• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Want to echo the thanks to Omagad and contributors of this list, the time and effort gone into this, is really appreciated, it's helped point me in the right direction for my first purchase, I hope to contribute as I start learning more about this fascinating hobby.

One question I have is does the Rolex Daytona 116500 really constitute 'First Class NWBIG'? Having gone through the main threads and the photos etc, it's pretty obvious once you know what you're looking for, how to spot a rep.

The subdial printing is probably the biggest tell, it's not solid and a bit 'vague', whereas the gen is sharp and crisp, similar story to the text below the crown. The crown has no depth compared to the gorgeous three dimensional gen, and how it reflects the light. The red 'DAYTONA' is also printed too high (although granted this is harder to see at distance). Also bezel is not the best on the Noob.

I'm pretty confident I could spot at least some of these flaws on a Noob V3 on someone's wrist if they allow me at reading distance without needing a side by side gen.

Sometimes I like to think we're all in this hobby just because we love horology.
I don't learn the flaws of reps to spot others wearing reps.
More for perfecting my own reps and to appreciate the effort put into some gens I have.

Reactions: WC800729

Xilikon

20/8/19
Sometimes I like to think we're all in this hobby just because we love horology.
I don't learn the flaws of reps to spot others wearing reps.
More for perfecting my own reps and to appreciate the effort put into some gens I have.

Same for me, I view those reps as what i like on the design and the efforts put into gens and good reps.

mac83

9/7/13
Fairly often. Here's the latest addition as of 2020-08-30
Rolex Yacht-Master Rhodium/Blue Noob 904L Steel SA3135 will be updated to "..."/VR3135 (blue isn't about the watch, but the hands of the rhodium one,

Is the BLUE on the ARF v2 not more accurate than the NOOB?

Last edited:

drunknoob

Horology Curious
18/11/15
A hot desert USA
I think the new Longines Avigation Bigeye is a candidate as it's pretty hard to find flaws with it compared to some other reps on the list: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...igation-bigeye

Just have a look at the up close QC pics and the Gen pics.

I would definitely agree with this. I would say the Bigeye is at least NWBIG. Maybe even 'super rep' territory, as much as that phrase gets thrown around.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I'm surprised none of the SS AP RO are on this list yet. The ZF 15202 is so close to gen I cannot tell the difference lol

NaViSlick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/20
I'm surprised none of the SS AP RO are on this list yet. The ZF 15202 is so close to gen I cannot tell the difference lol

They all have pretty serious flaws. First and foremost, the movements aren't cloned and that's a major tell (for all APs basically). Then, with each individual model, there are issues that hold it back from being NWBIG. As asanibal pointed out, the ZF has a FAT handbase, which is a major tell. The XF15202 continues to have mismatched lume, and it seems that neither ZF nor XF are able to get the blue dial 100% perfect. Sure, these are absolutely amazing reps and definitely worth your money ($400 vs $40k), but their tells keep them from being considered NWBIG.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They all have pretty serious flaws. First and foremost, the movements aren't cloned and that's a major tell (for all APs basically).

NWBIG is meant to be "on the wrist", so a non-perfect movement isn't an issue. Even super reps aren't meant to pass a check in the hands of an expert. Otherwise there wouldn't be any on the list... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Omagad and J3DD

Tony12345

29/5/20
„Cartier Santos XL V6”

is this the Santos 100 or the Santos 2018?
I want to order the 2018 version with white dial but I read that like everybody here prefers it from GF so I was wondering if the one in the NWBIG List is maybe the 100 XL?

Last edited:

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Want to echo the thanks to Omagad and contributors of this list, the time and effort gone into this, is really appreciated, it's helped point me in the right direction for my first purchase, I hope to contribute as I start learning more about this fascinating hobby.

One question I have is does the Rolex Daytona 116500 really constitute 'First Class NWBIG'? Having gone through the main threads and the photos etc, it's pretty obvious once you know what you're looking for, how to spot a rep.

The subdial printing is probably the biggest tell, it's not solid and a bit 'vague', whereas the gen is sharp and crisp, similar story to the text below the crown. The crown has no depth compared to the gorgeous three dimensional gen, and how it reflects the light. The red 'DAYTONA' is also printed too high (although granted this is harder to see at distance). Also bezel is not the best on the Noob.

I'm pretty confident I could spot at least some of these flaws on a Noob V3 on someone's wrist if they allow me at reading distance without needing a side by side gen.

I understand your point, but I must disagree.

It sounds easy said like that to spot these flaws, but I can assure you that you couldn't spot any of these in real life without looking closely for 20 seconds, and by closely I mean sticking your eye in it, lol.

PLUS; how many people on earth know that? 10? 50? 100? Not more, for sure. So you will virtually never see someone who can tell that. Let me tell you something, I know a guy, who has a lot of money, and had a bad fake Hulk. I mean, really, a cheap one. I've seen it on his wrist several times, I didn't even THINK it was possible that he was wearing a replica.

I've looked at it at least 30 times over a few months, but from 1m~. One time we were at the restaurant and I looked at it more closely, and I was so convinced it was real I didn't see the obvious flaws for like 5 seconds... when I did, I smiled, and he laughed, and he told me "you know it's a replica, right?", and we both laughed.

Basically nobody ever noticed. There is a video of Rober Downey Jr, showing his watches and he has a terrible fake Omega, do you think anyone ever noticed? Yet, everything yells "fake" in his watch.

So just to be clear, First Class isn't about perfection, isn't about Super Reps, but if you got a watch that nobody will suspect is fake, and plus the flaws are things like "the red printing is .1mm too high" or "the crown is .1mm too flat", you're good to go, because people get away with fakes 1000x worse than that without ever being called out.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
REMEMBER; EDIT LIST once the editing bug will be fixed:

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF will be added to Super Reps
Breitiling Navitimer 1 by V7 Factory will be added to Likely Super Reps
Cartier W5200025 ZF will be added to Likely Super Reps
Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2019 Real Ceramic Case VSF will be specified "V1 Only"
Rolex Yacht-Master Rhodium/Blue Noob 904L Steel SA3135 will be updated to "..."/VR3135 (blue isn't about the watch, but the hands of the rhodium one, so I'll remove "blue" for it not to be mistaken)
Longines Avigation Bigeye ZX will be added to Likely Super Reps

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
„Cartier Santos XL V6”

is this the Santos 100 or the Santos 2018?
I want to order the 2018 version with white dial but I read that like everybody here prefers it from GF so I was wondering if the one in the NWBIG List is maybe the 100 XL?

It is the replica of the previous version of the Santos not the new version 2018> The Cartier Santos 100 XL Ref:2656 . I am not sure if they are still made by V6 , you will have to contact a TD .They occasionally come up in the M2M sales .If you can get one the strap will need changing they are plastic shite ( if not already done in M2M) , the watch is great though .

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony12345

Tony12345

29/5/20
It is the replica of the previous version of the Santos not the new version 2018> The Cartier Santos 100 XL Ref:2656 . I am not sure if they are still made by V6 , you will have to contact a TD .They occasionally come up in the M2M sales .If you can get one the strap will need changing they are plastic shite ( if not already done in M2M) , the watch is great though .

okay, that explains it, thanks for the Info!
actually I even prefer the 2018 model and was wondering, that everybody is just talking about the GF one and not the V6F while the GF one isn’t on the NWBIG List yet.

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
Hey folks. I read a lot of good things about the Pam 687 SF which is on this list however I’ve also been reading the the new 697 ZF has surpassed it as the one to beat. Any opinions on this or does the Consensual list’s SF pick still reign true?

Reactions: Jammydodger79