• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is the Noobmariner V7 dissapointing?

elchakas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/09
I have had my fair share of GEN watches.

I am set on buying a Noob Sub V7 the 316L a2836.

My question to current owners, Am I going to be disappointed?

I don't really care about details like for example the F is longer or shorter, or if the crown guards are not per gen or if the SEL is not perfect.

All I care about really is that the watch is functional, works like it's supposed to. I also care a lot about how watches FEEL in your wrist. Do they have a nice balance? are they intrusive? do they look beautiful? do I spend some time looking at the dial.

The least I care about is what other people think. I care more about the owner of the watch thinks.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EXPAND.

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
First -- if you buy a Noob V7 and don't like it, you can sell it on M2M as a "catch and release" and lose very little money. So I would say you have nothing to lose, really. An a2836 movement will resell quickly. Second, check out BK under trusted dealers. He makes certain micro adjustments to the V7 watch and uses a Swiss movement. Add a couple things like a Prof's blackhole crystal and a platinum mod on the bezel and I dare anyone but the biggest nerd (I mean that in the best way!) to tell the difference, even if they snatch it off your wrist and handle it. Third, and on a related point, I doubt you'll feel the difference in the rep when you're holding it or wearing it on your wrist. And yes, with a few tweaks (above), to my eyes, it looks really nice. They're looking and feeling scary-good these days. Just my 2cents.

Last edited:

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
I'd say the only problem is the insert. The silver-platinum color starts out great but will turn dark over time.

Reactions: PeterNZ

elchakas

20/2/09
First -- if you buy a Noob V7 and don't like it, you can sell it on M2M as a "catch and release" and lose very little money. So I would say you have nothing to lose, really. An a2836 movement will resell quickly. Second, check out BK under trusted dealers. He makes certain micro adjustments to the V7 watch and uses a Swiss movement. Add a couple things like a Prof's blackhole crystal and a platinum mod on the bezel and I dare anyone but the biggest nerd (I mean that in the best way!) to tell the difference, even if they snatch it off your wrist and handle it. Third, and on a related point, I doubt you'll feel the difference in the rep when you're holding it or wearing it on your wrist. And yes, with a few tweaks (above), to my eyes, it looks really nice. They're looking and feeling scary-good these days. Just my 2cents.

Thanks for the advise, I haven't though about selling it if I don't like it.

Honestly I am not very picky about how authentic the watch looks to other people. I am very picky about what I think.
99.98 % of people around me couldn't care less about what watch I wear. Only people who visit this kinds of forums is able to tell under 10x magnification if the watch is real or not.
Most fake watches look real under the cuff of your shirt and from a >1 feet distance.
I have been collecting watches for 15 years and the only watch that people have asked me about is the Orient Mako pepsi with a blue and red NATO. That watch was $95 new (gen of course). That mako is the one that gets all the compliments because it looks different with the blue & red NATO.

My question again is. Will I be disappointed? is the bracelet going to pull the hair in my arms. Is the cyclops that foggy? ETC.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I'd say the only problem is the insert. The silver-platinum color starts out great but will turn dark over time.

The bezel is the biggest tell from a distance. You will have to sharpie or spongbob it to fix it.

As as for the feel on your wrist, having had several gen Rolex, it feels the same.

I really enjoy mine mine and would recommend it.

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
The weight and balance feels good to me. I don't have the refined sense for these things that some other members have, but it's not like it feels like it's out of a bubblegum machine. I'd have to look into it, but I think the weight is almost identical if not identical. Some people say the bracelet isn't as good as some bracelets out there, but it seemed good to me and if you don't like it you can replace it. I don't know about rough edges, maybe someone else can weigh in. The cyclops is the weakest point, in my estimation, only because it doesn't have the blackhole effect. But this can be remedied: 1) with a Prof's blackhole crystal or @) buy the no-date sub. I don't know if a no-date is an option for you, but a lot of people rave about how nice and clean the Noob 7 no-date looks in person.

Will you be disappointed? Everyone is different. Some people on here are bummed by small flaws I would never notice. Other people in this world rock fake Rolexes with "diamonds" that look like bedazzled plastic glitter and are happy as a clam. If I had to guess 9 out of 10 people won't be disappointed, unless they believe they can somehow get an 8k watch for 400 bucks.

Reactions: Louge

elchakas

20/2/09
The bezel is the biggest tell from a distance. You will have to sharpie or spongbob it to fix it.

As as for the feel on your wrist, having had several gen Rolex, it feels the same.

I really enjoy mine mine and would recommend it.

Thanks for your input.

elchakas

20/2/09
The weight and balance feels good to me. I don't have the refined sense for these things that some other members have, but it's not like it feels like it's out of a bubblegum machine. I'd have to look into it, but I think the weight is almost identical if not identical. Some people say the bracelet isn't as good as some bracelets out there, but it seemed good to me and if you don't like it you can replace it. I don't know about rough edges, maybe someone else can weigh in. The cyclops is the weakest point, in my estimation, only because it doesn't have the blackhole effect. But this can be remedied: 1) with a Prof's blackhole crystal or @) buy the no-date sub. I don't know if a no-date is an option for you, but a lot of people rave about how nice and clean the Noob 7 no-date looks in person.

Will you be disappointed? Everyone is different. Some people on here are bummed by small flaws I would never notice. Other people in this world rock fake Rolexes with "diamonds" that look like bedazzled plastic glitter and are happy as a clam. If I had to guess 9 out of 10 people won't be disappointed, unless they believe they can somehow get an 8k watch for 400 bucks.

Thanks for your honest reapresp.

What do you think of the V7 hulk??
​​​​​​

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I have never seen a rep hulk in person. The Noob V7 has had positive feedback. I think people have said Noob does a good job with the dial but of course it suffers the same flaws as the regular subs with the dark fill on the insert and the cyclops not having the black hole effect. But again, these can be remedied if someone cares. There's a thread here on or another forum where there are a lot of side-by-side shots with a gen hulk and, at least in pics, the dial looks great!

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
My question again is. Will I be disappointed? is the bracelet going to pull the hair in my arms. Is the cyclops that foggy? ETC.

No, you will not... I've handled/owned some gen Rolex and I can tell you that the differences are visible only to trained eyes (as many membres here have) and the feeling is about the same (look and weight)
Oh, wait... my 114060 is a little too sharp in the case edges... that's all...

Last edited:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
You’ll be very impressed by the overall quality compared to gen

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
I have never seen a rep hulk in person. The Noob V7 has had positive feedback. I think people have said Noob does a good job with the dial but of course it suffers the same flaws as the regular subs with the dark fill on the insert and the cyclops not having the black hole effect. But again, these can be remedied if someone cares. There's a thread here on or another forum where there are a lot of side-by-side shots with a gen hulk and, at least in pics, the dial looks great!

The Hulk is awesome if you can find the correct colored insert. I ordered mine from Loco Louie and its extremely close.

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
Thanks for the Loco Louie suggestion. I hear it takes a long time to get stuff from him, though.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Thanks for the Loco Louie suggestion. I hear it takes a long time to get stuff from him, though.
Jeepers .. extreme caution. Do not under any circumstances order anything from him. People are still waiting on orderes from last year October onwards and it seems he's not responding to anyone anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The Hulk is awesome if you can find the correct colored insert. I ordered mine from Loco Louie and its extremely close.

If you had the real one in your hand at the same time you wouldn't say that.
Its easy to take a photograph and have it look similar, but in real life the gen has an almost metallic, rich emerald colour which cannot be photographed well.
I was happy with mine until I saw the real thing.

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18

Ya, at this stage I wouldn’t order anything directly from him. I got mine in Feb. I have the Noob V7 apple green insert and also the Loco Louie one. Let me know if you’d like a pic of all 3 compared (noob apple green, loco louie, and gen). You can also see how the spongebob mod looks as well.

-SS