• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
I want to say Ale has the 441 listed as a first class rep if memory serves me correct. I love mine a great choice!

Sent from the RWI App

Tin

29/4/17
@Omagad I think some members in the Tudor thread have pointed out that the new Tudor Heritage BB Red with the Shield logo by ZF has made several improvements over the previous rose petal versions.

Perhaps an inclusion for this new shield rep?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Nobody has mentioned the PAM 441 Ceramica

What are everyones thoughts on this? I'm no expert but from the digging I did and comparison pics to gen, I thought the V6F version of this could be considered a super rep.

The new vsf version is considered better, but can't be a super rep due to the gmt function not working as per the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
It does. But on the gen it is 12 hour.

Ah, understood. Thanks for clarifying! Though I find that peculiar because for GMT purposes isn't it easier to reference the exact time with a 24-hr clock rather than 12-hr ? I have a gen PAM 88 which has the GMT function in a 24-hr cycle.

What about the recently released PAM 682 , this doesnt reach Super Rep Status either?

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
The new vsf version is considered better, but can't be a super rep due to the gmt function not working as per the gen.

by the way, further to this point.. isn't a rep only not considered a Super Rep if the obvious tell can be "spotted quickly"?

At least that was the criteria highlighted on the opening post. It didnt mention anything about the rep functioning identical to the gen. I don't really see how the GMT function would be an obvious tell for the PAM441 since it would require at least an hour of observation.

Just my thoughts.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
by the way, further to this point.. isn't a rep only not considered a Super Rep if the obvious tell can be "spotted quickly"?

At least that was the criteria highlighted on the opening post. It didnt mention anything about the rep functioning identical to the gen. I don't really see how the GMT function would be an obvious tell for the PAM441 since it would require at least an hour of observation.

Just my thoughts.

It depends on your criteria. I think it probably should. Others don't

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your input.

The problem with PAM 441 is the open back. :) There a few tells there.

KW-V6Fac released a new version rep of PAM 441 O-series made of real ceramic, the same as KW-ZFac version above commented, but fitted with a decorated Seagull movement with correct non-inverted layout called KP9001-Seagull V2. This movement has a false Power Reserve indicator with the same appearance as gen. The new KP9001-Seagull V2 is based in Seagull ST 2555. This movement has the balance wheel @6 closer to the gen position @7. Features non- inverted layout due to a technical trick the same as above mentioned movements, KW maker has not reduced the Balance cock, but KW has decided leaving the real balance cock without modification thinking of it would remain hidden enough under the the false escapement wheel, and in my opinion this is true, because the real balance cock of KP9001-Seagull V2 remains no noticeable. It is of course more visible that in A7750 version but it goes missing enough. Like in ZFac ZP9001-V2 and KW KP9001.V2, KW has used a false decoration of balance cock in the same orientation as gen has, but this KW decoration is way more accurate than ZFac one. In this way the movement main bridges can get a layout similar to the gen watch, with bridges inscriptions placed in correct orientation. Regarding inscriptions complete accuracy of position it is impossible because, as above said, rep balance wheel is placed @6, then all inscriptions are displaced due to that, but being the gen palced @7 the differences of position are much less noticeable with this Seagull movement .
Although the Seagull decoration bridges around the Balance wheel are less open than gen, the shape of KW decoration leaves a rep Balance wheel “hole†smaller than gen but more open than in ZFac ZP9001-V2 movement, whereas rep balance wheel is really bigger than gen. Besides the false power reserve indicator is way more accurate in this KW version in comparison with the ZFac. Surface brushing finish on decoration bridges is clearly better in KW movement.
The more accurate balance cock decoration, the balance wheel @7 instead of @11 (near @7 of the gen), the better finish of the brushing on decoration bridges, the accurate power reserve indicator and the bigger balance wheel “hole†make this movement clearly more accurate than Zfac ZP9001-V2 movement.
Everything is no perfect, as usually, because KP9001-SeagullV2 has bridges inscriptions thicker and worse defined than gen. This flaw is a bit hit and miss, because there are some KP9001-Seagull V2 movements whit less thick inscriptions but always thicker than gen. In this regard ZFac ZP9001-V2 movement is more accurate than KW.
Bellow is showed New movement KP9001-Seagull V2 in comparison with the gen. Pic at the center shows the movement in the same alignment (see the crowns). The Pic at the right side shows the rep movement rotated to match the position of the gen balance wheel

P.9001-GEN%20vs%20KP9001-Seagull%20V2-%20COMPARISON%20TOTALxxxxxx_zpskzyo8zt7.jpg

GEN P.9001 IN COMPARISON WITH DECORATED KW KP9001-Seagull V2
Center- WATCHES IN THE SAME POSITION
Right side-WATCHES ROTATED TO GET MATCHING. See the crowns in different position (Right side)

