• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
VIV54 I know there are certain watches that also should be on the list but I don't have edit privilege. My own Omega Aqua Terra came out recently and should also be on the list.

Yes mate, also the spectre one. Almost every Omega model VSF produced this year is close to a super rep than ever before. I'm praying that they will release a Speedmaster professional clone in the future.

Reactions: PlastikMan

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
VIV54 I know there are certain watches that also should be on the list but I don't have edit privilege. My own Omega Aqua Terra came out recently and should also be on the list.

Couldn’t agree more with the Aqua Terra, it has been well discussed in the Omega section and the conclusion is clear!

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
The GF is out of stock and, please don’t shoot if I am saying a barbarity, but I recal reading in the forum somewhere the factory being closed due to raids

Oh Boy that’s sad. Thank you for the information though.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The GF is out of stock and, please don’t shoot if I am saying a barbarity, but I recal reading in the forum somewhere the factory being closed due to raids

Correct GF is out of action but rumours have it they will be back soon...here’s hoping!

ywg

3/7/17
IMG_6809.png

Genuine

IMG_6810.png

Replica

IMG_6812.png

Genuine

IMG_6811.png

Replica

IMG_6815.png

Genuine

IMG_6816.png

Replica

IMG_6818.png

Genuine

IMG_6817.png

Replica

Here you can see same weight as gen:
8bf74bdf6b234fa0ae812342cbe05751.jpg

Gen vs Rep:

And here you can see that the end links not folding properly which for some people was a obvious tell it's also in gens, so no flaw at all.

059da37b770ec46307cc0a318563d290.png

Let's don't forget that the movement is a clone movement and has the same features of the gen (power reserve, indipendent hour hand..)

Now you have all the material, IMHO silver numbers one is definitely a Super rep, it's up to you decide if orange numbers, too.

The only major and quick giveaway would be looking at the balance, maybe it's me but I also notice the rotor axle on the gen is more defined and raised higher and has defined sides that are polished. I am not quite sure why makers always get the balance. Easiest way for me to tell a clone apart from gen, based on knowing a gen movement.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The only major and quick giveaway would be looking at the balance, maybe it's me but I also notice the rotor axle on the gen is more defined and raised higher and has defined sides that are polished. I am not quite sure why makers always get the balance. Easiest way for me to tell a clone apart from gen, based on knowing a gen movement.

:picard:...so you notice this on the wrist? Keep in mind it is a rep:woo:

Reactions: Taz71

Punkskelm

Known Member
8/3/17
I just want to thank this op from the bottom of my empty wallet for this list. You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Taking the time and effort to do this. You have my permission for anything. Have a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I just want to thank this op from the bottom of my empty wallet for this list. You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Taking the time and effort to do this. You have my permission for anything. Have a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks mate. :)

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Omegad Cant you remove the extremly oversized fontsize on page one? It is a PITA to load this thread on a mobile, if you just want to have a look at the list and have to scroll so many pages of this ridicolous big letters. The woth of the content does not scale with the size in which it is written.

Reactions: umblackbear359

Mr-Rolex

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/7/13
This thread is amazing. Thanks to everyone who has made contributions!

it looks like the DJF Rolex Datejust 116234 is comparable to its ARF counterpart if not better. Hope we can see more reviews and get it on the list.

repnation

Horology Curious
11/2/19
I'd argue the AP ROO 15703 JF V9.5 is a potential NWBIG, definitely more so than the V9 since it's done away with the open case back. Also, new texturing added to the dial! Not sure if the date font is correct though? If so, the only thing keeping it away from true glory would be the date font, but this could be modded by swapping it out. If it is wrong though, it would be mind boggling considering they had it right in the V9.