• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Yes ! That is how the list on page 1 works chap ! The best reps are in the top section and it contains only 3 Rolex reps ...2 of which you can no longer get except through M2M the TC V6 Sub and TW WM9 Bluesy . Which leaves the JF/Arf 114300 red grape/ grey as the best OOTB replica you can buy . No need for mods or messing around unless you feel the movement needs servicing. Just straight on the wrist and you're faking it .

I'm not talking about OOTB. I might have to disagree. An ARF 116610 with CF bezel, gen datewheel, and prof crystal is a more convincing rep than an ARF OP OOTB. The subbie feels like a much higher quality watch than the OP.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm not talking about OOTB. I might have to disagree. An ARF 116610 with CF bezel, gen datewheel, and prof crystal is a more convincing rep than an ARF OP OOTB. The subbie feels like a much higher quality watch than the OP.

I will have to disagree as well chap . This is the 'consensual list of OOTB reps'. NOT the ' consensual list with three or four mods '. That is why the JF/ARF 114300 is a ' Super rep ' on the list and the ARF sub is not .

Comparing a Sub to an OP is like comparing apples to pears anyway

My wife has a genuine Red Grape 114300 and I have a JF .In the hand and on the wrist it is a scarily accurate rep .

The fact that you felt the need to make three mods to your Arf sub . When there is nothing you need to do to a JF OP but put it on your wrist should indicate to a reasoned man that you are wrong .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jammydodger79

Funus

Horology Curious
23/6/19
LIST UPDATE: Rolex Submariner Ceramic (116610) Noob V9 updated to Rolex Submariner Ceramic (116610) Noob V9 & ARF

Do you know how this compares with the newer Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ZZF version? Also are all the colours super reps? Thanks heaps!!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Since the typo on the caseback is fixed, is the LMPO Noob V6 considered a superrep?
Nope, because after that fix, they made a "mistake" with the hash marks next to the 6 marker; V6 has those hash marks smaller than gen, so it's an easy tell if you know where to look.

First class? Yes. Super rep? Not with the hash mark flaw so blatantly obvious.

You can tell I'm irked by it because it seems to be such a deliberate flaw.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Nope, because after that fix, they made a "mistake" with the hash marks next to the 6 marker; V6 has those hash marks smaller than gen, so it's an easy tell if you know where to look.

The backwards step on Dial quality is a PITA considering how good the rest of the watch is.

When a V5 with a V6 case back is an overall better rep, than the latest version.
Us customers can't help but feel the errors are a bit too deliberate.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
The backwards step on Dial quality is a PITA considering how good the rest of the watch is.

When a V5 with a V6 case back is an overall better rep, than the latest version.
Us customers can't help but feel the errors are a bit too deliberate.
This, 100 times bass boosted for the audience in the back

TheSacredSoul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/19

First class? Yes. Super rep? Not with the hash mark flaw so blatantly obvious.

You can tell I'm irked by it because it seems to be such a deliberate flaw.

Yea the general consensus was this was done deliberately since everything else is so identical to gen. Also raises an interesting question I think. Does this mean rep factories, no matter what, will never get a 100% rep if they are putting in deliberate flaws, no matter how small they might seem, in their reps? Since what they are doing is considered illegal anyway, why would they do this?

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Yea the general consensus was this was done deliberately since everything else is so identical to gen. Also raises an interesting question I think. Does this mean rep factories, no matter what, will never get a 100% rep if they are putting in deliberate flaws, no matter how small they might seem, in their reps? Since what they are doing is considered illegal anyway, why would they do this?
Continued business i.e if you can't find gen pieces to fix flaws you have to buy a different version without the flaw.

Having many versions means each version has a different flaw from the other. Look at the Rolex factories ARF, NOOB, ZZF, GMF etc. For a Rolex submariner each one has a different version and each factory gets different aspects right.

It's literally taking a perfect watch and separating it into 9 factories and 18 versions between them all. Huge profits. Extremely clever business plan.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Agree!
If one factory would create the perfect REP, there wouldn't be the need for future versions.
So they keep us running for the latest versions of their REPs in the hope, the flaws from the previous version were eradicated...

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Agree!
If one factory would create the perfect REP, there wouldn't be the need for future versions.
So they keep us running for the latest versions of their REPs in the hope, the flaws from the previous version were eradicated...

Well on the flip side if they made a perfect rep it would sell like hotcakes and the factory wouldn't have to work on R&D anymore.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Hmm... might be.
But IMHO nobody would buy after 2..3a an old version REP, which wasn't "improved" to a newer "version"... regardless of its flawlessness.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Hmm... might be.
But IMHO nobody would buy after 2..3a an old version REP, which wasn't "improved" to a newer "version"... regardless of its flawlessness.
There are plenty of vintage reps that are the best in class (super reps w/minimal flaws) that are no longer improved upon that people still buy.

Not vintage but the Seamaster 150m Aqua Terra VSF ultimate series, although not flawless to every minute detail, sets a gold standard for omega reps. They are absolutely magnificent and they were generally stopped at V2 ultimate (except for the James bond aqua terra where a V3 with a different flaw came out)

There's also the vintage IWC Ingeniuer by Noob which is absolutely gorgeous!

So aye, there definitely is room for reps that are nearly flawless in the world. It's the best sellers (Rolexes I see you fam; you too, Omega) that have the most versions and disparities ;)

Last edited:

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
There are plenty of vintage reps that are the best in class (...)
There's also the vintage IWC Ingeniuer by Noob which is absolutely gorgeous!
(...)

100% agree for the IWC 3227

263635-1ece68eee785504931bda926754edd87.jpg

Reactions: rufus7