• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
All super reps are NWBIG, and First Class too.

First class = NWBIG. But all NWBIGs are not Super Reps.

Regarding the fact that the issue was accepted for a long time, it's because it was considered as minor flaw. Now, most Tudor fans (and gen owners) have heard about that issue and it will be the first thing they will look for.

Therefore, the issue is not acceptable anymore. That's why it has been removed. If you still think it belongs in First Class (NWBIG) list, I can add it to "under discussion" and I'll create a poll in the Tudor section.

I think it deserves a poll in the Tudor section and still believe it should be on the NWBIGs (FIRST CLASS) but refused as Super Rep list :)

I personally think the "rose issue" is a MINOR flaw and will be looking forward to see the results of the poll.

Thanks!

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
UPDATE :

New category created to track watches that didn't get the NWBIG status. (Very nice rep but refused as NWBIG, no consensus reached)
Tudor BB Red Rose Edition ZF - V4/V5 added to that category because no consensus have been reached. See here.

D

d4m.test

I'm new around these parts, and gradually increasing my knowledge. Thank for this informative thread.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
great guide !
the only thing missing imo is availability ,because unfortunately many are not produced anymore

mfrey89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/13
Brand new here and just made my first purchase base off recommendations here. Went with:
IWC 3878 Spitfire V6F
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 (CrPO) Noob
Rolex Explorer II 42mm 216570 Noob (Correct Hand Stack)

Sorry for the shitpost, just pumped to get and review.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
Brand new here and just made my first purchase base off recommendations here. Went with:
IWC 3878 Spitfire V6F
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 (CrPO) Noob
Rolex Explorer II 42mm 216570 Noob (Correct Hand Stack)

Sorry for the shitpost, just pumped to get and review.

You been a member since 2013 and just made your first purchase now?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
great guide !
the only thing missing imo is availability ,because unfortunately many are not produced anymore
Agree this would be very helpful @Omagad this would inhance the list to the next level ie TD available or OLD STOCK m2m (if you're lucky)

Again brilliant list already

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
Agree this would be very helpful @Omagad this would inhance the list to the next level ie TD available or OLD STOCK m2m (if you're lucky)

And picture of the best dial colour to go for. As some may be more super rep in some dials colours than other (e.g. HBB).
But amazing work nevertheless.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
And picture of the best dial colour to go for. As some may be more super rep in some dials colours than other (e.g. HBB).
But amazing work nevertheless.

Thanks guys.

Regarding your recommendations, yeah, but no :p

The purpose of this list isn't to avoid anyone to do their own research but to help them understand what to look for. As stated :

If you decide to buy one of these watches because
it is in this list, please always take the time to
understand WHY it's in the list, check reviews,
make sure you understand what you're buying.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Update : Tudor Black Pelagos ZF V3 removed from Super Rep list because of the bezel font (specially the "40" where the 0 is too wide and the 4 is too skinny).

Added this :

Note that if there are several super reps of the
same model and unless both are of exact same
quality, only the best one will be listed here.

D

d4m.test

Why isn't Calibre De Carter (rubber strap) considered as a super rep ?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It’s super Rep 100% waiting for subdial unseen fix in new Batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk