• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PayPal now charging for gift payments

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
I just bought a watch m2m sending US dollars to Australia from U.K.
The payment was sent as gift (also tried friends and family payment) and they now charge 1% for the privilege. Money was sent from PayPal balance.

This used to be free, I’ve used it regularly over the last few years.

I just thought I’d make people aware as it’s a standard means of payment on m2m. I know it’s not a lot of money but still. PayPal conversion rate is crap anyway but obviously they don’t feel they are making enough money on that alone. Assholes!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: watchboi

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
international payments sometimes have fees associated. been like that for a while now.

i sent a few gift payments yesterday w/o any fees.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
I have had it before, but only when processing the transaction from my associated bank card, not from PP balance. They continue to find new ways to fleece the users

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
I’ve never had a fee international from PayPal balance as a gift. The fee for using bank card was an option but that was about 3.5% so may as well just pay as a purchase.

Yeah they will always find a way to fleece. Maybe it’s time to play the bitcoin lottery!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI