• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
I totally agree with you. Thats why I said that the bezel issue is for me negligible and the PPF is a NWBIG FIRST CLASS. But I still see the point of VMSG and Repworlds rejection and appreciate their eye for minor flaws and the strive to perfection.

Wow, I expected a bit more difference for a rejection but I agree it's not First Class. Maybe there should be a Second Class category? Haha.

I have the ARF gray and grape 114300 rep. When compared side to side with a gen, the crystal feels somehow denser and smoother. It is whiter on the sides of the glass mostly likely due to a whiter gasket than ARF. The lugs on the gen are not as recessed as the ARF.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for this list. It is incredible. Thank you for your work and this is amazing for a new member like myself. I appreciate your hard work. Cheers!

Reactions: Omagad

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Hello guys, how about PP CALATRAVA 5296 in RG by ZF is it now part of NWBIG?

As I browsed the forums, many people says that it is a NWBIG based to them and I would like to know if it would join soon the growing list in this thread.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hello guys, how about PP CALATRAVA 5296 in RG by ZF is it now part of NWBIG?

As I browsed the forums, many people says that it is a NWBIG based to them and I would like to know if it would join soon the growing list in this thread.

A rose gold watch which is actually gold plated will ( should never imo ) never join this list . For obvious reasons . Also it's a Patek the open caseback with a modified movement is never going to look right . The watch looks great on the wrist though especially the SS version which is polished up and hallmarked to look like white gold . Much more longevity than the RG version. Add a nice strap and you have a bobby dazzler .

Last edited:

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
A rose gold watch which is actually gold plated will ( should never imo ) never join this list . For obvious reasons .
I disagree, but it depends on how you see NWBIG and reps in general...

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Tbh I'm very new, but the idea that open case backs downgrade a rep watch is very strange to me. I understand that its a tell... but its only a tell if you take your watch off. I don't see it putting me off really... if they make an attempt to make it look somewhat genuine and the rest is perfect. That to me is a perfect watch. Asking any rep to replicate a PP movement is madness. We're talking $500 reps vs watch makers who spend 123123213213123 x longer on a handcrafted movement. It's unrealistic to ever expect a replica to compete with haute horology open case backs.

Therefore I cannot see a reason why you would negatively judge the movements on the open case backs...

On simple movements where its easy to replicate the look of the movement fine it should be. But when you've stepped into the holy trinity of AP/VC/PP and the wonderful ALS you've got to give some tolerance for these reps...

But then again, that's just my opinion and I am very new to this game. It's incredibly interesting though :D

Reactions: doctorman

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
A rose gold watch which is actually gold plated will ( should never imo ) never join this list . For obvious reasons . Also it's a Patek the open caseback with a modified movement is never going to look right . The watch looks great on the wrist though especially the SS version which is polished up and hallmarked to look like white gold . Much more longevity than the RG version. Add a nice strap and you have a bobby dazzler .

If u talking about how accurate RG or YG , there’s Rep exactly RG like Gen , we know it’s fake Gold but if it closed case back absolutely super Rep
26fe4083c6a846b39c55f76bb873e71c.jpg
f6df44390f794ccb50170a0ff0ca31c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
If u talking about how accurate RG or YG , there’s Rep exactly RG like Gen , we know it’s fake Gold but if it closed case back absolutely super Rep

9332c14b9dd5d3078d1efaf4dc093dc6.jpg
41a5ff88e714e319d5fa1b5837c75f7d.jpg

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

Sorry but 'any' gold plated watch will tarnish , rub and patina gen or rep . They also slowly change colour . You could buy the best and most accurate rep ever made , everything perfect from the smallest detail to the movement. However if after a few months the gold plating is an obvious giveaway , as in you can tell the watch isn't real gold . Then can it be a super rep ? Just my opinion but based personal experience having owned gold plated watches.

Last edited: