• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
I am sorry, I have already explained to Herc that GLS wants to pay € 60 for shipping, and € 10 per kg. I have not accepted, and I'm moving forward. I want to make him recover as much as possible. but wait. they are not "3 days" .... if they recognize the GLS fartures, ok. otherwise you will be reimbursed of 60 € shipping + 10 € per kg. as I have always said it is not my mistake. GLS has made the package disappear. and I repeat to say that parcels with Italian couriers can not guarantee valuables. ask some other Italian to confirm. because even if the package was insured, Herc would not have obtained anything, because the invoices are presented before shipping .... and we must declare what is inside the package. I'm sorry but it's not my fault

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

No you didn't - as far as I was aware you asked me for receipts to provide GLS due to a customs issue. Then you admitted in post #52 (see below) that it was to attempt an insurance claim...
Then you stated later in the thread you are going to contact them regarding the insurance claim and will provide emails to show me that you are going down the insurance claim route. Never have you told me they offered you 60eur shipping and 10eur per/kg!!! I asked for insured postage if you knew that GLS didn't provide that service why did you use them??

I have already said and presented invoices. they told me they did not pay ... because the value was not declared at the beginning

and try not to say more bullshit on my account ... if you do not know anything

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
No you didn't - as far as I was aware you asked me for receipts to provide GLS due to a customs issue. Then you admitted in post #52 (see below) that it was to attempt an insurance claim...
Then you stated later in the thread you are going to contact them regarding the insurance claim and will provide emails to show me that you are going down the insurance claim route. Never have you told me they offered you 60eur shipping and 10eur per/kg!!! I asked for insured postage if you knew that GLS didn't provide that service why did you use them??

read all the discussions well, I said. why gls? because all the couriers in Italy do not make sure of valuables. DHL in my country is not there. Herc I know you're angry .... I'm trying to get you the most money from GLS. as I said I quarreled with the holder of the GLS point, because he gave me false news. now I'm seeing myself directly with GLS ... presenting your bills, hoping that at least pay € 500, even if it is not insured. but £ 2700 you sent me 100% unsecured health insurance. so we have to hope for the € 500 ... as I have always told you.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
read all the discussions well, I said. why gls? because all the couriers in Italy do not make sure of valuables. DHL in my country is not there. Herc I know you're angry .... I'm trying to get you the most money from GLS. as I said I quarreled with the holder of the GLS point, because he gave me false news. now I'm seeing myself directly with GLS ... presenting your bills, hoping that at least pay € 500, even if it is not insured. but £ 2700 you sent me 100% unsecured health insurance. so we have to hope for the € 500 ... as I have always told you.

Again.... how he shipped the package to you without insurance is irrelevant...

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
Oh good.Â*
Can you explain what is going on? ;)

Â*

it would be too long to explain..

By the way, I do happen to speak extremely fluent Italian and English. As I love this community, I'd like to help you guys out by translating herc's messages in Italian and depp's in english.
( I willl translate the messages sent from now on)
Of course I can do it for free. This can delete the language barrier between the two guys.
Antonio AlgerinoHercI am not 24/7 on the forum but I am sure I can be helpful in order to sort the problem as I'm quite active here.
Let me know if it is fine for you guys. You two would only have to tag me on the post you just sent and I will reply by quoting the post and by rewriting it in English/italian.

P.s. I can translate trailboss/ any admin's messages if you want to too

Reactions: freediver and Herc

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
Crikey. We may be getting somewhere.Â*

you didn't expect that, did you?
Antonio AlgerinoNow I will just rewrite #449 in Italian so in case you read it you can fully understand what I've written

Parlo italiano e inglese, vorrei aiutarvi traducendo i tuoi messaggi ( che scriverai in italiano ) in inglese e quelli di herc in italiano. Posso farlo gratis e questo eliminerebbe i problemi riguardanti la mancata efficacia di google traduttore. Non sto sul forum 24/7 sono abbastanza attivo per potervi aiutare. Se vi va bene, fatemelo sapere. Dovrete solo taggarmi nel post appena scritto e risponderò quotando il vostro post e scrivendo la traduzione.
Posso anche tradurre i messaggi degli Admin qualora loro volessero.

Reactions: Johnny Depp

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
it would be too long to explain..

