Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh damn! Shots fired! I repeat. Shots have been fired!

MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Hyjynx, post: 3489234, member: 72385
      Oh damn! Shots fired! I repeat. Shots have been fired!

Hahahaha, correct use of the meme sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Omagad, post: 3489236, member: 139055
        Hahahaha, correct use of the meme sir.
        Thanks. Anything to de-escalate the building tension here. I'm sure we can all get along just fine. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Hyjynx, post: 3489245, member: 72385
          Thanks. Anything to de-escalate the building tension here. I'm sure we can all get along just fine. [emoji6]
          Of course we can mate, I've been trying to, but you know... sometimes people like to insist so you just have to speak the truth.

I wish we could just cooperate in peace. :-)

Comment

Jeez. Haters gonna hate.

I've read both threads, this one and Timnic54's, and I think they both have useful information/discussions, and reflect a lot of effort on the part of the respective OPs.
            Looking for a 1:1, AAA+++, Movement Identical to Gen, Swiss-Made, Super Replica Submariner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cleebeauregard, post: 3489378, member: 95026
              Jeez. Haters gonna hate.

I've read both threads, this one and Timnic54's, and I think they both have useful information/discussions, and reflect a lot of effort on the part of the respective OPs.
              Thanks man, I share the same opinion. Both have to exist in their own way.

Comment

About time the "list" was updated. Unbelievable job!!

Comment

"Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 and 45mm LMPO"
                  hello OP may I suggest you to use the acronym (CrPO for the first watch) and there are not 45 mm LMPO AFAIK, LMPO has only 42 mm, not sure if there is a comma missing after the 45mm? and both are super reps I agree, you should put in discussion the ploprof, I do think it's a super rep and rarish, as for the 300 I have a couple of stories that you may find interesting:
                  1.- There is one guy in here (forums) that took his spectre to an Omega dealer in London, said he got the watch as a gift and they did sell a gen pectre nato lol which eventually was sold in the forum
                  2.-The 300 is one of the few reps that OP needs to tell in the pictures wich one is the rep and which ones its gen (movement it's really easy to spot tho) but all movements are easy to spot tho.

Comment

Originally posted by platnumn, post: 3489511, member: 41855
                    About time the "list" was updated. Unbelievable job!!
                    Thanks man, happy you like it.

Originally posted by d4v3, post: 3489780, member: 61199
                    "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 and 45mm LMPO"
                    hello OP may I suggest you to use the acronym (CrPO for the first watch) and there are not 45 mm LMPO AFAIK, LMPO has only 42 mm, not sure if there is a comma missing after the 45mm? and both are super reps I agree, you should put in discussion the ploprof, I do think it's a super rep and rarish, as for the 300 I have a couple of stories that you may find interesting:
                    1.- There is one guy in here (forums) that took his spectre to an Omega dealer in London, said he got the watch as a gift and they did sell a gen pectre nato lol which eventually was sold in the forum
                    2.-The 300 is one of the few reps that OP needs to tell in the pictures wich one is the rep and which ones its gen (movement it's really easy to spot tho) but all movements are easy to spot tho.
                    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m 42 and 45mm (CrPO) is in the list in the "under discussion" section.

Comment

I don't understand why people are so critical of OP's work here.

It's true he took lots of inspiration from the original NWBIG list to start this thread. However, he did not copy and paste wholesale, he added his own input, took multiple user's comments into consideration, did his own research before coming back to discuss about whether it should be added into the list.

I'm not saying the initial thread didn't take a lot of effort to reach the point where they were able to come up with consolidated list where most people agreed upon with the concensus that they were NWBIG.

In my opinion, that thread were more about experienced members having a discussion about whether certain watches were NWBIG while this thread is more targeted towards newer members who just wanted a simple list they could follow to get good watches they wanted, which in my opinion, the original thread didn't do a good job of since every other page there would be people (mostly noobs) asking where the list is.

Both threads are targeted to their own audience and both require effort to upkeep.

Let's stop arguing with each other about plagiarism and remember why we are all on this forum, to have a discussion about great reps and to have great reps.

Cheers!

