Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Copterguy, post: 3484658, member: 148902
    Nice, very time consuming I'm sure. I was posting in the other thread how I'm hunting for a rose gold watch that can be classified as a super rep. I know it's always left out of the mix because the colors not right or of course, it will rub off with time. Weight way off. I get it. However, I'd love to find one that LOOKS-WISE is indistinguishable from gen. If anyone has ideas I'd like to hear them.
    If by indistinguishable a watch that is 1:1, you'll always be disappointed. Of course, If you mean something that 99.9% of world population won't distinguish, you can find one.

    I'm not sure tho, as this is about watches that are not worth buying in gen. Hard to tell about a piece that will lose its color over time that it's not worth buying in gen. Remember the golden rule : no golden rep. Or if you do, only one you wear a few times for special occasions.

    Comment


      #77
      Am gonna pull the trigger on JJF latest Classic Fusion V2 soon.

      Review by @Ifcowscouldfly is slick.
      https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...photos.379793/

      Hopefully there will be more reviews and a side by side comparison soon. So far only a side by side Blue Dial is available https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...vs-gen.379384/ thanks to @Repworld

      Do bear in mind the white dial is still using V1 DW. Clearing stock i suppose

      Thanks Omagad for your time taken to compile this awesome list.

      Comment


        #78
        Well done @Omagad you have improved on the thread started by @Dale Cooper, which was a summary of a popular thread started by @timnic54. If this thread is maintained and is kept alive by the members over time, it could become a sticky.

        Here are some things I notice:

        (1) Noob Sub V7: just 6 months to an year ago, enthusiasts and reviewers were raving "this is the closest to gen out of the box, period". Now, it falls down to category "still under discussion"! I guess the the title "best out of the box" would go to 114300 now, or some Pam super reps.

        (2) the Noob explorer II CHS is missing entirely. The only flaws I believe are the slight color difference of the orange hand, and slight hand shape differences. These are not tells unless under some magnification. Should it be given consideration?

        (3) The AP ROO V7 makes many lists, even though the rep is high beat. I wonder if only a very few people can tell the beat difference?

        Comment


          #79
          I would argue vintage replicas such as the wm9 or twbest, subs, bluesy and daydate should be included even though they are not being produced anymore. They have and will pop up in the m2m sales occasionally.

          I myself found out about these from a list like this and got a daydate rep which meets my expectations perfectly.

          I think many people here would be astonished at the quality of these pieces.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

          36mm Daydate/Datejust Replicas versus Homage Watches

          36mm Daydate/Datejust Replicas versus Franken Builds
          Upcoming: Goldplating

          Questions regarding Datejust/Daydate (36mm) Replicas or Frankens? Feel free to ask me anything

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by SuperLory, post: 3484321, member: 114247
            Well, imho the date on the ap diver is an instant tell..

            Unless you specify that noob v which had larger font but the perfect specimen does not exist
            Exactly.

            All of the AP's need some mods and high beat movement is an easy tell as well.

            Comment


              #81
              Nice thread OP but stepping in the limits of the subjetivity, If i where doing this i would stablish standars to consider a watch as a super rep, but this standards should be objetive, such as:
              -case dimensions (height, weight and lugs distance)
              -Case engravings/rehaut (fonts used)
              -Dial dimensions (diameter)
              -Dial printings
              -Dial marks
              -Hands (size and lume color)
              -Crystal
              -etc
              every spec should be measurable and every one should be able to reapeat this measurements at home ( preferably common instruments ), to stablish a patron i would guess a replica know for its high similarity with the gen like 116610 v6s (i think in this watch because its well known that factories have years improving this particular model, "the best sub") then to check how much % is diferent the rep vs the gen using REAL MEASUREMENTS, then to be a super rep a maximal deviation should be allowed.

              it should be avoided criteria like personal appreciation such as color perception, "gen feel", etc. if its not measurable for everyone with precision instruments, it will be way less objetive.

              Comment


                #82
                HEY! Great thread, thanks!!!!
                We will talk here about the watch under debate?
                This evening I will have in my hand the JF Rolex Explorer 214270 that, IMHO, is a super rep.
                Searching Parts:
                TC DWO v4
                Datejust Dial with Roman Numerals

                Comment


                  #83
                  I
                  Originally posted by d4v3, post: 3484972, member: 61199
                  Nice thread OP but stepping in the limits of the subjetivity, If i where doing this i would stablish standars to consider a watch as a super rep, but this standards should be objetive, such as:
                  -case dimensions (height, weight and lugs distance)
                  -Case engravings/rehaut (fonts used)
                  -Dial dimensions (diameter)
                  -Dial printings
                  -Dial marks
                  -Hands (size and lume color)
                  -Crystal
                  -etc
                  every spec should be measurable and every one should be able to reapeat this measurements at home ( preferably common instruments ), to stablish a patron i would guess a replica know for its high similarity with the gen like 116610 v6s (i think in this watch because its well known that factories have years improving this particular model, "the best sub") then to check how much % is diferent the rep vs the gen using REAL MEASUREMENTS, then to be a super rep a maximal deviation should be allowed.

