• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Sorry mate, I did read a bit too fast. ;) I'm in vacations now, please search in the topic, if you still find nothing, I'll try to find why ;)
Enjoy your vacation mate, no rush! But yeah, I've looked up the topic in repgeek and RWI as well as Reddit and other sites. I have yet to see a comprehensive Gen vs smp V2 review that shows the super rep capacity of the smp V2.

However in my experience, and concurring with the gentleman from earlier, the smp V2 is an incredible piece that's extremely close to gen, the caseback movement show being the biggest tell.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
The movement in the Seamaster 300 & PO are not even the same movements so how can this poll possibly apply to the VSF smp 300? That makes no sense at all.

Obviously the smp 300 has an open case back & clearly someone that is intimately familiar with the movement would know but that doesn't at all disqualify it from being an excellent rep.

I'm not the one making the rules about what qualifies as a nwbig etc, but to me the VSF smp 300 V2 is every bit as good as many of the ones that are on the list
I agree 100%, nanook! Thank you so much for your input. We should definitely have a poll for the smp 300m V2. Long overdue :(

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I agree 100%, nanook! Thank you so much for your input. We should definitely have a poll for the smp 300m V2. Long overdue :(

Everyone talks about open case backs and how they are a tell or what ever. I don't think there has ever been one thing said about any tells on the dial side of the VSF 2018 Omega smp 300 in the main thread. Here is a link to the main thread that has been at the top of the Omega section now for basically a full year.: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-300m/page134 There are several members that have been around for a long time including several mods that have praised this rep over and over. I myself have followed the link right from the beginning and have owned the v1 and now own the V2 from VSF. I think there is 100% agreement that the dial side and everything except (maybe the movement) is basically spot on. Here is a pic of the back of my rep VSF SMP 300 V2 & the Gen with a pic from the Omega website side by side. I am not a watchsmith nor am I intimately familiar with the inner workings of a movement & to me it looks very close. Even after owning the rep now for many months I am not confident that I could identify the rep vs a gen if someone handed me both without identifying which is which. I know others will disagree and say that the open case back and the movement is an instant tell, but I am quite sure that not 1 in 10,000 people could tell the difference & that is assuming you hand them your watch for them to inspect both the front and backside. How often does someone actually notice your watch & then ask to see it? In my experience over the past 3 yrs of owning reps it has happened less than a handful of times. I guess it comes down to what your definition of "good enough" or "super rep" or what ever catch phrase you want to use.
32896964507_fd6ec35ac7_b.jpg

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Everyone talks about open case backs and how they are a tell or what ever. I don't think there has every been one thing said about any tells on the dial side of the VSF 2018 Omega smp 300 in the main thread. Here is a link to the main thread that has been at the top of the Omega section now for basically a full year.: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-300m/page134 There are several members that have been around for a long time including several mods that have praised this rep over and over. I myself have followed the link right from the beginning and have owned the v1 and now own the V2 from VSF. I think there is 100% agreement that the dial side and everything except (maybe the movement) is basically spot on. Here is a pic of the back of my rep VSF SMP 300 V2 & the Gen with a pic from the Omega website side by side. I am not a watchsmith nor am I intimately familiar with the inner workings of a movement & to me it looks very close. Even after owning the rep now for many months I am not confident that I could identify the rep vs a gen if someone handed me both without identifying which is which. I know others willdisagree and say that the open case back and the movement is an instant tell, but I am quite sure that not 1 in 10,000 people could tell the difference & that is assuming you hand them your watch for them to inspect both the front and backside. How often does someone actually notice your watach & then ask to see it? In my experience over the past 3 yrs of owning reps it has happened less than a handful of times.
Solid response man. Thank you for the time you took to write up such an informative nugget. I went to an AD recently and checked out the smp 300's they had and found it really hard to tell apart gen from rep. And even the gens have misaligned markers, mind you. Check the attached photos.

(Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I am always learning and hope to improve as I become better at this hobby and a more useful ally to you all)
b8c65b05805b23634055b9934dc017be.jpg
7a289f010d4fc2f4584d7d33f913a3d0.jpg

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
One thing to clarify about the VSF 2018 Omega smp 300: No one is under the illusion that V1 is any good. V1 has the wrong bracelet, the pearl is the wrong size and a couple other minor things that have been fixed. It is only V2 that anyone would argue in favor of any list.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Everyone talks about open case backs and how they are a tell or what ever. I don't think there has ever been one thing said about any tells on the dial side of the VSF 2018 Omega smp 300 in the main thread. Here is a link to the main thread that has been at the top of the Omega section now for basically a full year.: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-300m/page134 There are several members that have been around for a long time including several mods that have praised this rep over and over. I myself have followed the link right from the beginning and have owned the v1 and now own the V2 from VSF. I think there is 100% agreement that the dial side and everything except (maybe the movement) is basically spot on. Here is a pic of the back of my rep VSF SMP 300 V2 & the Gen with a pic from the Omega website side by side. I am not a watchsmith nor am I intimately familiar with the inner workings of a movement & to me it looks very close. Even after owning the rep now for many months I am not confident that I could identify the rep vs a gen if someone handed me both without identifying which is which. I know others will disagree and say that the open case back and the movement is an instant tell, but I am quite sure that not 1 in 10,000 people could tell the difference & that is assuming you hand them your watch for them to inspect both the front and backside. How often does someone actually notice your watch & then ask to see it? In my experience over the past 3 yrs of owning reps it has happened less than a handful of times. I guess it comes down to what your definition of "good enough" or "super rep" or what ever catch phrase you want to use.

Here you go
Untitled.jpg

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hello everyone, I saw that the list now has Rolex 114300 ARF version as super rep. But I am still unclear whether this is the grey dial version only or is it the black dial version as well? thank you in advance

Only the red grape , and grey versions are super reps as stated in the list ( old dial) . The black and white versions ( newer 2018 watch) have some dial issues which need rectifying .

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The SEL height is off as well. Crystal is off too. I suppose this is minor, but it affects how the watch feels to me. I feel more comfortable wearing my ARF 116610 with CF bezel and gen dw. Ideally, there could be another guide created by an experienced enthusiast that lists out a bunch of reps that could be built into super reps with just a few parts.

IMO the JF/ARF red grape / grey dial OP 114300 are easily the best Rolex reps OOTB ..... SEL height is a QC issue , don't see much wrong with the crystal you certainly aren't being called out with the watch . NO need to upgrade mod .

In contrast you have changed the bezel , DW on your ARF . You should also change the crystal . Then have you really got a watch an ' expert ' won't call out as a fake . Me thinks not .

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
IMO the JF/ARF red grape / grey dial OP 114300 are easily the best Rolex reps OOTB ..... SEL height is a QC issue , don't see much wrong with the crystal you certainly aren't being called out with the watch . NO need to upgrade mod .

In contrast you have changed the bezel , DW on your ARF . You should also change the crystal . Then have you really got a watch an ' expert ' won't call out as a fake . Me thinks not .

Do you mean the ARF red grape has less chance of being called a rep than a an ARF sub w/ bezel and dw mods?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
ARF 114300 BLACK should be added as SUPERREP.

i wonder why its not already listed?

Reactions: Faj

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Do you mean the ARF red grape has less chance of being called a rep than a an ARF sub w/ bezel and dw mods?

Yes ! That is how the list on page 1 works chap ! The best reps are in the top section and it contains only 3 Rolex reps ...2 of which you can no longer get except through M2M the TC V6 Sub and TW WM9 Bluesy . Which leaves the JF/Arf 114300 red grape/ grey as the best OOTB replica you can buy . No need for mods or messing around unless you feel the movement needs servicing. Just straight on the wrist and you're faking it .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
ARF 114300 BLACK should be added as SUPERREP.

i wonder why its not already listed?

Because it has some dial issues , check out the gap between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL compared to gen for a start . In case you still can't see it , miles too far apart .

Last edited: