• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 904L. Need proof!!!!!

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
So sitting here, patiently waiting for CNY to wrap up, with alot of anticipation for the next wave of noob 904's to be released. Got word the new DSSD V7with 904l aka the V8 will be one of the first new ones to be released. Great because the Frankin-sea needs a 904 case to match the flawless AR bracelet.. Lets just say, by extremely trustworthy sources, I have been told something and we're going to need some help to see if its true. .Basically without saying it or starting un-based rumors I am holding off on this new deepsea, as i should with any other v8's for a while. Lets just assume with AR taking away almost all there market, N factory rushed a few things before CNY to try and get back some momentum going forward. Now we know, 100%, tested with results posted the AR new stated 904l watches are all 904l stainless steal. from clasp to bezel. Is there anyone on here, maybe the same individual who tested the arf watch, that can test one of these new noob watches. I mean all of it, bracelet, clasp, case ect... For me its perfect bc i only need the case, but for alot of us, shelling out close to $600 on one of these "904l" v8's, should get what they paid for. And i will state this again, There is a substantial difference in 904l vs 316... color, the grain looks and behaves almost like gen, is harder and weighs more, will hold its polish alot longer and so far is pretty scratch resistant. Just about what a gen behaves like. Whats funny too (complete sidenote) all these critics on here ripping apart the new ARF DSSD, lol, never bothered to compare the bracelets and glidelocks between the noob and arf.. The gen glidelock has a pronounced arc to it. almost semi circle.. yes.. that present on the 98210. I just got in a new V7 bracelet I had ordered for the frankin-sea a few weeks back and had them sitting side by side. Its very much more flat on the noob v7 glidelock. Which is very much more wrong. What the AR guys didn't get right on some of the key features on the watch, they really made up for on an almost perfect copy of the bracelet, including the bigger curv on the clasp just like the Gen has. Anyway.... sorry. Had to put that out there... Now can anyone help with this.. Can someone get a noob v8 to a metallurgist or lab to test its steal composition???? I wasn't going to post this yet, but after i just talked to a friend over on rwg about his new v8, its pretty clear to me alot of that watch isn't what its claim to be. Let me know....

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
if someone wants to donate one to me, ill do it

or just send it in to one of the many labs across the country. runs 100-150 a test and make sure you take it completely apart.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
if someone wants to donate one to me, ill do it

or just send it in to one of the many labs across the country. runs 100-150 a test and make sure you take it completely apart.

I'll split it with you. All we need now is a doner.... Anyone.. hello

bluntobject

Horology Curious
29/8/15
Like someone mentioned above, this should be a fairly simple test. I work with SS pretty often and get corrosion tests done on 316L frequently. What I don't know is how destructive the test is...

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Like someone mentioned above, this should be a fairly simple test. I work with SS pretty often and get corrosion tests done on 316L frequently. What I don't know is how destructive the test is...

there are destructive and non destructive.

Ive done several of the non destructive tests on the ARF Daytona and SD43.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
Again, I'm not one to create a bunch of drama or say a factory or dealer is not being 100% truthful.... But when I got the news, and it wasn't from some random person working for some odd ball non TD trying to get me to buy what they had in stock, I talked to one of the few who got there "v8's" before cny. Not saying any of this to him, first few comments were how rough the bracelet felt to the case..Hmmmm. How the 2 arfs he has have a much smoother bracelet and doesn't see any difference from his v7's.... Hmmmmmmmmm, of course i said to my source i'd keep things quiet,,but.......... not when so many have and are going to start dropping almost $600 for one of these only to come and find out just the cases are 904. Just the cases, NOT the bezel, crown, bracelet or clasp. I had no problem buying the arf deepsea and the sd4k, thanks to 2fake4u and some of the other members doing the leg work to test the steal, with a unanimous conclusion it was all 904. And first thing i noticed unboxing them, it felt like 904 feels on gen rolex's. Not....." the bracelet feels very rough" crap...Not gunna lie, kinda piss's me off. Everyones waited years for an updated N factory watch.. and to think they rushed something to make some quick cash banking on that. And cutting alot of 904 corners to do it.

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
Still..... probably gunna buy the dssd when it comes out anyway..basterds...LOL, need the case

llvicente

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/10/13
Damn, ur a good saleman mate Cdenim! Thanks for the info. I ordered an ARF DSSD just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdenim

INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
And i promise you guys love them...don't you.

Grand_Nagus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/20
I currently work for a company with a machine shop in business development and used to own a machine shop right before I sold it before. The fact that anyone thinks that there is a crazy amount of tooling to go from machining the old metal to 904 is laughable. We machine far softer and far harder materials on the same machines and all we change are the inserts and for the most part, just the amount of runs so to speak, smaller cuts in other words. The difference between the two metals is negligible in terms of manufacturing. I asked our operations fellow if we could machine one of our parts in 904, I simply took a drawing to him that was 1515LC. We make that exact same part out of BeCu and Inconel. Did it just to see what he would say and it was a very quick "no problem," and we are not in the kind of industry that we can make off-the-cuff remarks without being sure. So if he was sure on the spot, and was talking to the guy who would take this information to speak with a client, then its as good as fact for me. Take what you want from my story but as far as I'm concerned this whole idea of having to go way out of your way in terms of tooling to accommodate 904 is not true. Sure, a little modification is expected, but no factory overhaul that's for sure. And in terms of price being prohibitive, still don't buy it. The price difference relative to changing materials sounds about right. It's not as though if they legitimately changed materials the price would go through the roof. Nope. BeCu is certainly not considered a cheap metal, all things considered, and in terms of mass, the switch wouldn't really add a ton to the cost. You're not really using all that much metal, to be frank. We sell BeCu parts that are definitely bigger, and the material is significantly more expensive than the readily available 904, and I see what the final parts look like and I can tell you what a $300 retail part with 30% markup looks like and its a lot more metal than these tiny watches. A lot more. It's 100% feasible for the material to have changed and with that change the markup difference they charge is fathomable. It all adds up in that sense. Am I contending they are not ripping people off for the extra dollar? No. But does it make sense that making rep watches out of 904 is unfeasible due to tooling and material costs? Absolutely not. I encourage you to draw your own conclusions from that.

Reactions: gilrob