• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I don't understand why people are so critical of OP's work here.

It's true he took lots of inspiration from the original NWBIG list to start this thread. However, he did not copy and paste wholesale, he added his own input, took multiple user's comments into consideration, did his own research before coming back to discuss about whether it should be added into the list.

I'm not saying the initial thread didn't take a lot of effort to reach the point where they were able to come up with consolidated list where most people agreed upon with the concensus that they were NWBIG.

In my opinion, that thread were more about experienced members having a discussion about whether certain watches were NWBIG while this thread is more targeted towards newer members who just wanted a simple list they could follow to get good watches they wanted, which in my opinion, the original thread didn't do a good job of since every other page there would be people (mostly noobs) asking where the list is.

Both threads are targeted to their own audience and both require effort to upkeep.

Let's stop arguing with each other about plagiarism and remember why we are all on this forum, to have a discussion about great reps and to have great reps.

Cheers!

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks man ! Sending you a PM.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
There can be no plagiarism this is an open forum for discussion. I think a lot of good work has gone into the preparation of this thread. It is IMHO a noble effort to make sense of the information in two other threads. I question the value of such lists of late, and have posted such elsewhere (https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/the-questionable-value-of-lists.380855/) but cast no aspersions on the work put into this one.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
There can be no plagiarism this is an open forum for discussion. I think a lot of good work has gone into the preparation of this thread. It is IMHO a noble effort to make sense of the information in two other threads. I question the value of such lists of late, and have posted such elsewhere (https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/the-questionable-value-of-lists.380855/) but cast no aspersions on the work put into this one.

Totally agree. Thanks for sharing. I agree on your opinion about lists. People have to remember it's only subjective and an attempt to simplify things. It don't have to be considered as something absolute at all.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
I think I wanna talk about the spectre 300 from KW

I do not think it is a NWBIG. It has tells for sure.

1. Bezel is lighter compared to gen
2. Movement is off (Miyota 8215) which stutters whenever it is jerked or at a wrong angle.
3. Crown is brushed instead of polished
4. Dial is not textured, while gen is slightly textured (minor)
5. Markers are not filled enough (minor)
6. Open caseback

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
I would also add the breitling avenger seawolf and superocean steelfish from the HF, great reps with almost no flaw whatsoever except may be their movements

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I think I wanna talk about the spectre 300 from KW

I do not think it is a NWBIG. It has tells for sure.

1. Bezel is lighter compared to gen
2. Movement is off (Miyota 8215) which stutters whenever it is jerked or at a wrong angle.
3. Crown is brushed instead of polished
4. Dial is not textured, while gen is slightly textured (minor)
5. Markers are not filled enough (minor)
6. Open caseback

Thanks, after checking you're right. Going from "under discussion" top FIRST CLASS.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Thanks, after checking you're right. Going from "under discussion" top FIRST CLASS.
I'm not sure if it's worthy of first class status either. I feel it's just a good rep. Definitely looks great. Oh yeah and the bezel action kinda sucks too.

Sent from the RWI App

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Great initiative and great list. An important thing though - I think it's very important that the factory-name of the watch should be mentioned on ALL the watches on the list. I know that it appears on most of the watches but not all...

Another thing- Isn't the Zenith Pilot Extra Special 20 (ZF) superior to V6? (Overall fit and finish + better applied lume and more accurate/fine numbers applied?)

Cheers and thanks for the great list!

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Great initiative and great list. An important thing though - I think it's very important that the factory-name of the watch should be mentioned on ALL the watches on the list. I know that it appears on most of the watches but not all...

Another thing- Isn't the Zenith Pilot Extra Special 20 (ZF) superior to V6? (Overall fit and finish + better applied lume and more accurate/fine numbers applied?)

Cheers and thanks for the great list!

Yeah, I'm adding the factory and version everytime someone speaks about a watch, I double check to make sure we speak about the same thing and I add it. :)

Also, regarding the Zenith, any comparison you have in mind ? I think we already switched these.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
Great Thread Omagad.

So here at last we have the answer to the eternal question:

Who's got the best sub?

From your list there is only one sub you can buy today and put straight on your wrist, straight out of the box.

FIRST CLASS but refused as Super Rep :
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610 Noob V6s/V7

However, I would love to see a 16610 on the list somewhere (one you can actually buy of course).

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Is it really "that bad" ? Do you have a good review I can read ? Thanks for input mate!

I think you can use this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/best-rep-reviews-database.368698/ whenever someone quotes something to learn more about the piece. I go to this pretty much everytime.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/honest-review-seamaster-300-spectre.365815/

He didn't touch on somethings like bezel action among others that I feel make this watch not worth first class rep status.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/seamaster-300-spectre-spc300.281465/ too

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Yeah, I'm adding the factory and version everytime someone speaks about a watch, I double check to make sure we speak about the same thing and I add it. :)

Also, regarding the Zenith, any comparison you have in mind ? I think we already switched these.
Sounds great ! - For instance the Tudor BB doesn't have factory name or version. Have you read comparison regarding AP ROO Diver V7 Vs. V8 from JF factory? I haven't seen a lot about the V8 but looks like a V8 is out.

Regarding the Zenith- I will post a comparison if i find it. I remember I've read about a comparison a while back.

PS! Is the PAM list in any particular order? I mean some of the many PAM' reps must be be better than one another.

Cheers and once again, thank you for your great work !

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

I think you can use this thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/best-rep-reviews-database.368698/ whenever someone quotes something to learn more about the piece. I go to this pretty much everytime.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/honest-review-seamaster-300-spectre.365815/

He didn't touch on somethings like bezel action among others that I feel make this watch not worth first class rep status.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/seamaster-300-spectre-spc300.281465/ too

Thanks guys, I'll check it carefuly.

Sounds great ! - For instance the Tudor BB doesn't have factory name or version. Have you read comparison regarding AP ROO Diver V7 Vs. V8 from JF factory? I haven't seen a lot about the V8 but looks like a V8 is out.

Regarding the Zenith- I will post a comparison if i find it. I remember I've read about a comparison a while back.

PS! Is the PAM list in any particular order? I mean some of the many PAM' reps must be be better than one another.

Cheers and once again, thank you for your great work !

Not sure about the V8 AP ROO Diver. Do you have a good comparison ? I heard V7 was better, but I'm not sure why anymore.

Regarding PAMs, all of these are Super Reps with equal level of precision. If some are better than others, it's .1%

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU

Not sure about the V8 AP ROO Diver. Do you have a good comparison ? I heard V7 was better, but I'm not sure why anymore.

Regarding PAMs, all of these are Super Reps with equal level of precision. If some are better than others, it's .1%
Ok it sounds great regarding the PAM's. Then it's just a matter of style preference. What a privilege :)
I was a little too quick there. The V8 has a display caseback hence to why it's beaten by the V7 with closed caseback. So comparisons won't be necessary i guess ;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

V7 uses a2824 which means you can easily modify it to a low beat movement which matches the gen. It also has a closed caseback. V8 I believe is open caseback and the decorative plate over the crappy miyota won't fool anyone I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk