• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

whats the best mods you can do to a rolex rep

cizlac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/10
i am getting a noobfactory rolex and i am kind of new to buying replicas, what are the best mods you can do to a rolex rep? whats vac? does that make it more waterproof. what are some other mods you can do??

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
lol.

welcome to the modding hobby. you may wish to just turn around and go back the
way you came. this is where things start to get very expensive...

here's a start list for you, but it all depends on the model you got.

vac... vac is a fantastic guy, that's short for vaccum (yes that's spelled wrong, it's
how he rolls). he is a "modder" whom is basically known for his precision reluming.

our reps come generally with bullshit lume applied on them. they don't glow worth
a ****, and usually the lume doesn't even match the gen color. vac is your answer
for that. he will re-lume the hands, dial, bezel, whatever is needed to a proper gen-
matching color with a mix of superlume to give it that gen-like torch glow.

so that's one thing to do.

your noob watch will have the wrong datewheel, the numbers are off-center and of
the wrong font probably. the easiest solution to this is a datewheel overlay from
BK. I believe it's basically a sticker placed over your datewheel that will then give it
the proper alignment and font. you'll need to remove the hands and dial and such
to get at the datewheel, so having vac apply it while the watch is already apart is a
good move.

also your rehaut might be out of alignment. the crown at 12 might not be centered
right, and it may need a little nudge left or right to fix that. same as above, done
while the watch is in pieces.

the crystal might also be seated incorrectly, and it's probably off all together, but a
simple re-seating to level it correctly is probably gonna be good enough.

AR. that's anti-reflective coating. if I remember right, Rolex doesn't use AR, so
if your noob is AR-less, then you'll be fine. with most watches though, the crystal
either needs to be replaced or at least sent off to an AR master like Taka, fine dd,
Chief, etc. to be re-coated.

Pearl. chances are you're gonna need a new pearl because the rep pearl will be junk.
you can get one from watchmaterials.com I think it's called, and maybe have vac
re-lume it and install it for you while he's doing his other work on the lume.

if you have a DSSD coming and it has an He valve, that'll probably just need to be
sealed up from the inside with marine epoxy to keep it from allowing water in. and
while the watch is in pieces, the o-rings for the stem/crown will need a good greasing
with silicone grease, and also the o-ring for the caseback. once things are screwed
all back together nice and tight, this should give you your "waterproofing." or at least
your best shot at it.

crown guards. often times the metal crown guards on either side of the crown need
to be reshaped as the reps are the wrong size and/or too big.

I could go on and on really, there's a ton of mods you can do. many people tend to
have BK do most of this for them. they'll order a noob watch through him fully modded
and he'll tackle most of the above list. otherwise it involves sending the watch all over
the place to have several people work on it and mod it.

and if you have that much work done to the watch, you're for sure gonna want to have
one of our resident watchsmiths tear down and service the movement for you to
ensure it'll last you for years (until it's next service date).

like I said first, it may be best to just go back the way you came and appreciate the
noob for what it is...

Reactions: paternoster_square

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
What MM said....also if you get a noob sub, the crown is also too big....maybe get a new one

cizlac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/10
wow very impressed from all the knowledge there is from this forum im very glad i found it, i might think about getting it modded but i might not now hahaha. again thanks for the info guys much appriciated!

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
save yourself the hassle and buy one that's already been modded to death...

Roro75

Horology Curious
6/7/17

Hi guys. I don’t really know where to post that and I didn’t find any sections. I need to service, waterproof, test and modify bezel insert of my Rep Submariner no date, Noob V7. I live in Los Angeles.
Can someone help me?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hi guys. I don’t really know where to post that and I didn’t find any sections. I need to service, waterproof, test and modify bezel insert of my Rep Submariner no date, Noob V7. I live in Los Angeles.
Can someone help me?

For the cost of this mods you get a brand news VSF sub mate.