• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
There is a lot of info about it in the AP section. The width of the pinion of the hands is wider than the Gen. legend is an expert about these flaws if you want more detailed information.

Oh thank you for telling me that. Having an fucked eyesight doesn't help at all. Thank you for your time and patience as always my friend.

Reactions: csthe

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
There is a lot of info about it in the AP section. The width of the pinion of the hands is wider than the Gen. legend is an expert about these flaws if you want more detailed information.

Well, legend is it that bad? I mean, 99% watch enthusiasts can't spot it for sure, but an expert would definitely spot it under 1 minute?

Last edited:

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
Omagad Firstly, amazing work with your contributions.

Blue Pelagos V6F 1:1 Best Edition on Titanium Bracelet A5612 V4 is on the list of super reps however I have found what I believe to be an instant tell.

On the case of the gen tudor pelagos there are two number engraved on two of the lugs on the back. One of them is the serial number (this is also done on the rep) but the other is the model number "25600T" https://imgur.com/8unwIIF . in this album you can see what I am referring too.

You can see it is missing on the rep https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...er-strap.html#"

8unwIIF.png
8unwIIF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Eatdirtfartdust

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Omagad Firstly, amazing work with your contributions.

Blue Pelagos V6F 1:1 Best Edition on Titanium Bracelet A5612 V4 is on the list of super reps however I have found what I believe to be an instant tell.

On the case of the gen tudor pelagos there are two number engraved on two of the lugs on the back. One of them is the serial number (this is also done on the rep) but the other is the model number "25600T" https://imgur.com/8unwIIF . in this album you can see what I am referring too.

You can see it is missing on the rep https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...er-strap.html#"

8unwIIF.png
8unwIIF.png

So we both have very different definitions of "instant tell". In what instance are you going to have the back of your watch shown to people whilst wearing it? Also, who's inspecting the back of your lugs? Sure it's a minor flaw in the rep. But it's located in a place that 99.99999% of people will never ever look.

In what world would that remove the super rep status? Are you trying to fake it to Tudor dealers? If so, the movement is different. That's going to be quite a big give-away. But who cares? It's about what it looks like on the wrist. A tiny code missing on the rear of a lug, which could even be explained by a manufacturing mistake isn't a "instant tell".

Reactions: RiffRalf

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
I am a man of exacting standards. An instant tell to me encompasses a defect that results from an entire element missing from the watch. The fact that the model number is not on the watch is clearly a major misstep. We are a community that aims to pursue perfection hence our detest for mediocrity. I believe being able to highlight flaws in a "super" rep is something to be celebrated and not relegated to the realms of "over-analysis"

Last edited:

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
The missing model number on the back would never keep me from buying the watch.
But kudos for spotting the difference. As to whether it should make it lose status... I don’t think I’m qualified to weigh in.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I am a man of exacting standards. An instant tell to me encompasses a defect that results from an entire element missing from the watch. The fact that the model number is not on the watch is clearly a major misstep. We are a community that aims to pursue perfection hence our detest for mediocrity. I believe being able to highlight flaws in a "super" rep is something to be celebrated and not relegated to the realms of "over-analysis"

Exacting standards? I would suggest the rep game isn't for you. Most people here, neigh on 99% I have spoken to or read posts here. Accept that flaws are common place. They are to be expected... you can't expect a 1-1 clone, you'll just end up being disappointed. Perfection? You realise these watches are made by Chinese factories that want to sell you more watches? They don't particularly want to make you a 100% clone. They want to make a 95% clone with a different flaw each time, so you keep coming back and buying their slightly improved "new" version...

If the lug serial is the only thing wrong with the watch and that prevents you from considering it a "super rep" well I'm sorry... but there are no super reps in existence then. They all have very minor flaws. But that doesn't stop them being a super rep... it's just the way this game works. "our detest for mediocrity" I just dont even...

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Exacting standards? I would suggest the rep game isn't for you. Most people here, neigh on 99% I have spoken to or read posts here. Accept that flaws are common place. They are to be expected... you can't expect a 1-1 clone, you'll just end up being disappointed. Perfection? You realise these watches are made by Chinese factories that want to sell you more watches? They don't particularly want to make you a 100% clone. They want to make a 95% clone with a different flaw each time, so you keep coming back and buying their slightly improved "new" version...

If the lug serial is the only thing wrong with the watch and that prevents you from considering it a "super rep" well I'm sorry... but there are no super reps in existence then. They all have very minor flaws. But that doesn't stop them being a super rep... it's just the way this game works. "our detest for mediocrity" I just dont even...

Sonofalich spitting truth once again.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well, legend is it that bad? I mean, 99% watch enthusiasts can't spot it for sure, but an expert would definitely spot it under 1 minute?

It is bad if you know where to look, but if you do not know about the flaw, it will look like a regular feature to you. I will say 3 seconds for an expert to call out the hand base size.

Basile

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Hello, I want to buy the seamaster 300 by vsf.
Everybody says the seamaster 300M is such a good rep, but I like the Seamaster 300 Omega Master Co‑Axial 41 mm more.
Is that the same quality and as good as the 300M?

xakche

Horology Curious
26/5/19
Hi guys,

Can you please advise me on this one :

Rolex Sub 16610 TC

Which factory makes it ? I tried to find TC factory but without any success

Thank you in advance for your response !

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Rolex Sub 16610 TC

TC factory doesn't exist anymore. You can use the forum as to why this is and also google. But you can find TC watches on M2M. If you look at the M2M sales section this is your best bet.

julien99999999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/18
Hi guys,
Rolex Sub 16610 TC

TC stopped making fake watches to build gen cars in France: renault.fr
Some people say his cars are overpriced and made in china.
But this full story could be just a legend