• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Help please! Absolute newbie here so please forgive the question. I'm new to this forum but also new to using forums in general, so again, thank you for your patience and help.

I am interested in buying a Rolex, specifically a Datejust or Daydate. My question is based on this list how do we know who to buy from once we find the model we like. For instance, we have the list below and based on it can someone identify who to buy from (dealer) for the Datejust and Daydate? Also, how do I find the dealer in the trusted dealer list as I didn't find any dealers whose names remotely matched any words on this list? Again guys I really appreciate your help!

Rolex DateJust 41 - 126334 by ARF
Rolex Explorer (214270) SH3135 V2 (JF)
Rolex Day Date 18239 TW Best/WM9
Rolex Daytona 116500 (Asia 4130 Mod) White/Stk - Noob
Rolex Daytona 116520 (Asia 4130 Mod) - Noob
Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF v2
Rolex Submariner No Date ZZF v2
Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 (116660) ARF 904L Steel SH3135
Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 (116600) Noob V2
Rolex Sea Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 904L ARF & Noob (latest versions)
Rolex Yacht-Master Rhodium/Blue Noob 904L Steel SA3135

Hey, welcome to RWI!

Check out this post for a selection of interesting threads on our forum to get you on your way!
New Members - WELCOME! Must reads and interesting info, START HERE!

Enjoy! :D

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Grand_Nagus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/20
Contact any dealer on the TD list, tell him what watch you want. That’s it

Thank you Sir. After a lot of time on here I think I kind of understand how this is working now. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Have a great day. :)

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thank you Sir. After a lot of time on here I think I kind of understand how this is working now. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Have a great day. :)

My pleasure, and you too :)

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
Hey all, newbie here again. Am I missing something or is this a relatively old list? I've been searching high and low for some sort of list like this for super-reps - Rolex in particular. For example the following on the Rolex section belong to makers who are not around anymore. Does anyone have a lead where I can track down super-reps for 2019/2020? THANKS!

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Hey all, newbie here again. Am I missing something or is this a relatively old list? I've been searching high and low for some sort of list like this for super-reps - Rolex in particular. For example the following on the Rolex section belong to makers who are not around anymore. Does anyone have a lead where I can track down super-reps for 2019/2020? THANKS!
You’re on the right place mate. This list is alive so it gets updated as we move along

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
You will not get anything better than this
https://puretimewatch.io/oyster-per...se-and-bracelet-gray-rhodium-dial-sh3132.html

Reactions: J3DD

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

If you are after a datejust or day date, and you want a “Super rep” there really is only one choice.

first forget the term super rep. All the reps has tells, without exception. I would also forget any rep that’s supposed to be gold, it will never have the weight of the original and that for me is an instant tell.

that leaves you with your only option, a datejust. The best 41mm datejust at the moment is a steal 126334 from ARF. It looks good out the box, but if you really want a super rep, I would suggest changing the date wheel and crystal to gen.

with those modifications you will be looking at around 1200-1500 usd total. So it’s up to you, get the watch first, and if you can live with the flaws great, if not, mod it :)

For a TD, I would suggest Li form Jtime or PureTime

Reactions: Grand_Nagus

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hope suggestions are still welcome? I went through every review of the Cartier Santos (2018) on the sub forum, eventually deciding on the steel 35mm GF version. After a few weeks on the wrist, I can't imagine a truer definition of NWBIG. They also did a "super" job of replicating the quick switch end links and proprietary SmartLink system. For the steel version with no date window, there aren't any real points of contention even among the different manufacturers, apart from personal preferences toward finishing.

None of this is news of course, I just didn't see it listed on any tier of the list so I thought i'd chime in. Thanks!

Which model exactly please?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
REMEMBER; EDIT LIST once the editing bug will be fixed:

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF will be added to Super Reps
Breitiling Navitimer 1 by V7 Factory will be added to Likely Super Reps
Cartier W5200025 ZF will be added to Likely Super Reps
Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2019 Real Ceramic Case VSF will be specified "V1 Only"
Rolex Yacht-Master Rhodium/Blue Noob 904L Steel SA3135 will be updated to "..."/VR3135 (blue isn't about the watch, but the hands of the rhodium one, so I'll remove "blue" for it not to be mistaken)

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
In this list he mentioned the oyster perpetual as a super-clone among only 2 more. That said he specifically qualified the gray and grape. Any ideas on the others? Is it’s simply the dial colour? You would imagine if that was the case white and at least black would make the cut; or was there actually a structural difference that disqualified the other colours including blue?

Last edited:

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
In this legendary list he mentioned the oyster perpetual as a super-clone among only 2 more models. I’m only interested in the perpetual. That said he specifically qualified two colours - the gray and grape. Any ideas on the others? Is it’s simply the dial colour being off? You would imagine if that was the case white and at least black would make the cut; or was there actually a structural difference that disqualified the other colours including blue?

Last edited:

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
A couple of people tried to help you out, the spoon feeding is over. Search the model numbers on the forum, all your questions will be answered

Me? Chill out mate, are you an admin? Just asking some questions, and if it really twists your panties up I suggest you get used to the internet.

Oh and a few people did try and help me out, and I'm grateful. Their answers were appreciated.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Me? Chill out mate, are you an admin? Just asking some questions, and if it really twists your panties up I suggest you get used to the internet.

Oh and a few people did try and help me out, and I'm grateful. Their answers were appreciated.

Oh cupcake, I don’t even know where to start with you :) But by all means, go right ahead, keep asking questions, without doing a slither of research.... you are going to be real popular here :)

mac83

9/7/13
Hope suggestions are still welcome? I went through every review of the Cartier Santos (2018) on the sub forum, eventually deciding on the steel 35mm GF version. After a few weeks on the wrist, I can't imagine a truer definition of NWBIG. They also did a "super" job of replicating the quick switch end links and proprietary SmartLink system. For the steel version with no date window, there aren't any real points of contention even among the different manufacturers, apart from personal preferences toward finishing.

None of this is news of course, I just didn't see it listed on any tier of the list so I thought i'd chime in. Thanks!

I think the 40 GF is also up there in terms of NWBIG

Reactions: Tony12345 and J3DD

fuzzmex

2/9/17

I need to get me one of those internets that people here keep talking about.
Now, can someone here tell me where to buy the best internet?

Oski777

25/11/17
How frequently is this list updated? I see 30 March 2020 at the beginning of the topic, has there been any refresh since?

fuzzmex

2/9/17
How frequently is this list updated? I see 30 March 2020 at the beginning of the topic, has there been any refresh since?

At the bottom of the original post you'll see when it was last edited by Omagad, who is the OP.
As for how frequently he updates it, that all depends on whether he has nothing better to do instead, I suppose.