• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Imo it's nwbig but not a super rep. The rep is thicker, decorations aren't exact, lume is too green

i can't really say it's NOT WORTH ..the rep is very well done..but there's a comparo between gen and rep since yesterday or the day before (can't recall) and the difference are striking..

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
i can't really say it's NOT WORTH ..the rep is very well done..but there's a comparo between gen and rep since yesterday or the day before (can't recall) and the difference are striking..

That was with the BP with miyota. The v6f is better, although I haven't seen a direct side by side with gen

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Is the carrera v6f SS with black ceramic version and gray dial a super Rep like the black dial one.

Sent from the RWI App

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
not yet a patek that can make it to this list unfortunatly... even thoght im surpised not more AP are listed but only the diver

notniuq

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
Hi all would the bell & ross.br03-93 gmt not considered a nwbig super rep? There was a very good review by a senior member kilowatt on it?

Sent from the RWI App

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
Hey, @Omegad
Why is Portofino in the first class? I mean, what are these obvious tells?
Secondly, should we add some IWC Marks to the list? At least to the first class.
XVIII is not that good, but XVI, XVII and XVII Le petit prince are great reps.

jakekrait

19/1/17
If the ROO (same as my avatar) didn't have a display back, do you think the current v2 JF would be considered NWBIG?

No because the case is still significantly thicker than the gen. Can the case mod to match the GEN thickness be easily done?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hey, @Omegad
Why is Portofino in the first class? I mean, what are these obvious tells?
Secondly, should we add some IWC Marks to the list? At least to the first class.
XVIII is not that good, but XVI, XVII and XVII Le petit prince are great reps.

Of course we could add watches to first class if you're sure they are NWBIG, but you'll have to prove that. :)

Regarding the Portofino, well, that's the consensus I found on most thread, if you want to reopen the case of the Portofino, you can, but will have to defend it and I'll add it into "Under discussion" until we get a definitive answer.

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
Of course we could add watches to first class if you're sure they are NWBIG, but you'll have to prove that. :)

Regarding the Portofino, well, that's the consensus I found on most thread, if you want to reopen the case of the Portofino, you can, but will have to defend it and I'll add it into "Under discussion" until we get a definitive answer.
Mark XVI/Mark XVII/LPP are basically the same as Gen (all from MK). The dial markings are a little different (thinner) on XVI, and the crown is thicker on all of them. Crown is the only instant tell, and obviously only for rep experts. Otherwise, perfect reps, same sized case as gen, even AR is pretty close to IWC standarts (pretty reflective). IWC XVII LPP has the most accurate dial of them all, in my opinion, but again, crown is a tell.
So they might not be perfect out of the box, but first class for sure. I'm completely sure on XVI and XVII LPP, not so sure about XVII. @pippo, could you help me with defending those?

According to Portofino, there are no flaws in it, to my untrained eye. White version is just the best out of the box dress watch rep. Maybe I'm wrong, but it should definitely be a NWBIG.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Mark XVI/Mark XVII/LPP are basically the same as Gen (all from MK). The dial markings are a little different (thinner) on XVI, and the crown is thicker on all of them. Crown is the only instant tell, and obviously only for rep experts. Otherwise, perfect reps, same sized case as gen, even AR is pretty close to IWC standarts (pretty reflective). IWC XVII LPP has the most accurate dial of them all, in my opinion, but again, crown is a tell.
So they might not be perfect out of the box, but first class for sure. I'm completely sure on XVI and XVII LPP, not so sure about XVII. @pippo, could you help me with defending those?

According to Portofino, there are no flaws in it, to my untrained eye. White version is just the best out of the box dress watch rep. Maybe I'm wrong, but it should definitely be a NWBIG.

I'd be glad to hear more about these. Do you have any review to provide ? URL ?

Please, also give me the exact reference of the watches as in the list, as : Brand Model Version Factory.

Thanks.

Dynamitedave

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/17
Abu dhabi
Quick question knowledgeable folk. Regarding the AP ROO Diver V7 super rep - is it just the ss version or are the coloured divers also super rep?

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Experience tells me that you may sit here reading and gaining a lot of knowledge but when you take your eye off the ball even slightly, you start to forget some of the things you learnt over the years and don’t take in as much as you do when you’re hunting the watches you want to buy. When you’re on the hunt, you’re hyper critical and examining the faults at a very large magnification. With 130,000 members here since 2006-7 I’d estimate there’d be 20,000 modestly active to very active at this point (may be wrong). Now consider the populations of our combined countries. I’d say that saying 0.5% could call out a first class rep is being extremely generous. I look at my collection and I doubt that any moderately switched on non-member could call out many if any of my first class reps. It would take something obvious like blue AR when it should be clear for most to call it out and then it wouldn’t be a first class rep. Gen sub owners might call out Noob Rolex divers because if the bezel in low light but the others, I think you’re pretty damn safe with. Not buying one because the rose on the dial is off or something similar is doing yourself a disservice IMO. Plus there are a lot more first class reps than listed here. These are just the ones challenging for super rep status. These days, we’re spoilt. My advice for new members is not to be too picky for your own good. I get just as much enjoyment out of my first class reps as my super reps. Unmodded subs and dwellers are the only ones I’d be cautious wearing in front of gen owners if I didn’t want to be called out. But I don’t give a rats so I get to wear them whenever. Plus the wealthy people I spend time with aren’t watch people so that makes it easy I guess.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
@Omagad thanks for your continued commitment to this list. Please can you consider the following. The Breitling Superocean Heritage, black dial in the list needs to be further identified as 'Noob V2, no longer produced', the reason I say this is because you can get a black SOH from dealers but it is in no way anywhere near a super rep. Just don't want anyone rushing off buying one on the basis of the list, as that would be bad for them and also depreciates the list's accuracy, and your hardwork. There is also now a problem with the Breitling Avenger GMT from GF. The first batch of these should definitely be on the list but the latest batch has completely the wrong Datewheel font, so should not be considered as super rep status oob as it needs a DW mod.