how crappy this thing is? They can't build a reliable 7750, how the hell is this thing gonna ever work. There are only a couple watchmakers that will service an Asian 7750 cause the parts always break and the quality is so horrible. The only saving grace is that you can toss the A7750 and drop in a Swiss one if it craps out and you really like the watch. What's the plan here when this thing stops running after 3 months like every single other rep? You might as well light $5,000 on fire. So stupid

2fake4u

20/9/16
Can you imagine how crappy this thing is? They can't build a reliable 7750, how the hell is this thing gonna ever work. There are only a couple watchmakers that will service an Asian 7750 cause the parts always break and the quality is so horrible. The only saving grace is that you can toss the A7750 and drop in a Swiss one if it craps out and you really like the watch. What's the plan here when this thing stops running after 3 months like every single other rep? You might as well light $5,000 on fire. So stupid

theres a difference between making a billion $20 movements for as cheap as possible and making a limited amount of high dollar movements.

There are plenty of chinese tourbillions out there that have proven reliability, and a couple double tourbys.

Reactions: theREALgoat

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
for 5k i dont want fake gears on the back... bet the PR on the back is faux aswell. Think they used a Peacock Tourbillon movement or something