Sent from the RWI App
                      [COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]My Current Collection[/COLOR]
                      Audemars Piguet ROO Sincere Tantalum (Special Order by PureTime) - Pending Production
                      Audemars Piguet ROO Rubberclad
                      Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster 2500 Liquid Metal Noob V4

Panerai PAM 411 Firenze 44mm V6F/KW
                      Seiko SKX007J 42mm

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Previously Owned[/COLOR]
                      IWC Pilot's Chrono 3777-01 ZF
                      Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver JF V7

Rolex Submariner 116610LN 40mm Noob V7
                      Omega 300 Spectre 41mm V6F V2.5 on GEN Bond NATO
                      Hublot Big Bang Stainless Steel Ceramic 44mm V6F V6.5

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Other Reps[/COLOR]
                      Goyard Victoire Wallet | Adidas Yeezy 350v2 Zebra (BC)

Comment

Originally posted by nexezz, post: 3489826, member: 150910
                        I don't understand why people are so critical of OP's work here.

It's true he took lots of inspiration from the original NWBIG list to start this thread. However, he did not copy and paste wholesale, he added his own input, took multiple user's comments into consideration, did his own research before coming back to discuss about whether it should be added into the list.

I'm not saying the initial thread didn't take a lot of effort to reach the point where they were able to come up with consolidated list where most people agreed upon with the concensus that they were NWBIG.

In my opinion, that thread were more about experienced members having a discussion about whether certain watches were NWBIG while this thread is more targeted towards newer members who just wanted a simple list they could follow to get good watches they wanted, which in my opinion, the original thread didn't do a good job of since every other page there would be people (mostly noobs) asking where the list is.

Both threads are targeted to their own audience and both require effort to upkeep.

Let's stop arguing with each other about plagiarism and remember why we are all on this forum, to have a discussion about great reps and to have great reps.

Cheers!

Sent from the RWI App
                        Thanks man ! Sending you a PM.

Comment

There can be no plagiarism this is an open forum for discussion. I think a lot of good work has gone into the preparation of this thread. It is IMHO a noble effort to make sense of the information in two other threads. I question the value of such lists of late, and have posted such elsewhere (https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...-lists.380855/) but cast no aspersions on the work put into this one.
                          After more than 25 years in both, the irony is that the Rep world is more real than the Gen world

Comment

Originally posted by timnic54, post: 3489848, member: 121094
                            There can be no plagiarism this is an open forum for discussion. I think a lot of good work has gone into the preparation of this thread. It is IMHO a noble effort to make sense of the information in two other threads. I question the value of such lists of late, and have posted such elsewhere (https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...-lists.380855/) but cast no aspersions on the work put into this one.
                            Totally agree. Thanks for sharing. I agree on your opinion about lists. People have to remember it's only subjective and an attempt to simplify things. It don't have to be considered as something absolute at all.

Comment

I think I wanna talk about the spectre 300 from KW

I do not think it is a NWBIG. It has tells for sure.

1. Bezel is lighter compared to gen
                              2. Movement is off (Miyota 8215) which stutters whenever it is jerked or at a wrong angle.
                              3. Crown is brushed instead of polished
                              4. Dial is not textured, while gen is slightly textured (minor)
                              5. Markers are not filled enough (minor)
                              6. Open caseback
                              [COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]My Current Collection[/COLOR]
                              Audemars Piguet ROO Sincere Tantalum (Special Order by PureTime) - Pending Production
                              Audemars Piguet ROO Rubberclad
                              Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster 2500 Liquid Metal Noob V4

Panerai PAM 411 Firenze 44mm V6F/KW
                              Seiko SKX007J 42mm

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Previously Owned[/COLOR]
                              IWC Pilot's Chrono 3777-01 ZF
                              Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver JF V7

Rolex Submariner 116610LN 40mm Noob V7
                              Omega 300 Spectre 41mm V6F V2.5 on GEN Bond NATO
                              Hublot Big Bang Stainless Steel Ceramic 44mm V6F V6.5

[COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Other Reps[/COLOR]
                              Goyard Victoire Wallet | Adidas Yeezy 350v2 Zebra (BC)

Comment

I would also add the breitling avenger seawolf and superocean steelfish from the HF, great reps with almost no flaw whatsoever except may be their movements

Comment

Working...
                                X