• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
ZF is good in IWC, what you think about IW501005? Nice bronze watch, even movement is decorated to look like gen

Last edited:

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
If it can only be spotted on side-by-side comparison, it's indeed worthy of First Class. Unless there is an obvious flaw we can see at first glance, it will probably be accepted as such.

Completely agree Nautilus 5711 PPF is a First Class. Have one and no obvious flaws in real life. At least I don’t carry a loupe with me all the time :)

Alfio81

Certified
19/9/18
About
Tudor Black Bay Red 2016 ZF (last shield version)
why only the red one ?
SS bracelet or leather strap ?

peniwan

Known Member
28/2/19
Switzerland
Could someone confirm the Omega Aqua Terra 8500 Clone - VSF as a first class rep? I know it is listed as first class but i want to be sure with it. So if there are any opinions from you guys i would be happy about it!

Reactions: Tcc13c

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
There should be plenty of opinions in the Omega sub-forum.

There are a couple of threads dedicated to it in the Omega section and there is agreement on which dials make the list...eg the blue and grey dials have too much of a purple tint.

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
Would the Nautilus Ladies 7118 PF be classed as a super rep? I haven't been able to see any faults in it.

Faj

10/3/19
For me the best Rolex Rep is the Explorer or the Oyster Perpetual with A-ETA or SH movement- no Date no trouble- no bezel no trouble- voila.

Faj

10/3/19
For me the best Rolex Rep is the Explorer or the Rolex Oyster Perpetual with A-ETA or SH movement
- no Date no trouble
- no bezel no trouble-

voila.

Beside of that the new Omega AT is my most fav of all the beloved ones.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
For me the best Rolex Rep is the Explorer or the Rolex Oyster Perpetual with A-ETA or SH movement
- no Date no trouble
- no bezel no trouble-

voila.

Trouble seems to be finding OP's with ETA clone movements... most have 3 series now on TD sites etc.

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
- no Date no trouble
- no bezel no trouble-

voila.

Is this generally accepted or more of an opinion?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Is this generally accepted or more of an opinion?

Well there's some truth to it...

The bezel sure... on some watches like the LV (Hulk) the bezel is incredibly hard to get right. Similarly on almost all the ceramic inserts the lettering / numbers can fade. So no bezel.. no problem is true in that respect.

As for the movements... well actually this is where its an opinion. The 3xxx movements that the OP seems to have (cant find any 28xx on my TD's) these movements are quite unreliable...
A date isn't a hard complication so no fears there.

However dates also on Rolex clones are where it is quite noticeably different to the genuine. Magnification wrong... font wrong etc. So... therefore no date... no problem.

If you look at this list the Grey/Grape Oyster Perpetuals are listed as super clones. They're listed as JF... who are now know as AR factory.. (ARF). From what I have seen they look to be good watches. But the movements are poorly made and you should probably service them ASAP.

Reactions: Tcc13c

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19

The bezel sure... on some watches like the LV (Hulk) the bezel is incredibly hard to get right. Similarly on almost all the ceramic inserts the lettering / numbers can fade. So no bezel.. no problem is true in that respect.

As for the movements... well actually this is where its an opinion. The 3xxx movements that the OP seems to have (cant find any 28xx on my TD's) these movements are quite unreliable...

However dates also on Rolex clones are where it is quite noticeably different to the genuine. Magnification wrong... font wrong etc. So... therefore no date... no problem.

If you look at this list the Grey/Grape Oyster Perpetuals are listed as super clones. They're listed as JF... who are now know as AR factory.. (ARF). From what I have seen they look to be good watches. But the movements are poorly made and you should probably service them ASAP.

Servicing sounds like a pain. Would servicing a 3xxx movement even make it comparably reliable to a 28xx one?

Maybe the TDs will update the Oyster Perpetual with a new movement and then we would not have to worry about this issue.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Servicing sounds like a pain. Would servicing a 3xxx movement even make it comparably reliable to a 28xx one?

Maybe the TDs will update the Oyster Perpetual with a new movement and then we would not have to worry about this issue.

The thing with the 28xx movements is that you can buy a genuine ETA swiss made movement and just swap them over like for like. With the 3xxx, my understanding is that you have to replace it with either replica made parts, ie break another movement or use genuine Rolex parts which is obviously insanely expensive.

A full service however would likely make it much more reliable... as reliable as an 28xx who knows? It's really luck of the draw haha :D

Essentially these watches aren't made in the most sterile/cleanest conditions so dirt/hairs/lack of oil is a real problem. A full service where they disassemble every component. Clean and reoil will most likely make the watch reliable.

But at the end of the day its still just a roll of the dice!

For me it's a bit too much of a burden, therefore I stick to "28xx" movements and if something goes wrong / I really love the rep. I buy a genuine real swiss made ETA movement and then the watch is perfect. If it's a watch you like but dont regularly wear and don't care about a genuine ETA. Then you can buy a cheap Seagul clone 2824 for around 60-80 dollars. Real eta is 150-200.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xabo and Tcc13c

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15

The BP version seems really solid with the 904, its a 28xx movement, but as far as I can tell this wouldnt prevent NWBIG status? I agree that the 28xx is the way too go. I havent found too much info about which explorer is best or what the big flaws are that keep it from being on this list?

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The BP version seems really solid with the 904, its a 28xx movement, but as far as I can tell this wouldnt prevent NWBIG status? I agree that the 28xx is the way too go. I havent found too much info about which explorer is best or what the big flaws are that keep it from being on this list.

I don't think that would prevent me from getting it tbh. If the BP version looks good, and has a 2824 or 2836 movement its a no brainer imo. Just makes life much easier. I don't know about the explorer either... it's a watch I love but could never own. I need a date!

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18

The SEL height is off as well. Crystal is off too. I suppose this is minor, but it affects how the watch feels to me. I feel more comfortable wearing my ARF 116610 with CF bezel and gen dw. Ideally, there could be another guide created by an experienced enthusiast that lists out a bunch of reps that could be built into super reps with just a few parts.