By the way, I do happen to speak extremely fluent Italian and English. As I love this community, I'd like to help you guys out by translating herc's messages in Italian and depp's in english.
( I willl translate the messages sent from now on)
Of course I can do it for free. This can delete the language barrier between the two guys. 
Antonio Algerino Herc I am not 24/7 on the forum but I am sure I can be helpful in order to sort the problem as I'm quite active here.
Let me know if it is fine for you guys. You two would only have to tag me on the post you just sent and I will reply by quoting the post and by rewriting it in English/italian.

P.s.  I can translate trailboss/ any admin's messages if you want to too

A great offer.... I hope you guys get somewhere with emails translated.

In my opinion Johnny Depp is in the wrong for not sending back with insurance. I feel sorry for herc

It’s a bitch if it has been lost (I reckon stolen depending on what was written on the box) by the courier but even though Johnny didn’t lose it himself he needs to take a bit of responsibility for not sending insured.
At very least imo come back with an offer to herc for part/most of the value back in cash or parts to the value and perhaps some future modding work for free..... to try and wipe your hands of this isn’t on

If Johnny does the right thing his reputation is cleared and herc has some compensation and Johnny won’t be sending without insurance again

The whole “you can’t insure a rep” is bullshit in this case as a frankens value is the gen watch parts

Anyway that’s my thoughts, I really hope you guys get a resolution

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Herc

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
A great offer.... I hope you guys get somewhere with emails translated.

In my opinion Johnny Depp is in the wrong for not sending back with insurance. I feel sorry for herc

It’s a bitch if it has been lost (I reckon stolen depending on what was written on the box) by the courier but even though Johnny didn’t lose it himself he needs to take a bit of responsibility for not sending insured.
At very least imo come back with an offer to herc for part/most of the value back in cash or parts to the value and perhaps some future modding work for free..... to try and wipe your hands of this isn’t on

If Johnny does the right thing his reputation is cleared and herc has some compensation and Johnny won’t be sending without insurance again

The whole “you can’t insure a rep” is bullshit in this case as a frankens value is the gen watch parts

Anyway that’s my thoughts, I really hope you guys get a resolution

Sent from the RWI App

I think that’s most peoples thoughts buddy but Johnny has stated he’ is not going to put his hand in his pocket as apparently it’s GLS fault not his!

What GLS offers will be all I’m getting. I very much doubt they will pay out for the receipt price I sent him! If they do and that’s a big if... I’ll be taking what I paid for my Rolex and the rest will be contributed to RWI.

But it I can see me being out of pocket by a lot, johnny not affected financially and some lil prick from gls getting s new Franken rolex!

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
I think that’s most peoples thoughts buddy but Johnny has stated he’ is not going to put his hand in his pocket as apparently it’s GLS fault not his!

What GLS offers will be all I’m getting. I very much doubt they will pay out for the receipt price I sent him! If they do and that’s a big if... I’ll be taking what I paid for my Rolex and the rest will be contributed to RWI.

But it I can see me being out of pocket by a lot, johnny not affected financially and some lil prick from gls getting s new Franken rolex!

Sorry mate I must have missed him saying he’s not paying anything out his own pocket, theres a lot of thread to read and I started skipping bits. I hope insurance pay out as that’s the only win win situation. Honestly I don’t rate the chances of getting full payout though :(
A good rep watch modder can make an absolute killing from these forums so what he’s doing is a ridiculous financial move as he’s gonna lose so much work. Once the trust is gone that’s it.
Direct message the guy that’s offered to translate and ask him to mediate for you. You might get a breakthrough. Good luck

Sent from the RWI App

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
you didn't expect that, did you?
Antonio AlgerinoÂ*Now I will just rewrite #449 in Italian so in case you read it you can fully understand what I've written

Parlo italiano e inglese, vorrei aiutarvi traducendo i tuoi messaggi ( che scriverai in italiano ) in inglese e quelli di herc in italiano. Posso farlo gratis e questo eliminerebbe i problemi riguardanti la mancata efficacia di google traduttore. Non sto sul forum 24/7 sono abbastanza attivo per potervi aiutare. Se vi va bene, fatemelo sapere. Dovrete solo taggarmi nel post appena scritto e risponderò quotando il vostro post e scrivendo la traduzione.
Posso anche tradurre i messaggi degli Admin qualora loro volessero.

