• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

100%

24/4/17
You may have a TD link to the right version?

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Feel like this thread is getting out of hand. The purpose shouldn't be a Q&A thread whether this or that watch is a super rep etc.

Do your research in the brand subforums and suggest it here whether it qualifies for super rep or first class status.

The last posts are all "is this a super rep?", this will fudge up this thread.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Why is it PAM 111 NOOB V3 and not V4 with the upgraded movement that is on the list?

Pam 111 v3 is on the list because they made/updated the list a while ago. In most cases (this one included) when they go from v3 to v4 there are slight improvements.

There is pretty unanimous concensus that this watch is an excellent (super ) rep. I believe that they are still shipping a mix of v3 & v4 parts. Either way v3.5 or v4 is going to be super rep. They are so picky with this one that most people, even after being told what to look for, are not going to be able to tell the difference between a v3, v4 or gen

nodnarb

Known Member
19/5/17
Feel like this thread is getting out of hand. The purpose shouldn't be a Q&A thread whether this or that watch is a super rep etc.

Do your research in the brand subforums and suggest it here whether it qualifies for super rep or first class status.

The last posts are all "is this a super rep?", this will fudge up this thread.

I think the purpose of this thread is to gain consensus, which requires discussion.

However, I agree with you that some are just using it as a way of finding out what tells are present in any random watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I think the purpose of this thread is to gain consensus, which requires discussion.

However, I agree with you that some are just using it as a way of finding out what tells are present in any random watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you guys. That's why whe should ask them to speak about the tells in the specific forums.

If you come with an opinion, lets discuss it. If you just wanna ask "what about that particular model"... it's not the right place to do so.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Pam 111 v3 is on the list because they made/updated the list a while ago. In most cases (this one included) when they go from v3 to v4 there are slight improvements.

There is pretty unanimous concensus that this watch is an excellent (super ) rep. I believe that they are still shipping a mix of v3 & v4 parts. Either way v3.5 or v4 is going to be super rep. They are so picky with this one that most people, even after being told what to look for, are not going to be able to tell the difference between a v3, v4 or gen
Because they made the list a while ago? You mean this list in this thread? Honestly I'm still not sure why it's not V4 that are on this list since the V4 have the upgraded Y incabloc and therefor should be more close to gen as the previous V3 without this upgrade. Does people not agree to this claim in general?

Sent from the RWI App

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Because they made the list a while ago? You mean this list in this thread? Honestly I'm still not sure why it's not V4 that are on this list since the V4 have the upgraded Y incabloc and therefor should be more close to gen as the previous V3 without this upgrade. Does people not agree to this claim in general?

v4 is a super rep for sure

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
v4 is a super rep for sure
And more a super rep than the V3, hence to why the V4 should be on the list instead of the V3.

I've read that the V3 has slightly better finishing on the movement but other than that, the V4 should be more close to gen and therefore be crowned as the best stock 111 super rep at the market.

I'm pretty sure ALE has stated that the best stock PAM from noob is a V3.5 because it has the better finished V3 movement with the same upgrades as the current V4. But still the stock V4 in my opinion surpass the stock V3 even though the movement is not AS well finished as the V3.

Sent from the RWI App

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Regarding the Pam 111 v3 vs v4. There is a thread that was started by Ale who is pretty much the residing expert on Panerai Reps. It's 9 pages and about a zillion posts long. It discussed all the changes from V3 to V4 and in it he chimes in every once in a while and tells pretty much everyone the same thing and that is that they have a mix of V3 and V4 parts. I'm not sure if a True V4 even actually exists at this point but maybe it does. I have a V3.5 (a mix of V3 and V4) and it makes absolutely no difference to me. After having the watch for about 6 months and having worn it maybe 25 times I could care less if it is a V3 a V3.5 or a V4. No way in hell anyone will ever know. Heck after studying pics for about 100 hours it is really difficult for me to tell and this is on the back of a watch........

V3 is a super rep and any improvement on that is certainly still a super rep. Buy it, wear it and enjoy it for what it is!

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Regarding the Pam 111 v3 vs v4. There is a thread that was started by Ale who is pretty much the residing expert on Panerai Reps. It's 9 pages and about a zillion posts long. It discussed all the changes from V3 to V4 and in it he chimes in every once in a while and tells pretty much everyone the same thing and that is that they have a mix of V3 and V4 parts. I'm not sure if a True V4 even actually exists at this point but maybe it does. I have a V3.5 (a mix of V3 and V4) and it makes absolutely no difference to me. After having the watch for about 6 months and having worn it maybe 25 times I could care less if it is a V3 a V3.5 or a V4. No way in hell anyone will ever know. Heck after studying pics for about 100 hours it is really difficult for me to tell and this is on the back of a watch........

V3 is a super rep and any improvement on that is certainly still a super rep. Buy it, wear it and enjoy it for what it is!

I hear you. My point was just that since there is an upgraded version with more gen like improvements on the movement that it should be that (or those versions) that takes the place on this list since they are a better super rep than the V3.
So instead of V3 it should be V3.5 and V4. Or at LEAST add the V3.5 and 4 on this list so that people are aware of them.

But still, I stick to my point. When new better improved versions are getting released they should take the spot on this list IF they are better super reps than the super reps already being on the list which is the case here for example.

Cheers!

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I hear you. My point was just that since there is an upgraded version with more gen like improvements on the movement that it should be that (or those versions) that takes the place on this list since they are a better super rep than the V3.
So instead of V3 it should be V3.5 and V4. Or at LEAST add the V3.5 and 4 on this list so that people are aware of them.

But still, I stick to my point. When new better improved versions are getting released they should take the spot on this list IF they are better super reps than the super reps already being on the list which is the case here for example.

Cheers!

Updated. ;)

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida

Here's the tell that determines a v3 from v4. The v4 HAS the correct incabloc shown in the picture. I believe it's the only thing that was different, correct me if im wrong PAM guys. View attachment 80058

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Here's the tell that determines a v3 from v4. The v4 HAS the correct incabloc shown in the picture. I believe it's the only thing that was different, correct me if im wrong PAM guys. View attachment 80058

No, that is not correct.
Above mentions one of the differences between V3 & V4, but there are more

Be warned...... if you really want to know you are going to spend A LOT of time reading.

Short ver: There are several differences including the mentioned incabloc Y, the screw on the swan neck, the lugs, the crown, the crown guard & the crystal. All of these are minor improvements that are difficult to detect.

the long ver:
Go back to the beginning of the thread I referenced a few posts ago here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam-111-noob-v3-v4-kwv6fac-h-maker-qc-pics-checking.365952/ There is a lot more too, but that is a good place to get you started

tm978275

Horology Curious
17/2/16
New guy here; just wanted to chime in and say that this list is super helpful. Thanks so much!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Lets take this thread back on topic. I am as guilty as the next guy. Sometimes when I know something about a topic and I see something that I know is wrong it is difficult to refrain from continuing down the path. Anyway, I believe that the Pam 111 has been beaten to death here so I am going to stop posting about it. There has been a long transition from V3 to V4. For almost a year now you don't ask for a V3 you ask for a V4 and you get what you get. Most often it is a mix of v3 and v4 parts. Both V3 & V4 are among the best reps out there. In some cases when they go from one version to the next they take 1 step forward and two back, but this is not the case here. V3 is a super rep and V4 is as well. Oh... and btw the v3.5 which is a mix of V3 and V4 that everyone has been getting for the past 9 months is a super rep too...If you have any doubt, you are never going to know the difference and no one, I MEAN NO ONE, else will either.