• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Been using this guide for a while, props to Omagad for maintaining it also. just out curiosity, I'm surprised the Tank Solo (by a few makers) does not make any list here?

Reactions: Omagad

Mr.Paneristi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/18
Been using this guide for a while, props to Omagad for maintaining it also. just out curiosity, I'm surprised the Tank Solo (by a few makers) does not make any list here?

The blue cabochon protrudes too far out on almost every solo I've seen.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The blue cabochon protrudes too far out on almost every solo I've seen.

I have a ZF Tank Solo XL ( purchased 12 months ago ?) it has the correct shaped round cabachon . I would say it was a Super rep ( spent a lot of time comparing to gen) , although the straps are beyond shite !! I have put a beautiful gloss black lizard strap on mine . However I have noticed the cabachon on newer ZF , AF batches are wrong shape ( from posters pictures in Cartier section ) too long and are more in keeping with cabachon on the Tank Louis models .

Socialallure90

Known Member
31/5/18
I have a ZF Tank Solo XL ( purchased 12 months ago ?) it has the correct shaped round cabachon . I would say it was a Super rep ( spent a lot of time comparing to gen) , although the straps are beyond shite !! I have put a beautiful gloss black lizard strap on mine . However I have noticed the cabachon on newer ZF , AF batches are wrong shape ( from posters pictures in Cartier section ) too long and are more in keeping with cabachon on the Tank Louis models .

Which factory is yours ?

Mr.Paneristi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/18

Interesting to hear ZF got it right on their previous version, and then botched it on their latest updated version. Currently, their small (women's) is sold out. Hopeful they will have a revision with the correct cabachon round shape in the near future, finding a place on the super rep/NWBIG list

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Interesting to hear ZF got it right on their previous version, and then botched it on their latest updated version. Currently, their small (women's) is sold out. Hopeful they will have a revision with the correct cabachon round shape in the near future, finding a place on the super rep/NWBIG list

Surprised the S is sold out because ONLY women can wear that watch it is tiny . I have a lot of watches on the consensual list and IMO the ZF tank solo is up there with the best of them for looking like the real thing . I purchased the XL date version and I have absolutely no worries about it being called out as a rep now I have changed the strap . However the cabachon on mine is correct . I have seen pictures of both the AF and ZF models on forums which have the LOUIS CARTIER wrongly shaped cabachon .

I DON'T have a previous version of the XL I have the current version . The watch hasn't been updated since I purchased it . However mine has the correct round cabachon ! The ones coming out of the factories recently do not .

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Time to complete and update this list.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5 / 42mm (CrPO) VSF (8500 Super Clone)

It's been half year since this came out and we couldn't find a consensus.

The flaws are:

-slight difference in colour for the orange number model.
- 28000bpm rate instead of 25200 (never heard of someone calling a rep out just because the second hand runs too smooth)
- slight difference in insert being shinier than gen
- escapement barely visible through the caseback and no co-axial. (I doubt you can be called out without a loupe, but anyway..)

To me the silver number is definetely a Super rep.
the orange, too, but someone would say that the numbers are a different shade of orange (which depends on light).

Omagad
now you have all the details to decide if it's a super rep or not according to the super rep standards. Kind regards.

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Time to complete and update this list.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5 / 42mm (CrPO) VSF (8500 Super Clone)

It's been half year since this came out and we couldn't find a consensus.

The flaws are:

-slight difference in colour for the orange number model.
- 28000bpm rate instead of 25200 (never heard of someone calling a rep out just because the second hand runs too smooth)
- slight difference in insert being shinier than gen
- escapement barely visible through the caseback and no co-axial. (I doubt you can be called out without a loupe, but anyway..)

To me the silver number is definetely a Super rep.
the orange, too, but someone would say that the numbers are a different shade of orange (which depends on light).

Omagad
now you have all the details to decide if it's a super rep or not according to the super rep standards. Kind regards.

Any full pics review?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
VIV54 I know there are certain watches that also should be on the list but I don't have edit privilege. My own Omega Aqua Terra came out recently and should also be on the list.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Any full pics review?

IMG_6809.png

Genuine

IMG_6810.png

Replica

IMG_6812.png

Genuine

IMG_6811.png

Replica

IMG_6815.png

Genuine

IMG_6816.png

Replica

IMG_6818.png

Genuine

IMG_6817.png

Replica

Here you can see same weight as gen:
8bf74bdf6b234fa0ae812342cbe05751.jpg

Gen vs Rep:

And here you can see that the end links not folding properly which for some people was a obvious tell it's also in gens, so no flaw at all.

059da37b770ec46307cc0a318563d290.png

Let's don't forget that the movement is a clone movement and has the same features of the gen (power reserve, indipendent hour hand..)

Now you have all the material, IMHO silver numbers one is definitely a Super rep, it's up to you decide if orange numbers, too.

Reactions: Ecender