LorenzoM Ciao
grande! Grazie mille per il supporto.
Comununque puoi comunicare ad Herc che a me dispiace tanto, so che ci teneva a quel franken, purtroppo, come ho sempre cercato di spiegare, sono state dette dal GLS point nella mia città determinate cose...ad oggi cerco spiegazioni
ma senza alcun risultato. Forse non pagheranno neanche le 500€ di base. Quindi come ho già accennato a trailboss
che gli darò 500€ di tasca mia, poi vedrò io con GLS di recupere queste 500€, se non le recupero, pazienza!
perche purtroppo non ho voce in capitolo con GLS
perchè il mittente e GLS point ( cioè L’Angolo della posta)
quelle email che ho pubblicato, con le immagini del pacco sul carrello, me le ha mandate il GLS point. Io purtroppo, sono il cliente del point, e non mi danno risposte
ad oggi mi dice che non ha ricevuto alcuna risposta da GLS
e dubito che rimborseranno 2700£. Ma almeno speravo sulle 500€di una spedizione base, ma neanche quella a quanto ho capito. Perché purtroppo non essendo assicurato, ma anche averlo fatto non sarebbe stato credibile. Perché bisogna presentare prima il contenuto, poi il valore, in fine la fattura.
quindi non posso rimborsare io di tasca mia quella cifra di 2000£ per il franken. Ma almeno come ho sempre detto e ribadito, che le 500€ siccome GLS non le riconosce, anticipo io per Herc, poi vedrò io con GLS per il rimborso delle 500€.
piu di questo non posso andare incontro. .Credo sia la scelta migliore. Aspetto una sua risposta
grazie ancora per il favore!

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
LorenzoM Ciao
grande! Grazie mille per il supporto.
Comununque puoi comunicare ad Herc che a me dispiace tanto, so che ci teneva a quel franken, purtroppo, come ho sempre cercato di spiegare, sono state dette dal GLS point nella mia città determinate cose...ad oggi cerco spiegazioni
ma senza alcun risultato. Forse non pagheranno neanche le 500€ di base. Quindi come ho già accennato a trailboss
che gli darò 500€ di tasca mia, poi vedrò io con GLS di recupere queste 500€, se non le recupero, pazienza!
perche purtroppo non ho voce in capitolo con GLS
perchè il mittente e GLS point ( cioè L’Angolo della posta)
quelle email che ho pubblicato, con le immagini del pacco sul carrello, me le ha mandate il GLS point. Io purtroppo, sono il cliente del point, e non mi danno risposte
ad oggi mi dice che non ha ricevuto alcuna risposta da GLS
e dubito che rimborseranno 2700£. Ma almeno speravo sulle 500€di una spedizione base, ma neanche quella a quanto ho capito. Perché purtroppo non essendo assicurato, ma anche averlo fatto non sarebbe stato credibile. Perché bisogna presentare prima il contenuto, poi il valore, in fine la fattura.
quindi non posso rimborsare io di tasca mia quella cifra di 2000£ per il franken. Ma almeno come ho sempre detto e ribadito, che le 500€ siccome GLS non le riconosce, anticipo io per Herc, poi vedrò io con GLS per il rimborso delle 500€.
piu di questo non posso andare incontro. .Credo sia la scelta migliore. Aspetto una sua risposta
grazie ancora per il favore!
translating #455, I will try my best as the second part of the post isn't 100% clear.
thanks ( LorenzoM)
you can tell herc that I'm very sorry, I knew he liked that franken a lot, sadly, as I tried to explain, some things were told by the gls point in my city and still today I'm searching for an explanation any result.
They may not even pay the 500. But as I already told trail boss, I will refund 500 from my own money, then I'll deal with gls in order to get back these 500. If i can't get these back, I'm sorry but I tried. Unfortunately I have no say in GLS as the sender is GLS point ( which is "l' angolo della posta ").
the emails I posted ( with the picture of the item on the conveyor belt) , were sent to me from the GLS point. I'm a client of the GLs point and they didnt give me answers yet. They still say they have had no answer from gls and I doubt they will refund 2700£. I was at least hoping for the 500 of the basic delivery, but not even that as far as I understood( as it wasn't insured) .Even if it was insured it wouldn't have been believable, as you have to present the item, then the value, then an invoice
So i can't refund the 2000£ for the franken. But as I always said, the 500 that gls doesn't recognize , will be refunded by me. Then I'll talk to gls for the refund of the 500.
I can't do more than this, I think it's the best solution. I will wait for you reply
thanks again ( referring to me, lorenzoM)

