• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Benjijohnson

Horology Curious
28/4/19
Wigan
Wow, such a great thread! For a complete novice like me this is such a good starting point for me to refer to. Huge thanks

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
Omagad I would consider to replace the old noob yacht master 116622 grey dial with the new one in NWBIG since it is basically the same watch but with 904l steel and a more reliable movement from vsf would you guys agree ? I can go more in detail when I receive the new one and compare it.

Reactions: wkim8732

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
The lack of a free sprung balance will prevent the Omega reps with open case backs from achieving "Super Rep" status.

Omagad Must the clones have the exact dimensions as the Gen, especially thickness to achieve first class status? I have been looking at the VSF PO 600M GMT and the only external flaw I can spot is the thickness at 16.5mm, Gen at 17.25mm.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
The lack of a free sprung balance will prevent the Omega reps with open case backs from achieving "Super Rep" status.

Omagad Must the clones have the exact dimensions as the Gen, especially thickness to achieve first class status? I have been looking at the VSF PO 600M GMT and the only external flaw I can spot is the thickness at 16.5mm, Gen at 17.25mm.

Thickness doesn't prevent First Class status, no.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Omagad I would consider to replace the old noob yacht master 116622 grey dial with the new one in NWBIG since it is basically the same watch but with 904l steel and a more reliable movement from vsf would you guys agree ? I can go more in detail when I receive the new one and compare it.

Link to a thread talking about the new one please :)

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
When you ask these things, you should let us know why you think it would and then we can discuss.

Omagad
RE: Omega Planet Ocean 600m GMT (Black/Orange) VSF 8605

Regarding this model, the only flaws I can see is lack of a free sprung balance and thickness at 16.5mm.

Regarding the engraved bezel markings, I am not sure if the gen markings are flush on the bezel. I have no gen for comparison for this particular model, only videos and photos online. When I inspect these photos & videos, I can observe that shadows form on the bezel markings in certain angles. Regardless, I doubt anyone can spot this supposed flaw in person.

The matter on the case thickness, 17.25mm gen vs 16.5mm rep. I doubt anyone can eyeball measure this difference in thickness even with the gen in hand. IMHO, use of a caliper is required to measure this difference in case thickness. Without it, its imperceptible.

There is also a matter of finishing. Since this is a rep I doubt the level of finish on the indices and hands will have the same level as that on the gen. The rough edges are not apparent without high magnification and a light source to highlight the rough finishing.

Like all Omega reps with open case backs, the existence of a regulating level is an instant tell. However, this requires the removal of the watch from the owner's hand to be apparent. As long as the watch is worn, it's impossible to know the watch is a rep in person.

However, given the flaw in thickness and the visible regulating arm through the caseback, I submit this model cannot be considered super rep because of these flaws. I submit however, that this will pass as a first class rep, just like the other VSF PO's with superclone movements.

Last edited:

Gaccount86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
I’m surprised the new ZZF subs isn’t on any lists here. There have been detailed comparisons among top factories and they seem to fare pretty well.

reptime101

15/9/18
Not IMO. The hands base is one big tell

Yes, I think the "Super Rep" section needs a cleansing. A lot of research is available in each respective brand section, enough to do due diligence. If there isn't enough information available, then the watch should be moved down one section into "First Class", and not kept as a "Super Rep" with a question mark next to it. A lot of users depend on this list now a days and I think we should limit the best of the best, to watches that actually deserve the title.

Reactions: csthe

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
is the Audemars Piguet ROO Diver JF V9.5 really a super rep though?

far away from being a super rep. I really like the watch. But it has a few instant tells when looking at it closely for 3 seconds lol
High beat movement. No lume „ghost“ lines around the numbers. Quite huge pinion hole where the seconds hand is fixed in the middle. The bezel is not made well as the edges of the polished part don‘t align well with the brushed part. The rubber strap is too soft and rough. The gen strap is harder and not so rough feeling.
Too many tells for being a super rep imo.

I would say the VSF Omega Speedmaster Diver 300M is a super rep and has to be added to the list. What do you think?
Since it also has the black balance wheel now and the smaller pearl on the bezel.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
far away from being a super rep. I really like the watch. But it has a few instant tells when looking at it closely for 3 seconds lol
High beat movement. No lume „ghost“ lines around the numbers. Quite huge pinion hole where the seconds hand is fixed in the middle. The bezel is not made well as the edges of the polished part don‘t align well with the brushed part. The rubber strap is too soft and rough. The gen strap is harder and not so rough feeling.
Too many tells for being a super rep imo.

I would say the VSF Omega Speedmaster Diver 300M is a super rep and has to be added to the list. What do you think?
Since it also has the black balance wheel now and the smaller pearl on the bezel.

Well, both High beat movement and No lume lines around the numbers are impossible to spot with a naked eye, regardless what anyone says, even an expert wouldn't notice. But I agree, I've been considering downgrading it for a while now, because I've refused Super Reps for less than that. So, I'll make a poll and people will decide.

Strap isn't taken into consideration ever, btw.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Well, both High beat movement and No lume lines around the numbers are impossible to spot with a naked eye, regardless what anyone says, even an expert wouldn't notice. But I agree, I've been considering downgrading it for a while now, because I've refused Super Reps for less than that. So, I'll make a poll and people will decide.

Strap isn't taken into consideration ever, btw.

The hands base is easy to spot and is the biggest tell IMO