• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I decided to create a list with two categories. NWBIGs and Super Rep NWBIGs.

Many people talk about AAA+ or 1:1 out there.

I, and maybe a lot of people here, believed, long time ago, that this actually meant something. I was a newbie in this exciting world of Replicas.

I also noticed that, like me, a lot of newbies took a lot of time to understand how it works and kept asking on chat and everywhere : "Hey guys, what's the best watch for this particular model please ?!"

A few days ago, someone told me about the NWBIG list.
I found it very exciting to have a list of Reps you can buy with no second thought.

Of course, I'm not speaking about the Super Reps that people got after going Franken !
I'm only speaking about out of the box Super Reps that you can buy directly from TDs,
without needing to spend hours or days to fix or mod it.

Also, I tried to be as accurate as I could, feel free to add anything you feel important and I will edit.

First of all : You shouldn't renounce to buy a watch just because it's not listed here.
Remember that 95% of people don't look at your watch and only 1% of the 5% can tell a rep from a gen. Don't be worried !

Please understand that NWBIG doesn't necessarily mean "Super Rep".

This thread is not only about NWBIG watches, but also Super Rep NWBIGs !

Any NWBIG is not worth buying in gen. A watch can be NWBIG without being a Super Rep because the tell is acceptable.

But a Super Rep is necessarily NWBIG. That's what this thread is about : Watches that are not worth buying gen AND are very hardly distinguishable from the gen.

I double checked all the watches in every page. I've gone in all the reviews thread I could find for every single of these watches to make sure they actually were considered as Super Reps. I noticed a few of these had issues or were "under debate". Some of them actually were not even Super Reps although they were often considered like they were (with obvious tells (so not NWBIG)).

Once I finished doing the whole thing and after reading around 200 threads, I decided to create this list.

Please, you have to understand that I've been very demanding.
If there is any obvious tell you can spot quickly, it's NO SUPER REP, it can still be NWBIG tho if you need to be an expert in the particular model to spot it.

This list is, what I consider, THE Super Reps list.

In other words, I need your help for that, I would like to create a list that anyone could participate to build, discuss, debate, update; that anyone can USE and that is CONSENSUAL.

If you see any mistake in the list, feel free to tell me.
If you see any watch in the list that has an obvious tell, let's discuss it.

What I want is something clear, easy to read and accepted by everyone (or almost).

Most importantly, remember that even a Super Rep IS a Replica. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION !
There will ALWAYS BE a difference. This is about going AS CLOSE AS WE CAN to GEN.

This thread is about watches that you should not buy gen because the Replicas listed in here are so good that the price difference between the GEN and the REP would NOT be justified !

Of course GEN will ALWAYS be superior even in the smallest way.

PLEASE, if you disagree with something TELL US WHY.

Should it go in or out of the list, LET US KNOW.

And if you see someone that disagrees with you, TALK ABOUT THAT, give us your input.
I will update this list as soon as THERE IS A CONSENSUS.

While it's UNDER DEBATE, I won't.

Since the last forum update, I can't update this list anymore, please click the following link for the updated list:

The FIRST CLASS++ category is basically a SUPER REP on the wrist (with a small (has to be minor) tell on the case back!)

FIRST CLASS category are very good reps, very close to gen, but with one obvious tell for anyone knowing what to look for or with side by side comparison. Please note that there are many watches out there that could fit into the FIRST CLASS category.
This one is only about watches that have been discussed HERE as potential Super Reps and didn't get the status.

I hope you enjoy my dedication and I hope to be part of this incredible RWI forum for long time.
Thanks for reading, please join us ! Any suggestion is welcome.

Credits to those who participated to the original list (@timnic54 and @simonjay, and @ALE7575 for PAMs) and all the participants of the previous thread (too many of you to name), all the guides makers and all of those who will participate here. Special thanks also to Repworld for his continuous will and dedication to enhance this list...

Last edited:

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
Thank you bro. Might want to split breitling superocean abyss and breitling superocean abyss chrono :) both are super reps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I think this list is awesome. It will save a lot of people frustration and money. I will most certainly use it since several of the reps that I have on my list is on here. And the question always pops up, which is.......? So thanks for taking the time to do this important list. Hats off to you.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Thank you bro. Might want to split breitling superocean abyss and breitling superocean abyss chrono :) both are super reps.

Thanks mate, since I'm not sure about the "chrono" one, I'll add it under "probably NWBIG" to let me check :)

bkdc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/07
I guess the jury is out on the Zenith Pilot Extra Special 20 (ZF) and the Fifty Fathoms (ZF)? The dial print is definitely more accurate on the Zenith ZF version than on the V6 version where the print is too thick. Lume is also much better. Caseback engraving is not as deep.

All Tudor Blackbays should be on this list. And especially now that the Shield logo ones (red and blue bezel) are available to silence the critics of the flower logo.

Also, apart from visual appearance, I take issue with any watch with a Miyota movement being considered. :) They are ultra-reliable but not so necessarily smooth or quiet.

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
Thanks mate, since I'm not sure about the "chrono" one, I'll add it under "probably NWBIG" to let me check :)
Thanks. The chrono I'm referring to the noob version that is almost impossible to find (i was able to get 2 tho hehe)

sharebots

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/17
I'm about to order the Rolex DSSD Deep blue Noob V7! When it comes in I'll submit high quality pictures for everyone to see what they think :)

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
BP's SD4K is in no way a super rep in my opinion. Breitling Superocean II by Noob is definitely superrep though I think.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
BP's SD4K is in no way a super rep in my opinion. Breitling Superocean II by Noob is definitely superrep though I think.

You're right, I forgot to remove it from the list.

Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 Noob V2 (SA3135 only) looks superior and I need community feedback on that.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Noob Breitling Superocean II 44 in black? I know the blue has a bezel that's a hair too dark (still great though), but I'm not entirely sure what, if any, tells the black has.

Or the BP navitimer world in black? Only tell I know of is that the sub dials are slightly raised in the center instead of flat like the gen. With the white you can see the slightly yellow crystal, but with black it's unnoticeable.

Or the H-Factory Avenger Seawolf? Basically nailed it, only issue is the HE valve is slightly different. And it uses the notoriously bad Z2 movement, but that can be easily switched out for a 2836.