• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Don't need to be an expert.

Create a topic, ask for feedback and if anyone is aware of potential flaws and invite people to talk about it, you'll do fine. :)

Come back here as soon as you've gathered some feedback.

Thank you

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
I guess the jury is out on the Zenith Pilot Extra Special 20 (ZF) and the Fifty Fathoms (ZF)? The dial print is definitely more accurate on the Zenith ZF version than on the V6 version where the print is too thick. Lume is also much better. Caseback engraving is not as deep.

All Tudor Blackbays should be on this list. And especially now that the Shield logo ones (red and blue bezel) are available to silence the critics of the flower logo.

Also, apart from visual appearance, I take issue with any watch with a Miyota movement being considered. :) They are ultra-reliable but not so necessarily smooth or quiet.

Do we know why the Tudor Black Bay Shield (blue) didn’t make the super rep list?. Purely down to bezel colour tone I assume?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Don't know if it's been discussed but what about the B&R diver ?

GEN
6b3ac8ac54325c7838eb59cffb29eda9.jpg

REP
5425aa51a01e8c4b5b7da822dd1749f8.jpg

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

btoxxahn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/18
Can i ask is NWBIG list watches still have some flaws? is it just most close to gen or "like gen" watch? how can a watch be in this list?
because i just bought a JF 114300 and there are some flaws so im just asking. Thanks for your time

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Can i ask is NWBIG list watches still have some flaws? is it just most close to gen or "like gen" watch? how can a watch be in this list?
because i just bought a JF 114300 and there are some flaws so im just asking. Thanks for your time

Tells and flaws are not the same.

You're probably speaking about tells. All watches have tells, even the best Super Reps. But some of them are so subtle that they could only be spotted with long close look with a magnifying glass and knowing what to look for.

NWBIG that are not Super Reps are watches that are very close from Super Rep, very hard to tell from gen, but if you know the tell you can see it relatively quickly; but only an expert can spot them.

Let's say this : NWBIG can only be spotted as fake by an expert, Super Rep would even be considered as gen by an expert unless he gives it a really close look for a while.

Reactions: phdsjain

carwatch

Horology Curious
31/5/18
May I ask which Super Reps you would recommend for a men's watch for someone with small wrists? 6.2 inch... Much to my frustration because I simply adore Panerai watches but mostly they're too big and there does not seem to be a 'small' Super Rep PAM... Otherwise, I'd get it immediately.

Most watches in the consensual list are big, especially if you count the lugs.

Any suggestion is kindly appreciated...

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
May I ask which Super Reps you would recommend for a men's watch for someone with small wrists? 6.2 inch... Much to my frustration because I simply adore Panerai watches but mostly they're too big and there does not seem to be a 'small' Super Rep PAM... Otherwise, I'd get it immediately.

Most watches in the consensual list are big, especially if you count the lugs.

Any suggestion is kindly appreciated...

JF 114300 Rolexes are the best for small wrist and probably one of the best rep ever created. :)