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
translating #455, I will try my best as the second part of the post isn't 100% clear.
thanks ( LorenzoM)
you can tell herc that I'm very sorry, I knew he liked that franken a lot, sadly, as I tried to explain, some things were told by the gls point in my city and still today I'm searching for an explanation any result.
They may not even pay the 500. But as I already told trail boss, I will refund 500 from my own money, then I'll deal with gls in order to get back these 500. If i can't get these back, I'm sorry but I tried. Unfortunately I have no say in GLS as the sender is GLS point ( which is "l' angolo della posta ").
the emails I posted ( with the picture of the item on the conveyor belt) , were sent to me from the GLS point. I'm a client of the GLs point and they didnt give me answers yet. They still say they have had no answer from gls and I doubt they will refund 2700£. I was at least hoping for the 500 of the basic delivery, but not even that as far as I understood( as it wasn't insured) .Even if it was insured it wouldn't have been believable, as you have to present the item, then the value, then an invoice
So i can't refund the 2000£ for the franken. But as I always said, the 500 that gls doesn't recognize , will be refunded by me. Then I'll talk to gls for the refund of the 500.
I can't do more than this, I think it's the best solution. I will wait for you reply
thanks again ( referring to me, lorenzoM)

I appreciate he is willing to put 500eur of his own money but that’s only £450 of my money I’m still close to £1000 down for something not caused by me!!

As I stated previously why did JD use GLS if he knew they wouldn’t cover insurance of a lost parcel when I requested insured postage in our emails exchanges!

Im willing to work something out with him but 500eur is a kick in the stones as I’m still down 1000eur for his incompetence!

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
I appreciate he is willing to put 500eur of his own money but that’s only £450 of my money I’m still close to £1000 down for something not caused by me!!

As I stated previously why did JD use GLS if he knew they wouldn’t cover insurance of a lost parcel when I requested insured postage in our emails exchanges!

Im willing to work something out with him but 500eur is a kick in the stones as I’m still down 1000eur for his incompetence!

Translating #457

Apprezzo il fatto che stai anticipando 500 euro ma sono solo 450£ dei miei soldi e io sarei comunque sotto di 1000£ per qualcosa di cui non ho colpa.
Come ho detto prima, perché hai usato gls se sapevi che non avrebbero reimborsato un pacco perso, quando io ho chiesto la posta assicurata nelle nostre email che ci siamo scambiati.
voglio andargli in contro ma 500€ sono niente dato che io sono ancora sotto di 1000€ per tatua incompetenza!

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
LorenzoM
ho sempre spedito con GLS perché è uno dei più sicuri ( almeno in Italia) da due anni che spedisco non loro, mai avuto problemi. Purtroppo la perfezione non esiste, e anche loro sbagliano. Io ti accennai , se vedi nella nostra discussione nella casella email, ti avevo chiesto se era possibile da parte tua prenotare un ritiro al mio indirizzo con DHL, in modo tale da essere più sicuro. Purtroppo DHL non c’è nel mio paese. Mi avevi risposto ok. Poi subito dopo mi mandi il pagamento dicendomi di avermi pagato. Allora ho pensato che dovevo spedirlo io con GLS. Purtroppo, GLS, SDA, TNT non si possono assicurare oggetti di valore, anche volendo ci vuole la descrizione del contenuto e la fattura di vendita. DHL non so come funziona, ma la politica dei corrieri in Italia sono tutti uguali. Quando ti chiesi le fatture, era perché GLS point mi disse che il pacco era fermo alla dogana, parole loro. E volevano sapere il contenuto con le fatture....allora gli spiegai che era una riparazione di un orologio e in più presentai le tue fatture, per dichiarare il costo del contenuto. Perché anche se il pacco non è assicurato, GLS paga massimo 500€ in base al peso. Quindi il GLS point mi disse di aspettare, perché poteva arrivare tra 1/2 settimane. Passano le settimane, e gli chiesi di mandare il pacco al mittente, ma li mi dissero che il pacco non era localizzato! Cioè, il pacco era sparito....questa è la versione dei fatti. Ad oggi non mi danno risposte, mi sono anche incazzato con il titolare, minacciando di mettere un avvocato
pero purtroppo anche volendo il pacco non era assicurato, e perderei in partenza....però almeno vorrei recuperare questo tetto massimo di 500€
Ripeto, non mi sono mai trovato in queste situazioni
quello che vi avevo riferito mi è stato detto dal GLS point
non erano mie supposizioni, sono andato in buona fede sulle loro parole.

