• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

patrck17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/18
Hi,

I am posting about the super rep "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m LMPO Noob V5". I am not sure if this has been touched on yet. While it is true that the new version LMPO's are coming with the red tip second hand I have seen 3 sets of QC pics (2 from Supermirrors, 1 from Puretime) that show the case back with text "WORLDPREMIERE" as one word instead of "WORLD PREMIERE". I am willing to bet that all V5's are coming this way. I do not know if this would disqualify the watch since it is on the back of the watch and not the front but I just wanted to raise the point.

Reactions: VIV54

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
Hi,

I am posting about the super rep "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m LMPO Noob V5". I am not sure if this has been touched on yet. While it is true that the new version LMPO's are coming with the red tip second hand I have seen 3 sets of QC pics (2 from Supermirrors, 1 from Puretime) that show the case back with text "WORLDPREMIERE" as one word instead of "WORLD PREMIERE". I am willing to bet that all V5's are coming this way. I do not know if this would disqualify the watch since it is on the back of the watch and not the front but I just wanted to raise the point.

thanks for the input. do you have pics? for me this would disqualify it

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Hi,

all the latest batch has that flaw unfortunately! I hope the next one won't have it.

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
This pic is from another member's post, but it looks the same as the 3 I am referencing:

https://ibb.co/khRWAp

I will post mine when I receive it but it may be a few weeks.

thanks for taking the time to share that. certainly a big tell. if this is the case, then i can't agree it being a super rep - even though it can be seen when on the wrist. i think we need to be a bit more stringent with the term "super rep". otherwise a lot of watches would be super reps if the tell can't be seen on the wrist.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Reactions: LadyGrey

LadyGrey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/18
Ok... so the question is what grade should this watch be?
Super Rep or 1st class rep

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I’d like to chime in for the XF FC diver v2. Overall, it is a great rep that is finished in such a high standard. However, does it belong to super rep or first class rep? I am not too sure, since I personally have not seen the gen FC diver in the wild, so it’s hard to conclude whether it is identical to gen or not.

Most reps are great at dealing with white and black, since it is easy to copy, but when dealing with other vibrant colours, like red, green and orange, it tends to have the colour accuracy problem. Therefore, without comparing the gen and rep side by side, it is difficult to conclude the yellow and white colour(hour hand) are accurate on the FC diver. Noob’s FC diver has a bit darker yellow tone, while JF has a lighter yellow colour, and XF has a really vibrant yellow colour constraining with the black background. (So which one is closer? I can’t really judge without comparing it with gen)

However, I’ve compared the XF fc diver with the gen fc roo chrono, the ceramic bezel polishing in the front is on point, the forged carbon pattern is different(random) on every watch but the texture/shine of the forged carbon is a little bit different, but not too noticeable.

Coloured crystal perhaps is one of the most easy to spot flaws, since in everyday lives when you are walking, your arm would be swinging, which is easy to reflect different light sources. Ap’s gen crystal is colourless, high transparency (1xAR) and truly amazing. XF’s crystal is great at transparency, but sadly I think the coloured reflection is too much for me, since it distorts most of the light colours when reflected. After changing XF crystal to prof 1xAR crystal, I was like wow, it’s absolutely worth and amazing! JF crystal is pretty good as well if you don’t have too much money to spend, but the transparency will not be as good as gen or prof.

No cyclops is as good as gen unfortunately, XF’s cyclops is alright. However, I thought xf cyclops is better than jf when I received the watch, but after close inspection with gen, jf and xf. I think jf’s cyclops looks better when looking from a distance even though it has a blue tint, the transparency of the cyclops is on point. XF cyclops is colourless cyclops, but sometimes it can get cloudy when it has less light, when light hits directly towards the watch it is a completely different story, the cyclops looks so good! Gen is like 2xAR cyclops but in fact it is a 1xAR cyclops with high quality polished sapphire base, so it looks like jf’s cyclops in less light environments, and looks like xf’s when light hitting directly to the cyclops. Prof 2xAR is too transparent, while 1xAR reflects the light different than gen, but the quality on his cyclops is amazing(feels expensive). Mikey cyclops is the best i’d say, it is not as muddy as xf without light source, and appear similarly to xf’s when light is hitting towards the cyclops. Mikey cyclops is pretty close to gen, but I wouldn’t say identical, since it still has flaws, it’ll be the best cyclops that you can buy in the market right now except for gen cyclops.

In the real life whether the dial is wet or dry is not a big issue, but I’m not too sure about the dial pattern. I’ve compare with gen steel diver, the boxes on the rep FC diver looks smaller than gen and the gaps between boxes are larger, not sure if that’s the case for gen FC diver or the dial varies based on different diver models.

Datewheel on xf is truly 1:1 to gen, if not 99%, I’ve took the datewheel out and compare with the gen datewheel disc photos on chrono24. The font is identical to gen, therefore Mikey datewheel is not necessary on this one.

Low beat problem still exists on this one, changing the movement to PM80 or 2846/2846 parts can solve this issue, not really a big problem since it’s hard to notice in real life anyways.

Caseback is different to gen, I’ve compared the case back to the FC diver on the internet, the font, size and engravings on the caseback is incorrect, JF’s caseback is definitely better, but if you don’t take off your watch, nobody would notice that.

I love the strap on jf, it’s more comfortable and high quality, but in regard to the texture of the strap, xf nailed it.

Reactions: Babidi

yatagarasu

Looking Around
6/7/18
Thank you for this. Now it's just a matter of choosing between a Tudor Pelagos or a Black Bay Red. xD

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I’d like to chime in for the XF FC diver v2. Overall, it is a great rep that is finished in such a high standard. However, does it belong to super rep or first class rep? I am not too sure, since I personally have not seen the gen FC diver in the wild, so it’s hard to conclude whether it is identical to gen or not.

Most reps are great at dealing with white and black, since it is easy to copy, but when dealing with other vibrant colours, like red, green and orange, it tends to have the colour accuracy problem. Therefore, without comparing the gen and rep side by side, it is difficult to conclude the yellow and white colour(hour hand) are accurate on the FC diver. Noob’s FC diver has a bit darker yellow tone, while JF has a lighter yellow colour, and XF has a really vibrant yellow colour constraining with the black background. (So which one is closer? I can’t really judge without comparing it with gen)

However, I’ve compared the XF fc diver with the gen fc roo chrono, the ceramic bezel polishing in the front is on point, the forged carbon pattern is different(random) on every watch but the texture/shine of the forged carbon is a little bit different, but not too noticeable.

Coloured crystal perhaps is one of the most easy to spot flaws, since in everyday lives when you are walking, your arm would be swinging, which is easy to reflect different light sources. Ap’s gen crystal is colourless, high transparency (1xAR) and truly amazing. XF’s crystal is great at transparency, but sadly I think the coloured reflection is too much for me, since it distorts most of the light colours when reflected. After changing XF crystal to prof 1xAR crystal, I was like wow, it’s absolutely worth and amazing! JF crystal is pretty good as well if you don’t have too much money to spend, but the transparency will not be as good as gen or prof.

No cyclops is as good as gen unfortunately, XF’s cyclops is alright. However, I thought xf cyclops is better than jf when I received the watch, but after close inspection with gen, jf and xf. I think jf’s cyclops looks better when looking from a distance even though it has a blue tint, the transparency of the cyclops is on point. XF cyclops is colourless cyclops, but sometimes it can get cloudy when it has less light, when light hits directly towards the watch it is a completely different story, the cyclops looks so good! Gen is like 2xAR cyclops but in fact it is a 1xAR cyclops with high quality polished sapphire base, so it looks like jf’s cyclops in less light environments, and looks like xf’s when light hitting directly to the cyclops. Prof 2xAR is too transparent, while 1xAR reflects the light different than gen, but the quality on his cyclops is amazing(feels expensive). Mikey cyclops is the best i’d say, it is not as muddy as xf without light source, and appear similarly to xf’s when light is hitting towards the cyclops. Mikey cyclops is pretty close to gen, but I wouldn’t say identical, since it still has flaws, it’ll be the best cyclops that you can buy in the market right now except for gen cyclops.

In the real life whether the dial is wet or dry is not a big issue, but I’m not too sure about the dial pattern. I’ve compare with gen steel diver, the boxes on the rep FC diver looks smaller than gen and the gaps between boxes are larger, not sure if that’s the case for gen FC diver or the dial varies based on different diver models.

Datewheel on xf is truly 1:1 to gen, if not 99%, I’ve took the datewheel out and compare with the gen datewheel disc photos on chrono24. The font is identical to gen, therefore Mikey datewheel is not necessary on this one.

Low beat problem still exists on this one, changing the movement to PM80 or 2846/2846 parts can solve this issue, not really a big problem since it’s hard to notice in real life anyways.

Caseback is different to gen, I’ve compared the case back to the FC diver on the internet, the font, size and engravings on the caseback is incorrect, JF’s caseback is definitely better, but if you don’t take off your watch, nobody would notice that.

I love the strap on jf, it’s more comfortable and high quality, but in regard to the texture of the strap, xf nailed it.

Great information. Thanks! You are a true expert on APs. I realized this when you mentioned you could spot 20+ differences on AP Diver 15703, which is a super rep in the list.
Actually all reps including the super reps will have many differences from gen. It is inevitable. So I think it is better to get a relatively rare model. FC is superior to SS diver in this aspect.

Reactions: Darude

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Great information. Thanks! You are a true expert on APs. I realized this when you mentioned you could spot 20+ differences on AP Diver 15703, which is a super rep in the list.
Actually all reps including the super reps will have many differences from gen. It is inevitable. So I think it is better to get a relatively rare model. FC is superior to SS diver in this aspect.
Thanks, I’ve studied AP diver for a while now, I’m passionate to buy super rep or mod my watch to super rep standard. That’s actually correct though, I’ve never seen the FC diver on people’s wrist or at store, since the production was so limited and it’s a watch that’s not for everyone’s taste(looks like a g shock/toy watch for some people), so bumping into a person with a gen FC diver is highly unlikely.
The reason why ap steel diver is a solid super rep is because the build quality is amazing, as well as the flaws are so hard to notice on the wrist, and only the person who knows what to look for can tell it’s a rep. Even for me it’s sometimes hard to determine whether it’s a rep or gen just by looking at it in an arm’s length.

Reactions: ubzer