• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
UPDATE HISTORY FUNCTION FIXED ON ORIGINAL POST.

Took me a lot of work. Now you can see the last updates (from last months only and also future ones).

eV5aLv0.png

Larceny

Horology Curious
7/6/18
Hi everyone,

New member here. Got my first rep a month ago (JF AP 37mm). Now looking to get another one - IWC Da Vinci by TW. I read from the OP that it is a super rep but I also noticed that there was a version by MKF. My dealer told me the two are similar.

However, I noticed that the one by MKF is 39mm and the one by TW is 40mm.

Can someone tell me which one is a better Da Vinci rep, TW or MKF?

Thanks.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
How well to you know this model ?

I am ok.... I used to have my ex boss who owned a gen one and I loved it. I waited quite some time before buyinga rep and the JJF is pretty spot on. Closed caseback helps a lot.

This is mine vs gen

9kf8wt2.jpg

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I am ok.... I used to have my ex boss who owned a gen one and I loved it. I waited quite some time before buyinga rep and the JJF is pretty spot on. Closed caseback helps a lot.

This is mine vs gen

9kf8wt2.jpg

Can you make a full review of the model from every angle ? Would be great.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hi everyone,

New member here. Got my first rep a month ago (JF AP 37mm). Now looking to get another one - IWC Da Vinci by TW. I read from the OP that it is a super rep but I also noticed that there was a version by MKF. My dealer told me the two are similar.

However, I noticed that the one by MKF is 39mm and the one by TW is 40mm.

Can someone tell me which one is a better Da Vinci rep, TW or MKF?

Thanks.

Stick to the list.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

This is mine vs gen

9kf8wt2.jpg

From a quick glance, I can actually see some flaws, the words of the logo of vacheron constantin & automatic are compressed closely together and the outer box is quite tight on the rep, the cross on the rep is still a bit thick even though its not too noticeable, the minute marker printing is a bit thick when compare with gen, dial pattern is close but it's incorrect, differences in datewheel (thickness and positioning), backcase engraving on gen is more detailed and clear, the rep rotor is noiser than gen since it's using 9015. However, I got to say this is such a great rep, the polishing is on point and it's extremely close to gen, one couldn't easily tell the flaws without holding a gen next to the rep or know what to look for.

Reactions: stoyania

umirza85

12/6/15

This is mine vs gen

9kf8wt2.jpg

Had this but didnt keep it for long, the date on this in an instant tell, along with the texture on the face is off when compared side by side to the gen.

Reactions: stoyania

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Darude and umirza85 thanks for your feedback guys.

Not Super Rep for sure. Still need to know if it's NWBIG and for that we'll need either a Gen vs Rep comparison or a complete picture feedback of it.

Wickio

Looking Around
26/6/17
You're welcome :)

Regarding the watch, I think yes, it's the correct one. Also, you have big wrists right ? Because 47mm is huge.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my own delayed response!

That's great, I will proceed with the order shortly. This one will actually be for my brother-in-law who has bigger wrists than myself, so I'm hoping it will be a good fit for him! I'll try and get some wrist shots to share when it arrives. :D

As for myself, I'm looking at getting this:

https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-37...-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a7750.html

I'm fairly confident it's the same model 3777-01 from the super-reps list and it's a watch I've loved for a number of years. Does anyone happen to know how the leather straps hold up on these?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Thanks for the reply and sorry for my own delayed response!

That's great, I will proceed with the order shortly. This one will actually be for my brother-in-law who has bigger wrists than myself, so I'm hoping it will be a good fit for him! I'll try and get some wrist shots to share when it arrives. :D

As for myself, I'm looking at getting this:

https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-37...-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a7750.html

I'm fairly confident it's the same model 3777-01 from the super-reps list and it's a watch I've loved for a number of years. Does anyone happen to know how the leather straps hold up on these?

Leather straps from reps are usually terrible.