• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Panamera118

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/17
Bezel is really better on the JF too... actually both are great but with very visible flaws. We could consider this model when one gets it mostly right.

I heard that the bezel WAS better on the JF an that Noob now sharpens the edges of the numbers more... so more gen like... I don't know, but I'll order one these days

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Panamera118

6/7/17
Maybe, but in the topic you've sent it's clearly JF > Noob.

I read the whole thread once again to find some pics of the updated Noob version, and there is a link on page 12/18 (in Tapatalk) but the video doesn't work anymore... but fortunately someone bought it and uploaded a picture in which you can see that the bezel is better now... i just don't know how to upload upload his pic here, but you Can take a look at it

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I read the whole thread once again to find some pics of the updated Noob version, and there is a link on page 12/18 (in Tapatalk) but the video doesn't work anymore... but fortunately someone bought it and uploaded a picture in which you can see that the bezel is better now... i just don't know how to upload upload his pic here, but you Can take a look at it

Please discuss the flaws and issues of the watch on the other topic and lets talk only about conclusions here. :)

D

d4m.test

I know that Ladies' reps aren't as popular as men's, but are there any Ladies' reps that can be considered a SuperRep or even NWBIG?

moneycome

2/5/16
On and off the laptop for 4 days to read till here. Great job I must say. Most people can't be bothered and just complain, but you, I'd definitely buy you a beer or two. Cheers!

D

d4m.test

On top of that I would also recommend YLF's IWC 3714 Portuguese (all models except gold hands)

I'm looking at that rep right now -- could you elaborate on the gold hands model? Why would you not recommend that particular model?

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Is any of the 42mm Pams considered to be a SuperRep? Unfortunary my wrist is to small for the others.....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

D

d4m.test

What a great list omagad. I wish I can contribute but I am not an expert yet. By the way, any new Super Reps in the area of Rolex DJs?

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
I see the Tudor BB Red 2016 Shield Edition has taking the spot from the infamous Tudor BB Red Rose Edition.
The Tudor BB Red Rose Edition has been on the NWBIG list as far back as I can remember and by many considered to be a decent super rep.
I claimed a while back, that if a new version of a current "super rep" from the NWBIG list comes out and tops the older version in regards to being closer to gen, that this new version should be on the list instead and take the spot from the previous version on the list. I assume this is why the Tudor BB Red Rose Edition (ZF V4 & V5) are not on the list anymore? But to all fairness, should the Tudor BB Red Rose Edition ZF V4 & V5 at least not be at the FIRST CLASS list? There is still a lot of people who prefer the Rose Edition who might come in here to see if it's on the list.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I see the Tudor BB Red 2016 Shield Edition has taking the spot from the infamous Tudor BB Red Rose Edition.
The Tudor BB Red Rose Edition has been on the NWBIG list as far back as I can remember and by many considered a decent super rep.
I claimed a while back, that if a new version of a current "super rep" from the NWBIG list comes out and tops the older version in regards to being closer to gen, that this new version should be on the list instead and take the spot from the previous version on the list. I assume this is why the Tudor BB Red Rose Edition (ZF V4 & V5) are not on the list anymore? But to all fairness, should the Tudor BB Red Rose Edition V4 & V5 at least not be at the FIRST CLASS list? There is still a lot of people who prefer the Rose Edition who might come in here to see if it's on the list.

As good as I can remember, Rose version isn't on the list because of the petal issue.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
As good as I can remember, Rose version isn't on the list because of the petal issue.
Sounds about right. The "petal issue" has been a common issue and often mentioned on the forum. I am not trying to argue against it and say that the Rose Edition should be alongside the Shield Edition. If the Shield Edition have less flaws, then in all fairness this is the version that deserves the spot on the NWBIG list. When that has been said, I still think the Rose Edition deserves a spot on the FIRST CLASS list. After all, the Rose Edition was on the NWBIG list and concidered a highly regarded super rep for a long time.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Sounds about right. The "petal issue" has been a common issue and often mentioned on the forum. I am not trying to argue against it and say that the Rose Edition should be alongside the Shield Edition. If the Shield Edition have less flaws, then in all fairness this is the version that deserves the spot on the NWBIG list. When that has been said, I still think the Rose Edition deserves a spot on the FIRST CLASS list. After all, the Rose Edition was on the NWBIG list and concidered a highly regarded super rep for a long time.

All super reps are NWBIG, and First Class too.

First class = NWBIG. But all NWBIGs are not Super Reps.

Regarding the fact that the issue was accepted for a long time, it's because it was considered as minor flaw. Now, most Tudor fans (and gen owners) have heard about that issue and it will be the first thing they will look for.

Therefore, the issue is not acceptable anymore. That's why it has been removed. If you still think it belongs in First Class (NWBIG) list, I can add it to "under discussion" and I'll create a poll in the Tudor section.