• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tennis Player with little options.

PascaBicepsTrading

Horology Curious
21/2/17
(first post on RWI, lurk on RWG)

I wanted to buy an athletic watch and I have my eye set on the Richard Mille. (I love Nadal so that may contribute to the bias)

However, I have not found a guide for RMs. I want to get the RM 027, RM 035, or RM 055. I want to find the most well replicated RM. I asked around and so far no one has given me a concrete answer. I know I wont get a .99:1 but I want the best I can get.

Thanks,

(I also have like 54 cents on paypal and willing to give it to the person that helps me)

blehbleh215

2/2/17
RM is such a hard watch to be well replicated...
It's not just about the shape or color of the watch, it's the movement that is so hard to replicate well.
Even they did a .9:1 job, without some good track record, no one knows the reliability of the movement...(plus you may wear the watch while playing tennis)
If you are looking for a athletic watch and you are a tennis player.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/roger-federer-caroline-wozniacki-rolex-australian-open-2018

Rolex sport watches are quite good.

PascaBicepsTrading

Horology Curious
21/2/17
RM is such a hard watch to be well replicated...
It's not just about the shape or color of the watch, it's the movement that is so hard to replicate well.
Even they did a .9:1 job, without some good track record, no one knows the reliability of the movement...(plus you may wear the watch while playing tennis)
If you are looking for a athletic watch and you are a tennis player.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/roger-federer-caroline-wozniacki-rolex-australian-open-2018

Rolex sport watches are quite good.

I wouldn't want something flawless in movement. As long as it doesnt tick. With that being said, do you know the best RM out there? I do have a milgauss gen. I just love the looks of the RM Nadal.

batman007

Known Member
13/2/18
hope you don't want wear the Watch when you play tennis ? because shock are very bad for mechanical watches

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Yeah, these are reps. Even Nadel only wears his gen RM on his non-racquet holding hand.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
You think you can pull off wearing a RM027 / $800,000 watch? Everyones gong to know its a fake - so it won't matter how close it is. None of them are close though.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
I think most people has never heard of RM so I don't think everyone will know that it's a fake.

Reactions: blehbleh215

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Forget RM, Unfortunately they just arenÂ’t good enough yet. Better off going the AP route like Stan or Serena.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
why not just go quartz? some AP quartz chrono don't even have second hand