LorenzoM ti ringrazio ancora per la tua disponibilità

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
LorenzoM
ho sempre spedito con GLS perché è uno dei più sicuri ( almeno in Italia) da due anni che spedisco non loro, mai avuto problemi. Purtroppo la perfezione non esiste, e anche loro sbagliano. Io ti accennai , se vedi nella nostra discussione nella casella email, ti avevo chiesto se era possibile da parte tua prenotare un ritiro al mio indirizzo con DHL, in modo tale da essere più sicuro. Purtroppo DHL non c’è nel mio paese. Mi avevi risposto ok. Poi subito dopo mi mandi il pagamento dicendomi di avermi pagato. Allora ho pensato che dovevo spedirlo io con GLS. Purtroppo, GLS, SDA, TNT non si possono assicurare oggetti di valore, anche volendo ci vuole la descrizione del contenuto e la fattura di vendita. DHL non so come funziona, ma la politica dei corrieri in Italia sono tutti uguali. Quando ti chiesi le fatture, era perché GLS point mi disse che il pacco era fermo alla dogana, parole loro. E volevano sapere il contenuto con le fatture....allora gli spiegai che era una riparazione di un orologio e in più presentai le tue fatture, per dichiarare il costo del contenuto. Perché anche se il pacco non è assicurato, GLS paga massimo 500€ in base al peso. Quindi il GLS point mi disse di aspettare, perché poteva arrivare tra 1/2 settimane. Passano le settimane, e gli chiesi di mandare il pacco al mittente, ma li mi dissero che il pacco non era localizzato! Cioè, il pacco era sparito....questa è la versione dei fatti. Ad oggi non mi danno risposte, mi sono anche incazzato con il titolare, minacciando di mettere un avvocato
pero purtroppo anche volendo il pacco non era assicurato, e perderei in partenza....però almeno vorrei recuperare questo tetto massimo di 500€
Ripeto, non mi sono mai trovato in queste situazioni
quello che vi avevo riferito mi è stato detto dal GLS point
non erano mie supposizioni, sono andato in buona fede sulle loro parole.

LorenzoM ti ringrazio ancora per la tua disponibilità

Translating #459
I've always used gls as it's one of the safest in Italy. I've been using them for 2 years without any prob. unfortunately everybody does mistakes ( referring to them . I asked you the email if it was possible for you to book a pickup at my address with dhl, in order to be safer.Â*
but unfortunately dhl is not in my city. you told me okay and then you sent methe payment. So I tough I had to send it with gls . unfortunately with gls, sda and tnt you can't insure high value things ( referring to watches, jewelry etc ). And if you want to, you have to say what's inside and provide an invoice. I don't know how dhl works, but the terms and conditions are same for all couriers in Italy. When I asked you the invoices, it was in order to declare the contenent, as even if the package isn't insured, the gls point told me it was in customs. And they wanted to know the contenent and the value. So I explained them the it was a watch repair and I showed them your invoices. Even if the package isn't insured, gls pays at max 500 depending on the weight. Then the gls point told me to wait as it could have arrived in 1/2 weeks. But as it didn't arrive I asked them to send the package to the sender and they told me they couldn't locate it, it disappeared.Â*
This is how it went. they still don't give me answers, I even got mad with the owner ( of the gls point I think ) saying that I would have called a lawyer. But as the package isn't insured, I would have lost from the start. But I want to get these 500 back at least.
I have never been in this situation before.Â*
I've told you guys what the gls point told me
I didn't say what I though was happening, I just repeated their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.