• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Ive tried the search function but nothing came up.

please help me try to understand. Why is the AP Diver 9.5 a super rep? Or the xf pelagos?

Most people on this forum can call them out immediately? What defines a super rep?

ive seen the Noob no date subs. Those are really good. But Diver and Pelagos?

pls help me understand. Cheers!

Can people really though? I was under the belief that the XF/V6F Pelagos was basically indistinguishable from genuine externally, as long as the QC is good and markers & date well aligned etc. The Miyota movement can be loud, but externally basically 1:1 I thought.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Ive tried the search function but nothing came up.

please help me try to understand. Why is the AP Diver 9.5 a super rep? Or the xf pelagos?

Most people on this forum can call them out immediately? What defines a super rep?

ive seen the Noob no date subs. Those are really good. But Diver and Pelagos?

pls help me understand. Cheers!

It think the OP tried to define what is a super rep, a NWBIG etc. and how he compiled the list to the best of his abilities.
Unless we organize a conference where we all sit together with clear definitions, discuss all rep models and come to consensual verdicts as to how each rep can be classified, the whole rep vs gen discussion will not get much clearer than this.
The consensual list is just a guideline as to how succesful a factory was in replicating something.

Credit to the OP for stating in massive font that most people simply don't look at your watch.
And that of those people that do, only very few would be able to say anyting sensible about it, let alone tell if it's a replica or not.

You should simply just enjoy your watch for what it is.
Unless you are planning on selling it on as genuine, or lie to everybody that you're wearing the real deal, the minute details that distinguish real from fake shouldn't concern you.

It was only when I received my first rep, that I started wondering how some people here could get so worked up about details that are barely visible to the naked eye.
I can barely read the words "swiss made" on most reps when looking closely myself.
I'm pretty sure the guy across from me on the train - even if he would be interested - can't either.

Just pick a watch that you find good looking; if it's a quality rep consider that a bonus.

Anyway, just my two cents...

ZTS

28/5/10
Can people really though? I was under the belief that the XF/V6F Pelagos was basically indistinguishable from genuine externally, as long as the QC is good and markers & date well aligned etc. The Miyota movement can be loud, but externally basically 1:1 I thought.

You are absolutely correct I have the XF blue and sold my GEN, side by side look its beyond spot on if QC is on point. There was absolutely no need to keep the gen and simply no way anybody is getting called on it. Not just on looks but in the hand feel as well (after oil bath for the bracelet.)

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Thanks fuzzmex you've said everything I wanted to say.

By the way Zofz013 the Pelagos is 1:1, just like the AP 9.5 - even an AD won't see anything wrong with the DW, you really must be a fanatic to spot the problem on the AP.

I had a Blue Pelagos for a while and a friend of mine had the gen, well, they were the same, that's it.

Jandirrty

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/7/18
I ordered the steel bracelet AP 9 as AP 9.5 was out of stock. Is the V9 still considered a super rep nwbig apart from the font and green hand?

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19
You are absolutely correct I have the XF blue and sold my GEN, side by side look its beyond spot on if QC is on point. There was absolutely no need to keep the gen and simply no way anybody is getting called on it. Not just on looks but in the hand feel as well (after oil bath for the bracelet.)

How is the SEL on the watch? Most of the pieces have terrible SEL.

i recently ordered one. Its not here yet. During QC. The SEL was terrible. But the TD said its like that. Take it or leave it. Not his exact words... but it came up to mean the same thing.

Zofz013

Horology Curious
14/3/19

Got a pic?

ZTS

28/5/10
How is the SEL on the watch? Most of the pieces have terrible SEL.

i recently ordered one. Its not here yet. During QC. The SEL was terrible. But the TD said its like that. Take it or leave it. Not his exact words... but it came up to mean the same thing.

SEL is spot on.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Thanks fuzzmex you've said everything I wanted to say.

By the way Zofz013 the Pelagos is 1:1, just like the AP 9.5 - even an AD won't see anything wrong with the DW, you really must be a fanatic to spot the problem on the AP.

I had a Blue Pelagos for a while and a friend of mine had the gen, well, they were the same, that's it.

Ty for sharing, which Pelagos? XF or V6F?

stampsatit

15/3/16
Noob Yachtmaster A2824 is really close should be in the list because the case is identical to 3135 version