• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
guys I’m in a bit of a sticky situation here and would love some input/help.

I post this in RWG when RWI was down but how we are back is like to ask you guys for help as the origin of the deal was done in here..

I posted my Franken Rolex 114060 to Italy back in Nov before RWI hack and struggled to get a hold of the modder but evidently did. (Through RWG) Waited until after Christmas postage chaos and made payment for the watch service, gen spec brushing and requested it posted back - see tracking details below
16/01/201822:36The parcel has left the GLS location.United Kingdom
15/01/201822:14The parcel has reached the GLS location.United Kingdom
11/01/201806:41The parcel has left the GLS location.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
11/01/201806:41The parcel was handed over to GLS.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
10/01/201822:56The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)

I emailed the modder asking if he had any update as it was sat in the last location from 16-01-18. He contacted GLS and they said it’s held up in England.

I decided to google GLS uk tel number and it brought up Parcel force. Called and spoke to some woman who said the tracking number I gave her isn’t recognised. I explained it’s from GLS and she advised me to speak to the sender to chase up.

spoke to modder asking for an update and was asked by him via email if I had an exspensive receipt to give him as GLS has blocked the package as they seen what was inside and have requested an invoice..

thats when I decided to ask you guys on here. Which I am very grateful for the help and advise on.

I had a receipt for just under 3k for purchases back in June for jewellery so have sent him that along with proof that I posted him the watch back in nov.

i emailed the modder a few times over the last few days and got a response saying that he to was also confused as to where my parcel is. He has tried GLS to find out what is going on.

From his emails he sent my original postage postage to him back in Nov for the watch service and the receipt to my purchase of other jewellery to my wife last year..

the guys on RWG have given great advise saying that customs between two EU countries should not have been checked etc.

The oarcel went from N.Ireland to Italy fine and now upon the modder posting it back it’s gone!!

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
guys I’m in a bit of a sticky situation here and would love some input/help.

I post this in RWG when RWI was down but how we are back is like to ask you guys for help as the origin of the deal was done in here..

I posted my Franken Rolex 114060 to Italy back in Nov before RWI hack and struggled to get a hold of the modder but evidently did. (Through RWG) Waited until after Christmas postage chaos and made payment for the watch service, gen spec brushing and requested it posted back - see tracking details below
16/01/201822:36The parcel has left the GLS location.United Kingdom
15/01/201822:14The parcel has reached the GLS location.United Kingdom
11/01/201806:41The parcel has left the GLS location.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
11/01/201806:41The parcel was handed over to GLS.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
10/01/201822:56The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)

spoke to modder asking for an update and was asked by him via email if I had an exspensive receipt to give him as GLS has blocked the package as they seen what was inside and have requested an invoice..

What? No, there's should be no Customs and no invoice request from GLS.
I am very sorry to read such a bad experience, hopefully the parcel will show up shortly.

Couple of questions:

- Did your modder start an investigation?
- Did GLS agree the parcel is to be considered lost?
- Was the parcel insured?
- Did your modder check the terms and conditions? He sent the parcel so the contract is between him and GLS.
- Did he specify what was in the parcel? did he declare something?

Reactions: Herc

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
What? No, there's should be no Customs and no invoice request from GLS.
I am very sorry to read such a bad experience, hopefully the parcel will show up shortly.

Couple of questions:

- Did your modder start an investigation?
- Did GLS agree the parcel is to be considered lost?
- Was the parcel insured?
- Did your modder check the terms and conditions? He sent the parcel so the contract is between him and GLS.
- Did he specify what was in the parcel? did he declare something?

It was sent to JohnnyDepp so only he can answer those questions pal. I’m just confused and very annoyed with what has happened. The last update from GLS tracking was 16-01-18 close to 1 month since any other updates.

Would love some input from members that have dealt with GLS?

pippo

10/1/10
It was sent to JohnnyDepp so only he can answer those questions pal. I’m just confused and very annoyed with what has happened. The last update from GLS tracking was 16-01-18 close to 1 month since any other updates.

Would love some input from members that have dealt with GLS?

Mate, you need to ask JohnnyDepp those questions.
He is the only one who can start an investigation or a refund request.

Reactions: Keylog74

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Johnny Depp

this is beginning to annoy me now and a few people have mentioned on our sister forums about things that don’t seem to add up.

I have given this this the benefit of the doubt and tried to keep this within private emails but I feel it’s getting to the point we’re it needs opened up for others to help and advise!

I sent an email to you on 6feb to supply you with receipts and you replied to say you have sent them to GLS.. on the 7,9,12 and 13th of Feb asking for an update with the same reply from yourself ‘I ask GLS today’

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Johnny Depp I think needs to chip in and explain what’s going, because the chance of a parcel within the EU being seized is infinitessemal. Has GLS lost or damaged it and the receipt is needed for an insurance claim? Also, the repeated claims of ‘will do it today’ is the kind of behaviour that we have seen time and again with non-trusted modders that have gone rogue...

Reactions: Herc and splke

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Johnny Depp Dude, what is going on here? I'm expecting at the very least a PM from you with a full and accurate explanation of what has transpired here because what I'm hearing in these threads makes little or no sense.

Thanks pal. My last correspondence with Johnny was A few days ago. I sent him a an email yesterday and still not had a reply.

Also in regards to the shipment. Like a few other guys have stated over on our sister forum. I have not received anything from them by mail,call,text,post to back up Johnny assumptions that it’s neing held in customs.

The only communication I have had regarding the watch has been with JD and no one else.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
trailboss99 - Received this email from Johnny this morning..

I'm sorry you think this. I did my best, I argued with GLS, I asked more than 20 times. but they told me that the parcel is blocked in England. I sent your invoices by email .... I do not know what else to do. if the package was opened, if they saw that it was inside, and they confiscated it I do not know how to help you

I hope this solves this problem

Inviato da JD

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Here was my original postage to him costing £12.

And this was his receipts from sending it back to me. Costing 60eur!!

Attachments

• photo28748.jpg
    photo28748.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo28749.jpg
    photo28749.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo28750.jpg
    photo28750.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Your parcel is in the UK. Parcelforce relabel them when they arrive which is why your tracking number doesn't work on Parcelforce. It's somewhere in the UK.
It has not been opened or seized, Johnny Depp is simply guessing that is what might have happened.

The parcel was sent from one EU state to another. It will NOT have been checked and seized by customs. It's just gone missing.

Even if it had have been seized you - the importer - would have been sent a letter. And the tracking would likely reflect that. It doesn't - it's just gone missing.

If it has gone missing, it is not the end of the world. The parcels tend to arrive eventually. Normal practice here is to wait 30 days from the anticipated delivery date and then the sender puts in an insurance claim - and they will need receipts or other evidence to back up the value of the contents if it is worth more than a nominal amount. I cannot understand why JD is going through the rigmarole of sending receipts etc. to prove value for customs because they don't have it.

Either GLS have misinformed him, or he has got confused, or he has posted a parcel with an illegible address and no return details and is now making a fraudulent insurance claim for more than the true value, using your receipts as his evidence. His absence from this thread is notable...

Maybe he has been given wrong info by GLS, maybe he is being wilfully difficult, maybe he does not understand how the EU postal service works, maybe it is the language barrier, maybe he hasn't contacted GLS at all - but all he probably needs to do is just claim for the parcel being lost.

Eventually, the parcel is likely to turn up and all will become clear.

Reactions: Herc

pippo

10/1/10
Is there a working tracking number? What's the current shipment status?
I would ask JD to forward to you the communication with GLS, if there's anything written.

It's indeed a very unusual case.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Is there a working tracking number? What's the current shipment status?
I would ask JD to forward to you the communication with GLS, if there's anything written.

It's indeed a very unusual case.

I have emailed him this thread to reply to..
the tracking details JD provided me was
Parcel number:
Italy parcel number
FK580009868010WW

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Your parcel is in the UK. Parcelforce relabel them when they arrive which is why your tracking number doesn't work on Parcelforce. It's somewhere in the UK.
It has not been opened or seized, Johnny Depp is simply guessing that is what might have happened.