Although the inscriptions on decoration plates are better and really good in ZFac ZP9001-V2 movement, KW is actually more accurate. Since the position of balance wheel @6 is closer to gen position @7 we can conclude that KP9001-Seagull V2 is the most accurate P.9000 decorated in January 2015.
Regarding the rest of the watch there are no visible modifications. New KP9001-Seagull V2 decorated movement allows an upgrading of the evaluation. Of course this version is more accurate than previous versions with inverted layout movement, but cannot get a big increase of evaluation just because balance wheel remains placed @6 and the movement still remains inaccurate. So, we can evaluate this rep as First Class rep high level just more accurate than previous version and closer to Super rep status. This is the best option in January 2015 together with KW-V6Fac version fitted with decorated A7750 non-inverted previously commented. Anyway, bearing in mind the placement of balance wheel @6 (closer to gen @7) and the price clearly inferior in this version, I lean towards this Seagull version.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...h-identification-evaluation-selection.107365/

bluntobject

Horology Curious
29/8/15
I can't wait until there are some really nice GMT movements that mirror gen functionality.. Although it's gonna be painful for my wallet when they get that down.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This list of super-reps is great work, and is well appreciated.

I have some points (suggestions, commendations, whatever), as follows:
- A hyper-link to each model (select any TD of your choice) would be nice. This not only addresses the requirements of lazy enthusiasts, but will make sure anybody who clicks link gets to the right factory/model number. More work for you, but hey, you know the tradeoffs.
- I do appreciate that you have left out the Noob V7 Sub. That shows that the list is alert to the times. For the list to become more popular, diligence & alertness is necessary.
- Remove PAM 569 from super rep list. I purchased it. Of course, haven't compared to gen.... Still, Ale's list classifies it as "close" to super-rep or other wording. The PAM enthusiasts are cliquish, they might not give you much response to this list. You will have to do the diligence.
- Look at Rolex Explorer II CHS. Either include it somewhere, or negate after research.
- Same goes for yachtmaster grey too

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

- A hyper-link to each model (select any TD of your choice) would be nice. This not only addresses the requirements of lazy enthusiasts, but will make sure anybody who clicks link gets to the right factory/model number. More work for you, but hey, you know the tradeoffs.
- I do appreciate that you have left out the Noob V7 Sub. That shows that the list is alert to the times. For the list to become more popular, diligence & alertness is necessary.
- Remove PAM 569 from super rep list. I purchased it. Of course, haven't compared to gen.... Still, Ale's list classifies it as "close" to super-rep or other wording. The PAM enthusiasts are cliquish, they might not give you much response to this list. You will have to do the diligence.
- Look at Rolex Explorer II CHS. Either include it somewhere, or negate after research.

Thanks mate. Any particular reason you think Rolex Explorer II CHS and Grey Yachtmaster should go in ?

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17

Getting the wrong factory would suck!

Jezz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/15
Rep bottom
Gen top
What do you think?12ab75c4da8c75f063d861bc061c4780.jpg

20170628_125942.jpg

Attachments

• 20170628_125942.jpg
    20170628_125942.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170628_125942.jpg
    20170628_125942.jpg
  • 20170628_125942.jpg
    20170628_125942.jpg
  • 20170628_125942.jpg
    20170628_125942.jpg
  • 12ab75c4da8c75f063d861bc061c4780.jpg
    12ab75c4da8c75f063d861bc061c4780.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 0

Gwent

Horology Curious
18/6/17
Should the Tudor Black Bay Red be updated to reflect the shield one, as the rose is an easy spot on the older version?

simonjay

1/5/16

Hyperlinks are nice but have short life. TD's change their websites very often, also because they are being shut down by authorities on a regular basis.

Sent from the RWI App

hermesgroove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/17
Just wondering why the Omega CrPo are under discussion?
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 and 45mm (CrPO)

Are there any obvious flaws or is it because of the decorated movement? Does the LMPO have a closed case back?

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Just wondering why the Omega CrPo are under discussion?
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 and 45mm (CrPO)

Are there any obvious flaws or is it because of the decorated movement? Does the LMPO have a closed case back?
Its the open case back. The LMPO is closed case back.

Sent from the RWI App

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hyperlinks are nice but have short life. TD's change their websites very often, also because they are being shut down by authorities on a regular basis.

Sent from the RWI App

Indeed. Welcome btw. ;-)

Should the Tudor Black Bay Red be updated to reflect the shield one, as the rose is an easy spot on the older version?

Please specify your request. :-D

Rep bottom
Gen top
What do you think?View attachment 28819

View attachment 28792

Again, this thread is about community's consensus, not my opinion about a particular watch. Any good reviews I can read ? So I can add it to "under discussion".