• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
:kenny:How come the ZZF 116610LV 'Hulk' Sub isnt on the super gen list? Ive been studying all these reps for the past 3 weeks and that one seems to be one of the most legit Rolex reps PERIOD next to the 39mm blue and purple dial 114300 JF/ARF. Fight me.

Then I suggest you study harder for another 3 weeks, because the hulk is one of the hardest watches to fake. The dial and bezel insert are very hard to get right.

CloneThrone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/20
Your jewelery box.
Then I suggest you study harder for another 3 weeks, because the hulk is one of the hardest watches to fake. The dial and bezel insert are very hard to get right.

Hmm, I was comparing a few posts and there was a really good one with 3 reps side by side with the gen and it measured up the best aside from the teeth on the forementioned dial

mayzewin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/20
Thank you for this amazing list. Just decided on an IWC Da Vinci after hours of reading.

reptimenia

Horology Curious
20/12/19
Omagad I think the ARF 114300 shouldn’t be on the NWBIG list anymore until there’s an update. The NWBIG list is supposed to be something where a naked eye can’t tell apart a rep and a gen. With the ARF there is a glaring flaw of vertical distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL. I think it should be moved down a peg until this was fixed. The ARF wasn’t supposed to be on the list anyway, we just honored the JF 114300’s retirement and found this as a substitute.

thoughts?

reptimenia

Horology Curious
20/12/19
Omagad I think the ARF 114300 shouldn’t be on the NWBIG list anymore until there’s an update. The NWBIG list is supposed to be something where a naked eye can’t tell apart a rep and a gen. With the ARF there is a glaring flaw of vertical distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL. I think it should be moved down a peg until this is fixed. The ARF wasn’t supposed to be on the list anyway, we just honored the JF 114300’s retirement and found this as a substitute.

thoughts?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Omagad I think the ARF 114300 shouldn’t be on the NWBIG list anymore until there’s an update. The NWBIG list is supposed to be something where a naked eye can’t tell apart a rep and a gen. With the ARF there is a glaring flaw of vertical distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL. I think it should be moved down a peg until this is fixed. The ARF wasn’t supposed to be on the list anyway, we just honored the JF 114300’s retirement and found this as a substitute.

thoughts?

Thoughts are ! You are on about the BLACK and WHITE dialled versions of the ARF which have the vertical dial print error . These aren't classed as super reps due to this fault . Neither is the BLUE version due to dial colour . ONLY the Rhodium and Red grape dials are classed as Super reps they don't have the vertical dial print flaw you talk about . They have the correct distance/Spacing between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL .They did suffer with poor coronets on the dial/ crown with the first batches in the change over from JF to Arf but this has now been corrected .

Just honoured the JF ? JF and ARF are the same factory the JF version hasn't been made for over two years . The only place you can get them is M2M . The JF was 316 the ARF is the same watch in 904 steel .

The JF/ ARF 114300 red grape or Rhodium is IMO the best Rolex rep you can buy . Now they have solved the coronet problem the ARF is the only Rolex super rep in production .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I would think that the finest reps are those that are made one-by-one, with "genuine" movement (think converted Valjoux), not necessarily those that can be ordered online in multiples. They are pretty much one-offs.

??? Where you buting those from then ? Custom made one off reps please enlighten us ?

reptimenia

Horology Curious
20/12/19
Thoughts are ! You are on about the BLACK and WHITE dialled versions of the ARF which have the vertical dial print error . These aren't classed as super reps due to this fault . Neither is the BLUE version due to dial colour . ONLY the Rhodium and Red grape dials are classed as Super reps they don't have the vertical dial print flaw you talk about . They have the correct distance/Spacing between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL .They did suffer with poor coronets on the dial/ crown with the first batches in the change over from JF to Arf but this has now been corrected .

Just honoured the JF ? JF and ARF are the same factory the JF version hasn't been made for over two years . The only place you can get them is M2M . The JF was 316 the ARF is the same watch in 904 steel .

The JF/ ARF 114300 red grape or Rhodium is IMO the best Rolex rep you can buy . Now they have solved the coronet problem the ARF is the only Rolex super rep in production .

Hey, I actually own a 114300 Rhodium, and help out with QCs quite often. The fonts are definitely not okay. Willing to put photos of my own up if you’d like.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hey, I actually own a 114300 Rhodium, and help out with QCs quite often. The fonts are definitely not okay. Willing to put photos of my own up if you’d like.

My wife has genuine OP 114300 and I own a red grape JF and an Arf Rhodium ( grey).and there is nothing wrong with the font on either rep .As I say THERE is a font on error on the newer model white and black dials the gap is too wide between Rolex and Oyster Perpetual. Stopped me buying one as it's as you say quite glaring.

I also help with QC's and there has been a couple of them ( red grape, grey ) on sale M2M recently and there is nothing wrong with font . I have NEVER seen a JF/ARF with the vertical gap fault .

Thanks for the offer of pictures but I have all three watches in my watch box so know what I am looking at .

I won't be returning photos anyway in some type of debate as I can't be arsed .

I wish I hadn't replied to your post , knew from the tone of it you would tell me I was wrong .

Good luck chap enjoy your watches .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Please do, that would be amazing :)

I suppose it would be interesting because I own both JF red grape and ARF Rhodium and there is nothing wrong with the font . The newer model black and white dial OP does have a glaring font fault with the distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL . NEVER seen a grey or grape with same fault .

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thanks for this amazing list. helped me a lot with sorting out my wtach to go. I think i will go with the AP diver instead of thee 114060 zzf v2 as it seems to be preety good ootb.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I suppose it would be interesting because I own both JF red grape and ARF Rhodium and there is nothing wrong with the font . The newer model black and white dial OP does have a glaring font fault with the distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL . NEVER seen a grey or grape with same fault .

What movement has your arf?

Is there a 28xx Option?

Last edited: