• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Gen2Rep

Horology Curious
20/6/18
Yup but it's now First Class cause of wrong numerals shape.

re: jf Explorer v2 dial updated

I've seen several posts that said the font was the only thing holding back from SuperRep status.
I've also seen a few discussing the differences in numeral shape and thickness, even the other hour marker sticks.

Linked here is some of the more recent discussion of the numerals.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...4270-2016-baselworld-39mm-v2-jf-vs-gen/page23

My question is what determines the SuperRep status? Hardly distinguishable from gen; obvious tells spotted quickly....is that from an outside observer viewing while on your wrist? Is it after you've handed it to the observer? Is it observer has your rep and a gen in their hands at the same time to compare? Is it just rep enthusiasts looking at pictures online?

I don't disagree there is an inconsistency with the numerals on this jf dial.
However, as an enthusiast looking at pictures on-line, I CAN see the text/font issue without any Gen comparison.

I personally CANNOT see the numeral issue without a side-by-side comparison with Gen.

Also I cannot say I've held either the Rep or Gen in my hands, so I am far from an expert on this.

To quote the OP's def's in the opening post:
"But a Super Rep is necessarily be NWBIG. That's what this thread is about : Watches that are not worth buying gen AND are very hardly distinguishable from the gen."

"If there is any
obvious tell you can spot quickly, it's NO SUPER REP,"

"
Most importantly, remember that even a Super Rep IS a Replica. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION !
There will ALWAYS BE a difference. This is about going AS CLOSE AS WE CAN to GEN. "

Reactions: btoxxahn

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
re: jf Explorer v2 dial updated

I've seen several posts that said the font was the only thing holding back from SuperRep status.
I've also seen a few discussing the differences in numeral shape and thickness, even the other hour marker sticks.

Linked here is some of the more recent discussion of the numerals.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-vs-gen/page23

My question is what determines the SuperRep status? Hardly distinguishable from gen; obvious tells spotted quickly....is that from an outside observer viewing while on your wrist? Is it after you've handed it to the observer? Is it observer has your rep and a gen in their hands at the same time to compare? Is it just rep enthusiasts looking at pictures online?

I don't disagree there is an inconsistency with the numerals on this jf dial.
However, as an enthusiast looking at pictures on-line, I CAN see the text/font issue without any Gen comparison.

I personally CANNOT see the numeral issue without a side-by-side comparison with Gen.

Also I cannot say I've held either the Rep or Gen in my hands, so I am far from an expert on this.

To quote the OP's def's in the opening post:
"But a Super Rep is necessarily be NWBIG. That's what this thread is about : Watches that are not worth buying gen AND are very hardly distinguishable from the gen."

"If there is any
obvious tell you can spot quickly, it's NO SUPER REP,"

"
Most importantly, remember that even a Super Rep IS a Replica. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION !
There will ALWAYS BE a difference. This is about going AS CLOSE AS WE CAN to GEN. "

The 3 shape is distinguishable in 1 second look on the watch. Even unzoomed.

No need to discuss further.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Now you can :)

Last edited:

Gen2Rep

Horology Curious
20/6/18
Yeah I agree it's there...i'm just not sure if I'd really notice that
Thanks again, just wanted to double check the standards for 'SuperRep', very high indeed :)

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
Hello @Omagad
It is more better to delete some of model in the list of PAMs below only shows the bests Super Reps for that particular model.

The Panerai list is behind the times, about 3 years before, most of them are different to order.
KW, HF is a history.

Nowdays noob, HF, KW, ZF all are on the way to give up panerai reps after VSF released it's 1:1 super clone movement.

Last edited:

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Yeah I agree it's there...i'm just not sure if I'd really notice that
Thanks again, just wanted to double check the standards for 'SuperRep', very high indeed :)

Super Rep = Virtually no chance of being called out even by an expert unless you give the watch to him and ask to inspect.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hello @Omagad
It is more better to delete some of model in the list of PAMs below only shows the bests Super Reps for that particular model.

The Panerai list is behind the times, about 3 years before, most of them are different to order.
KW, HF is a history.

Nowdays noob, HF, KW, ZF all are on the way to give up panerai reps after VSF released it's 1:1 super clone movement.

Yeah but a Super Rep is a Super Rep, you can still see it in m2m.

I could add a section "only on m2m" for discontinued ones but it's a lot of work. :)

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Tbh no reps are actually super reps after owning a few of these what so to be called super reps.
For example, the ballon Bleu dial is actually different as the reps numberal plate is more stepped up than the gen.
Side of the crystal is also lack of brushing.

For the Tudor black bay, the gen one has a more 3D font which is mentioned in the thread in the Tudor section. It could be corrected if you change to another aftermarket dial but then there is another problem. Lume is also slightly yellowish when compared to the gen.

Not to mentioned the AP diver, there are actually numerous tells if you wanna know where to look at.

So I am really curious that how do we define which is super reps and which is not.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Tbh no reps are actually super reps after owning a few of these what so to be called super reps.
For example, the ballon Bleu dial is actually different as the reps numberal plate is more stepped up than the gen.

For the Tudor black bay, the gen one has a more 3D font which is mentioned in the thread in the Tudor section. It could be corrected if you change to another aftermarket dial but then there is another problem. Lume is also slightly yellowish when compared to the gen.

Not to mentioned the AP diver, there are actually numerous tells if you wanna know where to look at.

So I am really curious that how do we define which is super reps and which is not.

Yes, we all know that. All Super Reps have tells, even the best PAMs, but that's not the point. You won't notice those tells (because they are so hard to see) unless you're a member here, you know exactly what to look for and we handle you the watch, which will never happen.

Reactions: antotony0203

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18

Hi Omagad, what can you tell about the Pam 438 VSF V2, i've read a lot about it and many are defining it a super rep (the V6F latest version), what you think about it ?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Last edited:
Reactions: r0b9502

Gen2Rep

Horology Curious
20/6/18
Question about yachtmaster, the list says:

"Rolex Yachtmaster Rhodium/Blue Noob SA3135"

does that mean Rhodium Dial and the Blue Dial are both included?
Or does this mean the Rhodium Dial with Blue trim (seconds hand/text)?

I'm interested in the Blue dial, but the limited research I've been able to do seems the color is off on all the factories.
I suppose I don't need it to be exact color, but would like it to 'pop'.

Otherwise the grey/Rhodium dial would do in a pinch I suppose.

Thanks!

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
To be honest, I don't know. All I know is that the new movement is great.

Should ask a PAM guy. You've already been speaking with mysterio in the topic here : https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-p9001/page10

Wasn't there an error in the open caseback ?

don't know if there's an error, what you mean in particular? btw the version VSF v2 was not reviewed completely yet so i don't know really. From the pictures the only difference i spotted was a difference in the lettering of the logo and the brand, more raised in the version in the KW than in the v6F or VSF

Last edited:

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
don't know if there's an error, what you mean in particular? btw the version VSF v2 was not reviewed completely yet so i don't know really. From the pictures the only difference i spotted was a difference in the lettering of the logo and the brand, more raised in the version in the KW than in the v6F or VSF

Not sure, wasn't there something relative to the black color of the back ? Or maybe it was on v1.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Question about yachtmaster, the list says:

"Rolex Yachtmaster Rhodium/Blue Noob SA3135"

does that mean Rhodium Dial and the Blue Dial are both included?
Or does this mean the Rhodium Dial with Blue trim (seconds hand/text)?

I'm interested in the Blue dial, but the limited research I've been able to do seems the color is off on all the factories.
I suppose I don't need it to be exact color, but would like it to 'pop'.

Otherwise the grey/Rhodium dial would do in a pinch I suppose.

Thanks!

Both, Blue and Rhodium.

Reactions: Gen2Rep