• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Same. The quality of the watch is amazing. I think if the ZF JLC Moonphase met the list, the ZF 5296 Calatrava should seriously be considered.

Im trying to get that rose gold & slate dial moonphase. It looks awesome. ZF is doing great when they get an original and replicate it 1:1

Reactions: BlackJaguar

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Im trying to get that rose gold & slate dial moonphase. It looks awesome. ZF is doing great when they get an original and replicate it 1:1

Agreed. ZF is on the top of their game right now. Every release they had last year was a winner.

Reactions: XLR8R

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I truly hope makers focus more on the 1:1 and then branch out to other models & makers. Seems amazing that we have so many variants of Sub and they never just nailed it. I get it, its their biz model, but ZF is just crushing it.

Final thought, if they would nail the 1:1 on every watch, I would buy a couple of different dial variants, instead of trying to "upgrade"

Reactions: BlackJaguar

khalil_v

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/18
Which one is closer to gen:
1 Rolex 114300, 39mm, Grape and Grey dial(which colour)
2 Rolex sub date v9 Noob
Thank U guys appreciate your knowledge

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Which one is closer to gen:
1 Rolex 114300, 39mm, Grape and Grey dial(which colour)
2 Rolex sub date v9 Noob
Thank U guys appreciate your knowledge

Easy the grape...do you need a link to it as well?

GENneral

16/7/18
Rolex Submariner Ceramic (116610) Noob V9 & ARF

Off the box which is better?

Or may - There is a good thread/Review about it?

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Rolex Submariner Ceramic (116610) Noob V9 & ARF

Off the box which is better?

Or may - There is a good thread/Review about it?

Theres an extensive thread discussing the pro’s & con’s of each. Some prefer the Noob and others the ARF. Personal preference but both two great reps!

GENneral

16/7/18
Mistake?

VK9jPL.jpg

Jbrahm

30/10/18
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the very informative list! It helped me get an ARF subbie. However, I do not see many quartz on there. Is there a reason? I would assume they should be easier to make super rep and also maintain as well. There's watchmakers that flat out refuse to work on rep movements, but I think quartz would be largely ignored by these people as we only need them to change the battery. I have my eye on those Cartier quartz pieces.

Flypton

Horology Curious
12/10/17
I wondered about that, too. I don't understand why gen two hand watches (hour and minutes) with a closed caseback aren't repped with a quartz movement. Especially since it is cheaper, more reliable, easier to service and oftentimes the only way to get it down to gen thickness. Most people here could care less about an automatic movement when there is no sweeping secondshand anyway.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
mechanical watches have soul :)
On a more serious note when you get the watch in your hand you can <<feel>> the movement in a way, if you know what i mean.Some do not care, some do ...

Pater_Pen

Known Member
Certified
1/11/18
Why not add the Rolex Daytona 116519LN Noob Sa4130 Version to the list? Its a pretty darn good rep and atelast should be under consideration . What do you think?

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Ive tried the search function but nothing came up.

please help me try to understand. Why is the AP Diver 9.5 a super rep? Or the xf pelagos?

Most people on this forum can call them out immediately? What defines a super rep?

ive seen the Noob no date subs. Those are really good. But Diver and Pelagos?

pls help me understand. Cheers!