• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bremont Replica- They exist, but where?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I never heard of rep Bremont but I want it so much. Which ever model released, I would by it, especially Boeing and Jaguar series.

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
I'd like to find out, too. Shouldn't be too difficult since it's all standard ETA anyway... like how most of the Tudor reps have been great so far.

Powerreserve

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/17
Amsterdam/Firenze/Nurburg
Something like this?

74683c54cf66b11e6018c8e2a0311344.jpeg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
There are no fake bremont's, sorry to burst the bubble.
But eBay are not connoisseurs of fake watches, they have those generic articles for most branss.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
One would think with the simplicity of the Bremont line (and how relatively affordable the gen costs), one of the factories would at least attempt to make even one model just to test the waters. Maybe someday...

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I would suggest that if bremont's had closed casebacks they would be allover it.
But the movements are very decorated and I can't see them wanting to go such effort for a brand that isn't recognised globally.

But at the same time factories do really rep some crap from time to time you have to question who makes those decisions

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Not having a closed back is a stupid f'n reason to not make a Rep.Only if you want to sell it as Gen it's a problem.
There is so much shit out there that is Rep'd that doesn't even look close from the front, tons of it!

I've seen BombBergs on Dh, they must be Reps because with a comparison they come close, but still look cheap. Plus, I couldn't find the exact models to compare......and how "known" are those?

Bremont doesn't seem to be complicated like others, Ublow, etc.

nitrams2000

10/5/17
Hi all,

Bremont are becoming more an more in the spotlight recently and I am always on the look out for a replica, but I am always unsuccessful in my find.

However, having searching online, people have been talking about them and eBay articles are now posted on "how to avoid a fake" http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Avoding-a-Fake-Bremont-Watch-/10000000043691789/g.html

So, where can we find replica Bremonts?

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Owned-...515168?hash=item1cac29f520:g:CLUAAOSwKwpbA94V

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I have seen Bremont's around but never paid much mind to them. After looking into the models more deeply, there are some very cool models out there -- a few of which I'd like to have in my collection.

But I always come back to the pricing of these "mid-major" brands that compete with Rolex/Breitling/Omega/Panerai like a multidirectional state university against a Power 5 school -- is there enough oxygen in the marketplace to absorb another thousand to five thousand to ten thousand more units around the $3-5k price point on an annual basis? In all honesty I see our friends at Harry Winston at the top of the market able to compete more effectively than the folks in the meaty part of the curve. Or I guess another way to look at it is if there is enough distinction here to make eyes bulge and mouths drool and separate folks from their cash? Existential questions from a watch addict aside, that two-tone Supermarine is cool ...

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
I think the brand is too niche and doesn't make sense to rep it from a purely economic point of view. Would you pay 400 usd for a Bremont rep (worth few $k) when you can have an AP rep (worth $20k) for the same budget?

Reactions: nalomb

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
^^ This. Someone needs to do an economy of scale spreadsheet to find the acceptable multiple whereby a rep is unwarranted (relatively cheap gen), feasible (juice worth the squeeze) or ridiculous (Patek Sky Moon). It would be an interesting rubric for analyzing the rep game. If only the rep factories produced detailed 10-K’s so we could have benchmark data haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
One would think with the simplicity of the Bremont line (and how relatively affordable the gen costs), one of the factories would at least attempt to make even one model just to test the waters. Maybe someday...
On the other forum a TD wrote they DO exist, even tho they are not so known and therefore not so advertised (also because, he says, they are expensive).
Come to put a +1 below this thread, you never know if this can spark some attention from the TDs and factories...
https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?...cas-from-td’s/&do=findComment&comment=2219674

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
I would suggest that if bremont's had closed casebacks they would be allover it.
But the movements are very decorated and I can't see them wanting to go such effort for a brand that isn't recognised globally.

But at the same time factories do really rep some crap from time to time you have to question who makes those decisions
Most of them use ETA, just like the Breitling, I don't see issues in repping them well.

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
I think the brand is too niche and doesn't make sense to rep it from a purely economic point of view. Would you pay 400 usd for a Bremont rep (worth few $k) when you can have an AP rep (worth $20k) for the same budget?
Yes, considering there are super rep of watches like Longines divers or Tag Acquaracers, or Oris, or Dietrich, or Ancon or SevenFriday.