• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
To be frank, with a not working function I nearly no watch would consider either "Super-REP" nor "NWBIG".
NWBIG means Not Worth Buying In GEN. But if I want to use ARF's missing Chrono function, I have to buy the GEN (or Noob).

Reactions: Jammydodger79

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
no watch really is 100% NWBIG.. once the case back is opened on most of these on the list the game is over.. im guessing its more based on how they look.. but i could be wrong

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
no watch really is 100% NWBIG.. once the case back is opened on most of these on the list the game is over.. im guessing its more based on how they look.. but i could be wrong

Have to disagree on this. I think a NWBIG watch is one that is a good enough substitute to negate the need for a genuine piece in function and form. How often are you going to open a case back of a watch? Yes any rep will be obvious when the movement is inspected but as long as it works close enough to the original then all is well IMO.

Reactions: Foxxfire

rimonwow

Horology Curious
6/8/18
Is the hublot v6.5 with ceramic bezel also a super rep or only the steel bezel one? Couldnt find the correct info regarding that. Also, does it sit tight around a smaller wrist (16 cm or 6.3 inches wrist circumference)?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Is the hublot v6.5 with ceramic bezel also a super rep or only the steel bezel one? Couldnt find the correct info regarding that. Also, does it sit tight around a smaller wrist (16 cm or 6.3 inches wrist circumference)?

I saw it at an AD and my wrist is the same size as yours. On the last hole it's still a bit loose. The 41mm Big Bang fits perfect though (even the clasp on the rubber strap sits in the right place).

Reactions: rimonwow

rimonwow

Horology Curious
6/8/18
I saw it at an AD and my wrist is the same size as yours. On the last hole it's still a bit loose. The 41mm Big Bang fits perfect though (even the clasp on the rubber strap sits in the right place).

Thanks mate. Is the super rep from v6.5 made in 41mm also?

SingG990

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/15
Do any of the currently available RG/YG wrapped watches have a place on this list? I understand weight would be a major tell however what keeps these out of the NWBIG/Fist class sections? Im referring specifically to those wrapped models routinely discussed like the BP DayDate 228206, BP AP 15400, or BP Nautilus 5711. Seems like a lot of folks are very extremely pleased with the wrapped versions of these, so why not include these in some fashion?
[h=1][/h]

Reactions: Camblin

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Is there any reason why the PAM320 is not part of this list ? At least in the First Class ?

Bit struggling to find why on the forum.

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Do any of the currently available RG/YG wrapped watches have a place on this list? I understand weight would be a major tell however what keeps these out of the NWBIG/Fist class sections? Im referring specifically to those wrapped models routinely discussed like the BP DayDate 228206, BP AP 15400, or BP Nautilus 5711. Seems like a lot of folks are very extremely pleased with the wrapped versions of these, so why not include these in some fashion?
[h=1][/h]

I can't speak for these watches, but I feel that 1 gold plated watch which is very likely a contender for the list is the Longines La Grande Classique in Yellow Gold by JF Factory. The steel version is listed as a probable super rep, and so I think that as long as the gold colour looks correct, then so should the gold one.

The gen is only plated. So there will be no weight discrepancy. Similarly the gold plating on the rep may fade but that's not a flaw since so can the gen.

seherpe

Horology Curious
21/3/19
Why is considered a super rep the tudor black bay red 2016 ZF if it becames with parts on back of strap/buckle are not stainless steel or maybe not polished? it seems like an unfinished watch.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk