• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

7750 seconds hand stopping at the same position - please help!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Got the 7750 watch which seconds hand keeps stopping at the same position every minute. I'm looking at it and it seems it doesn't get stuck on something, it just stops in that position but I don't think it's a big issue so before I sent it somewhere, can someone more knowledgeable tell me what can be a problem?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Johnny Depp merlix chris3007

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
is it the running seconds (9o'clock) subdial or the chronograph? Perhaps post a video clip?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
It's the Big Bang so chrono with 3-6-9 subdials. Every minute seconds hand at 9 stops at the same position. It gets stuck, I hit it on my palm, it starts again and again gets stuck at the same position.

imajedi

15/8/13
Time to get it serviced. It's a common problem typically referred to as "Asian Gunk"

Robert11

15/11/15
If it’s getting stuck at the same position it must be getting hung up on the crystal. If you remove the movement and it works fine that will confirm. Then the second hand may need to be slightly bent to fix.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
But if it's a subdial this physically couldn't happen as the minutes hand passes between the two. It could be dragging on the dial.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
had this issue before, its usually the problem with minute and seconds hand being bent or too close together

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
As teddy875 said, it physically isn't possible and it's not happening only when hour or minute hand comes in position of sec@9 subdial, it's happening every minute.

I just got the watch from a TD, if it needs a service I'll rather send it back for replacement.

merlix

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/09
Italy
Maybe the second hand that touch the dial as tell teddy875 , need to remove the moviment and remove the hand and refix a bit hight.
If is not that could be the second wheel defective or with dirty, but need to open all the movement to see.
I think the first option.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Thanks buddy, I'll open it up and see what's inside. If not, Johnny Depp also said it might be second wheel. Thanks for help!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It's definitely the hand getting stuck with either a marker or the subdial. The fact that it's always in the same second over every revolution instead of randomly it's a hint, but the fact that hitting it with the palm releases it it's the final proof.

Might not be bent, maybe the hand wasn't properly set in the pinion. Perhaps is not 100% parallel with the dial. Try to take the movement out and look at how's the hand sitting. If you don't have a loupe, take a photo from the right angle and try to zoom it.

And if you don't have a hand setting tool, you can improvise one by using the refill charge of a pen, just cut it and you will have a stitch with a hollow point in one side (that's a terrible explanation, I hope it makes sense, haha).