• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
No no! I'm not washing my hands.
I'm using google translator. I said that GLS will not give me any answers. because the sender and GLS point that is called “L’Angolo della posta”
,it is written on the shipping invoice. where I sent the package. I ask them and they do not give me news. they tell me it's waiting. I do not like this thing. Yesterday I got angry at the GLS point because it does not confirm me, threatening to call a lawyer. more than this I do not know what to do

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
He is the sender - I am the receiver! He sent the email to gls point so he is the one that receives the reply

Mate, I was as confused as you are.
I should have posted a emoji.

I really think that JD should refund you in full and then see what he can get back from friggin gls.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Herc

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

I really think that JD should refund you in full and then see what he can get back from friggin gls.

as I've always said .... I do not refund. must refund GLS ... if it accepts GLS of refund. I have a refund € 120 + € 60 (my work plus shipping) I have not sold a watch, so I'm not due to a refund. if the package is lost it is not my fault .... but of GLS

you have to wait for me to contact the GLS point.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom

I agree as do many on this forum except for JD that didn’t follow my instructions which he seems to now brush off and blames GLS!!!

JD we know you didn’t sell me the watch quit repeating it!! People are saying to refund due to your incompetence with posting and then the lies regarding the whole customs shenanigans!!

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
I agree as do many on this forum except for JD that didn’t follow my instructions which he seems to now brush off and blames GLS!!!

JD we know you didn’t sell me the watch quit repeating it!! People are saying to refund due to your incompetence with posting and then the lies regarding the whole customs shenanigans!!

I'm sorry, but they're not lies. if you believe me, if you do not believe me, it does not do anything. they are words that told me GLS ... and I reported to you. if they told lies, then they also told them to me. I never found myself in this situation. I repeat that I'm sorry, and I understand you. but it is not my mistake. the parcel has been lost by GLS, s as I have always told you, in Italy you can not insure things of value, including franken. I repeat that I do not repay anything, I'm sorry. I refund you € 180 ... more than I can not. as I have always said, if GLS recognizes the reimbursement I turn the money over to you, proving everything in writing. if it does not accept GLS, I can not do anything.

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
Can't believe this still hasn't been resolved.
Surely the obvious answer is that JD meets Herc in the middle on losses, and refunds half the value of the watch as a minimum, while waiting for the outcome from GLS.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Can't believe this still hasn't been resolved.
Surely the obvious answer is that JD meets Herc in the middle on losses, and refunds half the value of the watch as a minimum, while waiting for the outcome from GLS.

I feel this would be the right decision and happy to accept that.. because right now I’m £1400 down and looks like I won’t see a fraction of that.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I feel this would be the right decision and happy to accept that.. because right now I’m £1400 down and looks like I won’t see a fraction of that.

This is crazy. I feel for you and hope this gets resolved.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to not get clear answers about what happened when you are wanting to find your parcel

Sent from the RWI App

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
This is crazy. I feel for you and hope this gets resolved.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to not get clear answers about what happened when you are wanting to find your parcel

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks pal - literally bought the watch on here in Oct and had it sent to him that month so hardly seen it. Now its gone :(

Its very frustrating the fact that I have to rely on GLS that could take months to resolve and by that stage it cost possibly be only 500eur which is what JD is saying its only covered for.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
For all those who say it is impossible to ever claim on postage insurance, here is my third successful claim out of three, just arrived with a cheque
0e0784bb70d99365e7ab862a56ae361c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
and yet JD sent receipts on the 6th Feb 2018 (you know the time when he said it was for customs to prove what was inside the package they opened... but evidentially admitted it was for claim purposes)

1 month today since the receipts were sent to GLS by JD for insurance claim and still not heard a word from JD about it.
2 months since the watch was posted from Italy to uk

As JD has demonstrated above in post #425 - 'if it does not accept GLS, I can not do anything'

not even an offer to work something out!!

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
For all those who say it is impossible to ever claim on postage insurance, here is my third successful claim out of three, just arrived with a cheque
0e0784bb70d99365e7ab862a56ae361c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did it take from the insurance claim being opened to get resolved buddy??

As this is a joke! I don't even know which date we are going with for the insurance claim...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
This situation is pathetic. Depp needs to accept he made the mistake by not following your instructions Herc . He needs to act like a responsible adult and admit husband mistake and compensate you. It's then between gls and Depp. Perhaps someone can translate some of this so he understands that pretty much nobody agrees with his statements that it's not his fault or responsibility. He bares the financial responsibility for his mistakes.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
This situation is pathetic.Â* Depp needs to accept he made the mistake by not following your instructions Herc .Â* He needs to act like a responsible adult and admit husband mistake and compensate you.Â* It's then between gls and Depp.Â* Perhaps someone can translate some of this so he understands that pretty much nobody agrees with his statements that it's not his fault or responsibility.Â* He bares the financial responsibility for his mistakes.Â*

Unless trailboss99Â*can have a word with him - as you said people don't agree with his statements but it is falling on deaf ears when it is brought to his attention.

I would even be happy to come to an agreement but it seems he has no intentions of doing so! Basically whatever GLS offer is what I am getting. (which from the sounds of things won't be much as he didn't insure it correctly)

So where does that leave me?!? Out of pocket due to someone else's lack of incompetence...

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
While the watch was in his care, it was his responsibility - and that means until it was back in your hand. He's running a business, not doing favors for mates.

Take your car/bike to a garage, something happens, it's theirs to put right. They can't just use the excuse of not selling you the car in the first place...

What would happen if JD had a bunch of customers watches in for mods - and he got burgled? They wouldn't be insured, could he just wash his hands of it..?

Imo, with hindsight there's a few things both Herc & JD could have done differently, hence the suggestion of meeting in the middle as an absolute minimum starting point.

Funny how there's been no response from JD since.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
While the watch was in his care, it was his responsibility - and that means until it was back in your hand. He's running a business, not doing favors for mates.

Take your car/bike to a garage, something happens, it's theirs to put right. They can't just use the excuse of not selling you the car in the first place...

What would happen if JD had a bunch of customers watches in for mods - and he got burgled? They wouldn't be insured, could he just wash his hands of it..?

Imo, with hindsight there's a few things both Herc & JD could have done differently, hence the suggestion of meeting in the middle as an absolute minimum starting point.

Funny how there's been no response from JD since.

Great analysis on the subject and I agree to meeting in the middle - right now I’m down £1400 on a watch and he’s down cost of postage 69euro and his service charge.

He has stated in previous posts nothing is coming out of his pocket as it wasn’t his fault and that we must wait for GLS to sort.

What they offer if they do and when they do then that’s it job done according to his posts..

which is sad as ill be the only one affected by his incompetence.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
This situation is pathetic.  Depp needs to accept he made the mistake by not following your instructions Herc .  He needs to act like a responsible adult and admit husband mistake and compensate you.  It's then between gls and Depp.  Perhaps someone can translate some of this so he understands that pretty much nobody agrees with his statements that it's not his fault or responsibility.  He bares the financial responsibility for his mistakes. 

I am sorry, I have already explained to Herc that GLS wants to pay € 60 for shipping, and € 10 per kg. I have not accepted, and I'm moving forward. I want to make him recover as much as possible. but wait. they are not "3 days" .... if they recognize the GLS fartures, ok. otherwise you will be reimbursed of 60 € shipping + 10 € per kg. as I have always said it is not my mistake. GLS has made the package disappear. and I repeat to say that parcels with Italian couriers can not guarantee valuables. ask some other Italian to confirm. because even if the package was insured, Herc would not have obtained anything, because the invoices are presented before shipping .... and we must declare what is inside the package. I'm sorry but it's not my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.