                  it should be avoided criteria like personal appreciation such as color perception, "gen feel", etc. if its not measurable for everyone with precision instruments, it will be way less objetive.
                  I believe he did take subjective and made them objectively apparently since he did his homework and searched over 150 posts and spent several hours developing his list. I happen to love a few of the reps on his list and completely agree that they are super reps. He also did mention that the list is subjective to revision, however you will need to present what should be addressed if need be.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Oh forgot to mention OP, well done my good boy! *tip of the old hat to you*

                    Comment


                      #85
                      @Omagad
                      Thanks, really a great effort.
                      I checked your list with Ale's Pam Guide and these 3 are also considered as super reps, all others are in your list already:

                      PAM285

                      SUPER REP (K-series KW/V6Fac with A7750 decorated like OPIII)

                      PAM571

                      SUPER REP (ZFac P-series w/P,.9000 decorated A7750 NON-inverted Improved ZP9000-V2.5)

                      SUPER REP (KW-V6Fac P-series w/P.9000 decorated A7750 Inverted KP9000-V2). Best option in Nov 2015 for A7750 lovers

                      SUPER REP (KW-V6Fac P-series w/P.9000 decorated Seagull NON-inverted K9000-SeagullV2). Best option in Nov 2015 for Seagull lovers

                      PAM607

                      SUPER REP (KW-V6Fac P-series Ceramic w/decorated A7750 NON-inverted KP9000-V2) The most interesting version for A7750 lovers.

                      SUPER REP (KW-V6Fac P-series Ceramic w/decorated KP9000-Seagull V2 NON-inverted) The most interesting version for Seagull lovers



                      Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Nice work OP.

                        I would add a few non-mainstream specimens to that list as well. For example, the Glashutte Original Sixties is probably bordering on super-rep status, especially the new versions, with the swan neck.

                        Both GF and YL produce a very good specimen - you can see the YL version of the Grey Iconic Sixties in my avatar.

                        The Girard Perregaux 1966 Dual Time is also very close (although it has a Miyota movement and small visual differences with the gen).

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by gamba66, post: 3484825, member: 99321
                          I would argue vintage replicas such as the wm9 or twbest, subs, bluesy and daydate should be included even though they are not being produced anymore. They have and will pop up in the m2m sales occasionally.

                          I myself found out about these from a list like this and got a daydate rep which meets my expectations perfectly.

                          I think many people here would be astonished at the quality of these pieces.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          It might be good on a separate list or as a separate thread.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by r0b9502, post: 3484822, member: 144083
                            Well done @Omagad you have improved on the thread started by @Dale Cooper, which was a summary of a popular thread started by @timnic54. If this thread is maintained and is kept alive by the members over time, it could become a sticky.

                            Here are some things I notice:

                            (1) Noob Sub V7: just 6 months to an year ago, enthusiasts and reviewers were raving "this is the closest to gen out of the box, period". Now, it falls down to category "still under discussion"! I guess the the title "best out of the box" would go to 114300 now, or some Pam super reps.

                            (2) the Noob explorer II CHS is missing entirely. The only flaws I believe are the slight color difference of the orange hand, and slight hand shape differences. These are not tells unless under some magnification. Should it be given consideration?

                            (3) The AP ROO V7 makes many lists, even though the rep is high beat. I wonder if only a very few people can tell the beat difference?[/QUOTE



                            yes, explorer II is very very good
                            https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...rrived.358126/

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by firemedic1343, post: 3485323, member: 153041
                              It might be good on a separate list or as a separate thread.
                              I think your right, these wm9 reps are so old its hard to find anything on thede at all, the forum must have had a cleanup or reboot over te years.

                              Maybe I will try to maka a vintsge replica list

                              36mm Daydate/Datejust Replicas versus Homage Watches

                              36mm Daydate/Datejust Replicas versus Franken Builds
                              Upcoming: Goldplating

                              Questions regarding Datejust/Daydate (36mm) Replicas or Frankens? Feel free to ask me anything

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by bangsters, post: 3483510, member: 143475
                                Thank you bro. Might want to split breitling superocean abyss and breitling superocean abyss chrono both are super reps.

                                Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                                I'd like to add the PAM 613 I picked up from the brother above me @bangsters

                                Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X