The parcel was sent from one EU state to another. It will NOT have been checked and seized by customs. It's just gone missing.

Even if it had have been seized you - the importer - would have been sent a letter. And the tracking would likely reflect that. It doesn't - it's just gone missing.

If it has gone missing, it is not the end of the world. The parcels tend to arrive eventually. Normal practice here is to wait 30 days from the anticipated delivery date and then the sender puts in an insurance claim - and they will need receipts or other evidence to back up the value of the contents if it is worth more than a nominal amount. I cannot understand why JD is going through the rigmarole of sending receipts etc. to prove value for customs because they don't have it.

Either GLS have misinformed him, or he has got confused, or he has posted a parcel with an illegible address and no return details and is now making a fraudulent insurance claim for more than the true value, using your receipts as his evidence. His absence from this thread is notable...

Maybe he has been given wrong info by GLS, maybe he is being wilfully difficult, maybe he does not understand how the EU postal service works, maybe it is the language barrier, maybe he hasn't contacted GLS at all - but all he probably needs to do is just claim for the parcel being lost.

Eventually, the parcel is likely to turn up and all will become clear.

Watch was posted by him on 10-01-18 that’s 37days ago.

I either want my watch back the the value i paid paid for it from mech500 which was 1.4k plus Johnny 200eur bill on top

85genius

Known Member
14/5/14
This gets weirder and weirder, with JD seemingly washing his hands of this...

Was just thinking about it reading the thread and can't see any chance of UK customs being able to tell it isn't legit to seize it. To be honest they wouldn't know the difference between a decent stock rep and gen they only ever get seized due to being shipped from China and low customs declaration, an high value insured intraeuropen shipment of a well made Franken should be impossible to spot unless you are a watchmaker and tgerether immune.

But it's all within Europe so it shouldn't be going anywhere near customs anyway

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
This gets weirder and weirder, with JD seemingly washing his hands of this...

Was just thinking about it reading the thread and can't see any chance of UK customs being able to tell it isn't legit to seize it. To be honest they wouldn't know the difference between a decent stock rep and gen they only ever get seized due to being shipped from China and low customs declaration, an high value insured intraeuropen shipment of a well made Franken should be impossible to spot unless you are a watchmaker and tgerether immune.

But it's all within Europe so it shouldn't be going anywhere near customs anyway

IT was the noob V7 and it has a gen dial, all gen hands and a gen insert. I have a feeling its gone missing and JD is saying it was stopped by customs for what reason I don't know!

I tried to keep this all between the two of us but his communication has been poor to sat the least. I don't think he has tried and would for him to put his input here along with evidence on how he has tried to help with this..

Do I have to bring a ticket/complaint up on here.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Salve a tutti
rispondo in italiano perché siccome è una cosa delicata
vorrei esprimermi al 100% perché con l’inglese ho difficoltà

innanzittutto rispondo ora perché oltre a questo hobby faccio un’altro lavoro, di tempo ne ho pochissimo di stare al cell o computer!

il signore Martin non ha spiegato che ho telefonato, mandato email, sono andato anche a foggia ( provincia della mia città)
dove vi è GLS
ho spedito il pacco nel point GLS della mia città
mio seguito questa spedizione, ha lasciato l’Italia
il problema e nato in Inghilterra dove il pacco e stato bloccato
mi sono messo a disposizione, rispondendo alle sue email
e lui lo può confermare
leggendo questo thread dove lui mette in evidenza che io non ho curato la spedizione mi sembra assurdo
ho fatto il possibile, ma il pacco ancora oggi mi dicono di non preoccuparmi . Ho le prove di email, fatture e conversazioni
che vi allego subito. Il problema non deriva da me
ma dalla postazione GLS inglese
con tutto ciò ho assistito il problema, però poi sentirsi dire che ho detto CAZZATE...no, questo non lo accetto!

Status
Not open for further replies.