• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Experience tells me that you may sit here reading and gaining a lot of knowledge but when you take your eye off the ball even slightly, you start to forget some of the things you learnt over the years and don’t take in as much as you do when you’re hunting the watches you want to buy. When you’re on the hunt, you’re hyper critical and examining the faults at a very large magnification. With 130,000 members here since 2006-7 I’d estimate there’d be 20,000 modestly active to very active at this point (may be wrong). Now consider the populations of our combined countries. I’d say that saying 0.5% could call out a first class rep is being extremely generous. I look at my collection and I doubt that any moderately switched on non-member could call out many if any of my first class reps. It would take something obvious like blue AR when it should be clear for most to call it out and then it wouldn’t be a first class rep. Gen sub owners might call out Noob Rolex divers because if the bezel in low light but the others, I think you’re pretty damn safe with. Not buying one because the rose on the dial is off or something similar is doing yourself a disservice IMO. Plus there are a lot more first class reps than listed here. These are just the ones challenging for super rep status. These days, we’re spoilt. My advice for new members is not to be too picky for your own good. I get just as much enjoyment out of my first class reps as my super reps. Unmodded subs and dwellers are the only ones I’d be cautious wearing in front of gen owners if I didn’t want to be called out. But I don’t give a rats so I get to wear them whenever. Plus the wealthy people I spend time with aren’t watch people so that makes it easy I guess.

That is exactly what I say in the thread. This thread is about going as close as gen as we possibly can, but shouldn't preven people from buying other models.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I'm pretty sure it is. It doesn't have to be necessarily better, it is NWBIG even if it's equally good. And both versions can be considered super reps, right?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I'm pretty sure it is. It doesn't have to be necessarily better, it is NWBIG even if it's equally good. And both versions can be considered super reps, right?

Yes, but since a lot of PAMs are Super Reps, this list only shows the best of each models and sometimes 2+ of them if they are equally good.

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
I wonder if any of the new vsf Pams with the p9000 super clone can be considered as super reps

Sent from the RWI App

Hectormabr

Known Member
23/4/17
2c5e41868c75dbcde0f2a8ac17765bf0.jpg

Received this beauty a couple days ago. Definitely a super rep. Will work on recessing the bezel screws this weekend and post another pic. Have a good weekend everyone!

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I wonder if any of the new vsf Pams with the p9000 super clone can be considered as super reps

Sent from the RWI App
No rep with an open caseback will ever be a super rep. But does it matter really if some nitpicking fanatics say it's a super rep or not? You like it, you buy it and enjoy it :)

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
No rep with an open caseback will ever be a super rep. But does it matter really if some nitpicking fanatics say it's a super rep or not? You like it, you buy it and enjoy it :)
Of course if I like something I'll buy it. But there are models with many versions and different factories, and part of the hobby is trying to find the closest ones to the gens :)
Pam111 and 127 have opened caseback but they considered super reps

Sent from the RWI App

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
D

d4m.test

Thank you @Omagad for your effort to make this extensive list. I found it very helpful for newbies like me. Great job!