• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

subliminal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/17
Is there a reason the Panerai Luminor Marina Boutiques Special Edition (44mm) KW/V6F models:

PAM456 "Saudi"
PAM464 "Las Vegas"
PAM546 "Istanbul"
PAM593 "ChengDu"

are not on the list but PAM 411 to 420 - Luminor Marina Boutiques Special Edition (44mm) KW/V6F are?

Spectre007

5/7/17
45e5bc8b77defe39176041ed0e53949a.jpg

I think I would include it in the list because in default configuration you need to take the strap off to reveal the caseback - the bar is simply set too high for open casebacks otherwise.

It's just simply not possible to get this rep better unless they use a gen-spec movement.

Although with that said if they could use the 9### series movements or ETA it would have been much more appreciated. The gen beats at just over 25K; whilst the rep is at 21K

My vote still says it's a super-rep

Sent from the RWI App

It's not a super rep. Anyone who has seen the real one can look down at your wrist and tell this isn't real. To me, a Super Rep should need side by side comparison with a gen to reveal the differences/flaws. It should be that close.

Once you start giving Super Rep status to watches like this, you demean the meaning of it.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
It's not a super rep. Anyone who has seen the real one can look down at your wrist and tell this isn't real. To me, a Super Rep should need side by side comparison with a gen to reveal the differences/flaws. It should be that close.

Once you start giving Super Rep status to watches like this, you demean the meaning of it.

*Anyone* who has seen the real thing huh...? :bsmeter:

There was an idiot on here who went into an AD to get the official strap. Anyway, chill out, you're entitled to your own opinion; I was expressing mine. For anyone wondering here is a gen and the rep side by side - magnified into oblivion, the way we like it

View attachment 75859

Tin

29/4/17

There was an idiot on here who went into an AD to get the official strap. Anyway, chill out, you're entitled to your own opinion; I was expressing mine. For anyone wondering here is a gen and the rep side by side

View attachment 75859

I think we've been through this before. The Spectre is very good but rejected as a Super Rep because of some flaws. The indices are quite different when you compare the Gen and Rep. Someone had done a mod to fill the rep indices with resin to give it a gen look but this list is about assessing the rep before any mods done to it. The sliding seconds hand has also been reported as an issue by many users. The rep NATO vs gen is worlds apart. Don't let the non-super rep status get to you though. It's definitely a very beautiful piece.

Spectre007

5/7/17

There was an idiot on here who went into an AD to get the official strap. Anyway, chill out, you're entitled to your own opinion; I was expressing mine. For anyone wondering here is a gen and the rep side by side - magnified into oblivion, the way we like it

View attachment 75859

Your post makes my point for me. I'm not insulting the watch..I'm trying to protect people from thinking they are getting a super rep when that isn't the case. We should be very careful when granting that status.

You don't get Super Rep status just because I or someone else that is familiar with the watch couldn't tell from 5 feet away. If anyone wore this rep, without me even knowing the "tells" from the forum, I'd know it was a rep. I'm far from an expert and there are plenty of members here that have 10x sharper eyes than I do when it comes to spotting watches.

All it would take is for me to say "nice watch", glance at it and I'd know just like that. Can I do it that with the other consensual Super Reps on this list? For most of them hell no, unless I'm very familiar with the rep and I have studied the tells.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Your post makes my point for me. I'm not insulting the watch..I'm trying to protect people from thinking they are getting a super rep when that isn't the case. We should be very careful when granting that status.

You don't get Super Rep status just because I or someone else that is familiar with the watch couldn't tell from 5 feet away. If anyone wore this rep, without me even knowing the "tells" from the forum, I'd know it was a rep. I'm far from an expert and there are plenty of members here that have 10x sharper eyes than I do when it comes to spotting watches.

All it would take is for me to say "nice watch", glance at it and I'd know just like that. Can I do it that with the other consensual Super Reps on this list? For most of them hell no, unless I'm very familiar with the rep and I have studied the tells.

You take yourself and your crusade way too seriously.

Chill out, no-one here needs your protection - I've posted the picture and people can make their own minds. You think it's not a super-rep, that's fine. From my point of view on the wrist it is; this may not conform to popular opinion

Anyway; I have much better things to do

Ciao

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I think you guys misinterpreted the point of the thread, which was to list watches that have been agreed upon by a good number of people that are at super rep level and thus NWBIG. This isn't the thread to be discussing it, it would be too long and the discussion would anyway be lost if one person was campaigning for watch A and another was for watch B, those two alone would get confused in one page of discussion.

Find the thread for the watch you think belongs here in the NWBIG, if there is none, then create one. Discuss its merits and pitfalls as a rep there. If it has maybe more than enough members agreeing that it is a super rep, then post the watch and the thread discussion here. It's not my thread, so maybe @Omagad has another opinion. Just a suggestion for brevity and argument's sake (pun intended). :)

hcaht

17/7/14
@Omagad - Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. Extremely helpful for newbies like me.

Much appreciated.

flyingMD

Known Member
3/5/16
Let's come back to the point. I got a few of them in super reps and first class.
Currently I am wearing Tudor Black Pelagos ZF V2 frequently. It's really different from other watches I have.
It's giving me really clean matt look from its matt bezel and dial. sapphire glass is also not reflecting light a lot. Really nice watches.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Where does the tudor pelagos lhd from XF rank? Already a superrep or are there major flaws?

Sent from the RWI App

Awesomeo

13/9/13
Where does the tudor pelagos lhd from XF rank? Already a superrep or are there major flaws?

Sent from the RWI App

The LHDs have incorrect crown guards on the XF. XF reportedly have bought a gen to copy, so maybe on the next revision.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
The LHDs have incorrect crown guards on the XF. XF reportedly have bought a gen to copy, so maybe on the next revision.
Mate, can u tell more what's wrong with the CGs?